• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Anyone watch Condor?

Season 2 is partway through on Sky One and the first season is downloadable. Ten episodes per season, based on 3 days of the Condor. Jeremy Irons' son plays the lead.
I enjoyed the first more than I expected. And it was good to see Brendan Fraser on a show. As well as William Hurt and Mira Sorvino.

Anyone watch Condor?

Season 2 is partway through on Sky One and the first season is downloadable. Ten episodes per season, based on 3 days of the Condor. Jeremy Irons' son plays the lead.
I enjoyed the first more than I expected. And it was good to see Brendan Fraser on a show. As well as William Hurt and Mira Sorvino.

Was that a robert Redford movie?

Been watching a few things lately. Seem to have a bit of a dysfunctional, and/or mockumentary theme going on. I know some of these have been around for awhile, but I think I said before, I didn't watch much TV for a few years outside of football and a few films.

Brassic - a bit like Young Offenders in that it's a bit too puerile and too childish at times (which usually puts me off enough to ditch things). however, some very funny moments, too. And I like Joe Gilgun. I watched some of Preacher awhile back, and enjoyed the first two seasons of that. The third season I started losing interest, and the start of the fourth was so brick, I ditched it entirely. But I did like his character in that, before realising why I 'knew' him - he was a bloody Dingle, from Emmerdale, of all things.
This Country - 3 series and a couple of extras, mockumentary set in a rural village in the Cotswolds. Some genuinely funny moments, some a bit overplayed, but still good on the whole.
Flowers - I hadn't heard of this before, and knew nothing about it. However, despite a couple of off-notes (for me, personally), it really struck a chord with me in several places. Too many, really, perhaps! Dark comedy that again, I nearly ditched early on, but stuck with it because it was so short - 2 series, 20ish minute episodes, 6 per series. Well worth a look, particularly if you, or somebody close to you suffers from depression, or other kind of mental illness.
Also started watching High Score, some of it is pretty interesting, but for some reason, my attention was drifting off entirely whilst it was on - not the best sign, it should be right up my street. About the old-skool retro gaming industry etc, which I am interested in. Only got a couple of episodes in, but will leave it for now and go back to it another time.
So now, I just started watching the first season of People Just Do Nothing. Again, mockumentary style, set in Brentford around Kurupt FM pirate radio station that broadcasts garage and drum n bass. So far, pretty funny... there are a few seasons, so not sure if it stays good or not yet.

Oh, and I caught up with season 3 of The Handmaid's Tale, which is more dystopian than dysfunctional. But still, so well made, if a bit slow in places.

Not very good. The first episode is okay, but the dramatic tension drops off massively. It focuses on the public health lead, and tbh the challenges and enemies (suave Cabinet Office gits) she faces aren’t all that interesting. Really, they should either have played fast and loose with the facts, or put more focus on the Russians, in the interests of having some sort of narrative arc.

Everyone else seemed to like it though.

Your entire evaluation, was bang on correct.

Lovecraft Country is brilliant. I expected little, but christ, what writing and what a tremendous set of storylines. I cannot recommend it enough.

I'm interested but I'm now so turned off by fantasy/superheroes stuff.
The Mrs suffers my Football and Cricket addictions and has absolutely no time for fantasy programs.....I may put on my after COVID list but I'm a season behind Better Call Saul and Blacklist already.

Last edited:
Harlots - finally on BBC and IMO very good
Boys series 2 now on Amazon so hopefully as good as the first
And Cobra Kai.... quite wooden and quite addictive too and now on netflix

I just started watching the first season of People Just Do Nothing. Again, mockumentary style, set in Brentford around Kurupt FM pirate radio station that broadcasts garage and drum n bass. So far, pretty funny... there are a few seasons, so not sure if it stays good or not yet.

I love this show, very funny

Back