• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

I just watched half an hour of the worst acting and weakest plot EVAH! What a load of tosh. The budget must be around £50. It was like Doctor Who from the 90s

Glad to hear someone else say that. People are raving about it, for whatever reason. I only watched five minutes, granted, but could tell that the show was brick. Terrible acting/writing.

I've finally started watching Westworld. It's just as good as I hoped it would be. Much better, in fact. Best series in a long while, no doubt.
Yep we just done episode 6 on friday night.

It is v v good. Plenty of 'whats happening' 'whats going on?'...but its dripping thru slowly :)

the new (amazon) top gear has captured the amusement of the bbc version, 3 middle aged idiots talking rubbish

i'm quite enjoying it

What have people's views on the new series of The Walking Dead been? For me, very un-even and there has been a huge drop off in the quality of the writing. Some of it has been risible. The cast is also far too bloated now, with too many secondary characters who are in-consequential. Negan is a huge disappoint, as he is nowhere near as menacing as the Governor.

What have people's views on the new series of The Walking Dead been? For me, very un-even and there has been a huge drop off in the quality of the writing. Some of it has been risible. The cast is also far too bloated now, with too many secondary characters who are in-consequential. Negan is a huge disappoint, as he is nowhere near as menacing as the Governor.
Not watched it yet, will wait and watch it all at once, the last season was very patchy as well so was a bit wary of this one.

Agreed! Negan is so BORING! The attempts to make
him a 'character' are miserable. And having been given the bat last episode, there has been nothing to suggest quite why Rick would not have bashed his head in! Certainly not enough 'mind control' from that boring gasbag anyway. It is really getting weaker by the week, and frankly, they need to get rid of Negan ASAP!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

There's one thing that really bugs me with Westworld. Spoiler below if you haven't seen the 8 first episodes.

Why, oh why, don't the lab guys, the Asian guy and the red bearded guy, when Meave asks them to set her intelligence up, just do the opposite? I know it's later revealed that the asian guy has grown quite fond of her and whatnot, but whenever she's acting aggro and threatens them, the red bearded guy could always just flip open the pad thing and turn her intelligence down. Why doesn't he?!

Also, I think it would've benefitted from more realistic characters. Too many of the "humans" are just cliches you'd expect to find in say a James Bond movie, in my opinion - Theresa, Logan, the "British" script writer, the hot young one that comes in around episode 5, Hopkins's character (he's quite cool none the less though). Arch types from stupid action movies. Unless, of course, it turns out at some point that everyone of them are robots, which wouldn't be completely surprising. ;)

Well the Westworld season finale was rather interesting!

Upped the stakes for what comes next, rather annoying that we have to wait until 2018 for the next instalments.

Back