• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Caught the end of an episode of Homeland last night and thought it looked good so I've grabbed the first series to watch, seem to remember some on here liking it.

Game of Thrones is back. Here's a recap of the first season:

[video=youtube;oCruJzlWefE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCruJzlWefE[/video]

I thought the series was pretty balanced really, it showed both the benefits of the empire, such as the spread of sport, taking the lead on the abolition of slavery etc. but also the downside such as the opium wars and the fudge up in palestine. what history books have you been reading?

spurs win. game of thrones.shameless.californication.mad men.fudging great weekend.

Or indeed, history books!

We were evil and the world would be a much better place if the British never existed. At least that's what the liberal left in this country and Europe would have you believe. On the other hand, France,Spain, Italy, Holland, Germany, Russia etc are bloody great countries who have done no wrong.....

Been catching up on Alcatraz. They've picked up the pace a little and it actually got really good towards the end. They way they've burned off the episodes does not look good for a renewal though. Season finale was an ode to Bullitt. Car chase through San Francisco. Main character dressed like Steve McQueen, some of the same cars involved.

Currently several issues into The Walking Dead comics. Interesting to see how the tv version has basically fleshed out (excuse the pun) the issue arcs from the comics.

This, can't believe the Americans have finally managed it. So much more enjoyable than the UK one

I love the US version of Shameless. Brilliant tv show and something completely different to the usual suspect of shows I tend to follow from across the Atlantic.

Currently several issues into The Walking Dead comics. Interesting to see how the tv version has basically fleshed out (excuse the pun) the issue arcs from the comics.

It seems that season 3 is going to be a lot closer to the comics compared to seasons 1&2.

I think they initially tried to limit the amount they took from the comics but I don't think you can ignore characters like The Governor and Michonne for too long! :D

Back