• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Siggi

Re: Gylfi Sigurdsson

Decent. I prefer Holtby from what I've seen though.

I'm probably being unfair on Holtby here because he's really a player for next season but from what I've seen of Holtby I've been very unimpressed. Yes he's energetic and sparky but he hasn't done all that much. He does "a job" and all that but he's not the player (at this moment) I thought he was going to be. He certainly hasn't shown us anything of what he was like at Schalke. And yes I know he's not being played in a similar position but I have to say I'm not aboard the Holtby bus like some seem t be.

I'm probably being unfair on Holtby here because he's really a player for next season but from what I've seen of Holtby I've been very unimpressed. Yes he's energetic and sparky but he hasn't done all that much. He does "a job" and all that but he's not the player (at this moment) I thought he was going to be. He certainly hasn't shown us anything of what he was like at Schalke. And yes I know he's not being played in a similar position but I have to say I'm not aboard the Holtby bus like some seem t be.

THIS.

Why is he being unfair? I've got no doubt Holtby is going to be a very good player for us - he has shown glimpses of what he's about but has been very patchy and as far you can't really say he's done an awful lot other than look like he's got the makings of a player....

If Sig starts and plays well against Inter he may well be a mainstay for the rest of the season.

I agree. Not saying he is bad or poor etc but it was premature of people sucking on his nuts after Norwich game.

No doubt he will be an ok player or even a very good player - I dont know - dont know too much of him and havent seen too much of him in the past.

Sig definitely has that something different that big teams need. Most teams set up against the big boys to defend and you often need that creative spark to unlock these types of defences. We can't always rely on Bale and there's noone else other than Sig in our squad who can offer this bar Dembele now and again....

Why is he being unfair? I've got no doubt Holtby is going to be a very good player for us - he has shown glimpses of what he's about but has been very patchy and as far you can't really say he's done an awful lot other than look like he's got the makings of a player....

Because Holtby is 22 and has only just started playing for Spurs. And while he has not set the world alight (scored winning goals, set up goals, made goal line clearances) he made a big difference to the energy and dynamic of the team when he came on against WBA. It's not as if he was being hailed as the answer to our problems when he was inititially supposed to join us in the summer and the OP even said it himself about being unfair. Let the lad settle in to a new team, new city, NEW COUNTRY and get a run of games then make a judgement.

Because Holtby is 22 and has only just started playing for Spurs. And while he has not set the world alight (scored winning goals, set up goals, made goal line clearances) he made a big difference to the energy and dynamic of the team when he came on against WBA. It's not as if he was being hailed as the answer to our problems when he was inititially supposed to join us in the summer and the OP even said it himself about being unfair. Let the lad settle in to a new team, new city, NEW COUNTRY and get a run of games then make a judgement.

I was absolutely not impressed early-season but tagged him as a player who would need a season to adapt/find his way/adjust. My ONLY worry had been whether he had the mentality to push on and make his case, but he's doing so and again I think the manager has handled him very very well.

I have to say that sig has been impressive the last couple of games and deserves a run in the side. I do like how AVB plays inform players and plays a team setup against the opposition. Where as last year apart from injurys the team picked itself. With regards to Holtby I would like to see him play a bit deeper maybe replacing Parker. This is believe should give him a bit more room to be creative. Both Dembele and Holtby work hard but both will have to have some discipline of when to go and when to stay

Exactly. So he hasn't done a lot so far, I said he's going to be a very good player - but i'd say Gylfi has contributed more. Of course Sig has had more game time and more time to settle etc, not knocking Holtby at all. I think both will be important first XI players in the long term....

I agree. Not saying he is bad or poor etc but it was premature of people sucking on his nuts after Norwich game.

No doubt he will be an ok player or even a very good player - I don't know - don't know too much of him and haven't seen too much of him in the past.
Absolutely. I'm hoping he steps up next season and is one of our consistent top performers. For now I think despite that one bad piece of decision making during the NLD when he had the goal at his mercy Siggy merits a start over LH.

Great performance last night from Siggy, really looks like the player we were hoping we'd signed. And good to see AVB start with him again, he really does get when a player is on form and should be playing.

Hope he can keep it up we could really do with it!

Great performance last night from Siggy, really looks like the player we were hoping we'd signed. And good to see AVB start with him again, he really does get when a player is on form and should be playing.

Hope he can keep it up we could really do with it!

I think that last night was his finest performance in a Spurs shirt so far.

Thought he was brilliant last night, and definitely his best performance for us. He looks much, much sharper than he did at the start of the season. He's a definite starter for me if he keeps this form going. Great to see him succeed!

Thinking about it, that means all of Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, Dempsey and Sigurdsson now have made their mark for Spurs, the first three having had the best impact so far, but also Dempsey and Siggy have proved their worth for us. I'd say that's pretty good summer business from Spurs!

Thought he was brilliant last night, and definitely his best performance for us. He looks much, much sharper than he did at the start of the season. He's a definite starter for me if he keeps this form going. Great to see him succeed!

Thinking about it, that means all of Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, Dempsey and Sigurdsson now have made their mark for Spurs, the first three having had the best impact so far, but also Dempsey and Siggy have proved their worth for us. I'd say that's pretty good summer business from Spurs!

100% this

I was his biggest critic and whilst im not gonna jump the gun etc - he was excellent last night. Really really good. The cross for Bales goal was inch perfect and he tackled and battled and just looked more energetic.

Holtby showed some glimpses of what he could do in his first few cameos, while Sigurdsson had a generally disappointing start. Perhaps this was the spur he needed as he has had a great couple of games. Competition is good for some players. Before it was a choice between him and different kinds of player. Now he has more direct competition, although perhaps we will see both at Inter.

even for swansea siggy operates best on the left cutting in.
now that bale has vacated the left wing entirely, it would suit siggy very well.

even for swansea siggy operates best on the left cutting in.
now that bale has vacated the left wing entirely, it would suit siggy very well.

This. We may have just got a bit lucky with how this has fallen into place.

Siggy's delivery is first class, which is good because so was bales from the left. Also within a game i would imagine they could swap positions for a bit if we need to change things up.

Still think Siggy is putting too much effort in, at Swansea he had much more flow and the game came to him, but that said if hard work turns things round, then good for him.

Funny thing is that Holtby had a shocker of a cameo last night.

At least AVB rewards good performance and show fairness in selection, if you're on an upward curve, you're in.

Holtby's first few games (including last night) have been better overall than Siggy's first half of season (was really worried about Siggy for a while).

That said, seems Siggy has adapted and/or found form at the exact moment we needed it the most, not too sure about his match fitness for 90 mins yet.

He's earned his spot as the previous poster mentioned, so AVB will give him a run.

Back