• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Guess whose back on sunday night for season 3

eastbounddown.jpg

Yep Kenny fudging Powers !!!!

I just watched - 30 minutes or less with Danny Mcbride and the guy from fudgebook. brick film but very hot Indian girl on there.

The LAST EVER hustle is on now - one of my fave shows ever. WATCH IT

Clarkson getting the sack would be hilarious! Isn't it funny how nearly all of his controversial remarks always seem to coincide with the release of a new book or new series of Top Gear?

I have to say I like Clarkson, he a miserable old bastard but somehow a funny one for me.

Its just that TopGear is totally done in its current format.

Why aren't the US shows broadcast in the UK at the same time? I understand advertising revenue....but..... if the episode were to be streamed online, which many are albeit not so legally, with a series of adverts which pay the cost of the show, then surely this would work? Plus why does it suddenly become ok 6 months or so down the line? Annoying how we are always second best to the US in terms of movies and tv shows. :(

And another thing that frustrates me... why is it that they take a UK show over to the US and turn it in to something different. Whilst we accept what they do with their tv shows and don't go about remaking it? I do like the US versions but why won't they tolerate our versions? I guess it's all about money in both scenarios.

A lot of the time it's because they don't think Americans will be able to relate or understand the British humour, mannerisms, etc etc. TBH I don't think they give the American viewer enough credit, a lot of them get tinkled off when they hear they're remaking one of our shows either because they've already seen and loved the British versions, or they're annoyed about not being able to see them, and being treated like macarons.
I can only think of one good American remake and that's Shameless. Apparently The Office is good, but I haven't watched either version.

For those who haven't seen it,Homeland starts tonight on Channel 4. Thoroughly recommend it

I've heard good things about this show, looking forward to it.

Compelling US thriller starring Claire Danes and Damian Lewis. An American soldier left for dead in Iraq is rescued after years in captivity - but can the returning hero's story be trusted?
Next on Channel 4: Sun 19 Feb, 9.30PM
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/homeland

Very, very good series. Dont expect much from the first 2/3 episodes in way of action - they set out the plot which enables the later episodes in the series, #5 onwards, to be quite fast paced. Very well written as well.

Back