• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Siggi

I'm not entirely sure where Sigurdsson fits in either, to be honest. Obviously, AVB must have some idea, or he wouldn't have gone along with it.

this is what ive been wondering too. As i said before, i do hope AVB was 100% behind this deal and has a definite role for The Sig.

I thought Gary Cahill was an AVB signing at Chelsea but he didnt seem to utilise the player as much as he could have

is The Sig a Levy inspired signing??:-k

"I like him (Andre Villas-Boas) and the ideas he has," Sigurdsson told Icelandic website mbl.is.

Impressed

"He has faith in me and I'm looking forward to working under his leadership.

"I enjoyed playing under Brendan and I am grateful for everything he has done for me, but after careful consideration I liked Spurs best.

"The team has world-class players in their ranks and they play good football, which I like.

"I was impressed with the club's plans for next season and the coming years. There is clearly great ambition at Tottenham and the club intends to do big things.

"It is a pleasure to see that Gareth Bale has signed a new contract. There are top players in the team and the club is getting a new training ground."

this is what ive been wondering too. As i said before, i do hope AVB was 100% behind this deal and has a definite role for The Sig.

I thought Gary Cahill was an AVB signing at Chelsea but he didnt seem to utilise the player as much as he could have

On talksport a journalist that covers Swansea was talking about Sigurdsson before he signed to Danny Kelly. Kelly asked him what he would bring to a top 6 challenging club.

The journalist said he had everything you'd want in a modern midfielder. His set-pieces, the curl he puts on the ball, whipped in deliveries and long-range strikes, goals from midfield, but above all he said his work-rate and energy were his biggest asset. He said he eagerly buys into the high pressing game that some of the top teams have played in the Euros, such as Spain. He said he presses high up the pitch and won a lot of ball for Swansea in dangerous areas.

If you consider the above, I think Sigurdsson would fit right into AVB's 3-man midfield. He has the energy and will to press high and the intelligence and goal-threat to hurt teams when he wins the ball high up the pitch. I haven't seen much of him myself, only when Swansea played us last season, but if the journalist is correct, I think he would be right up AVB's street.

Also, where did Sigurdsson come from? He wasn't mentioned as a target until the last couple of weeks - it looked like Liverpool were nailed on to sign him, Spurs swooped quickly from left-field. What does that say to me?

It says to me that he only became a target when we were sitting round a table with AVB and his representatives and we knew the deal would be done (just ironing out formalities) and the topic of transfer strategy obviously came up at one point and Sigurdsson was agreed - he fits AVB's system and profile, but more importantly he fits Levy's profile too - young, relatively inexpensive, high potential sell-on value.

Sigurdsson himself said he had a call from AVB and talked to him about his ideas and football stategy - so I think it all makes sense that this is absolutely an AVB approved signing - from the timing, to the player profile!

On talksport a journalist that covers Swansea was talking about Sigurdsson before he signed to Danny Kelly. Kelly asked him what he would bring to a top 6 challenging club.

The journalist said he had everything you'd want in a modern midfielder. His set-pieces, the curl he puts on the ball, whipped in deliveries and long-range strikes, goals from midfield, but above all he said his work-rate and energy were his biggest asset. He said he eagerly buys into the high pressing game that some of the top teams have played in the Euros, such as Spain. He said he presses high up the pitch and won a lot of ball for Swansea in dangerous areas.

If you consider the above, I think Sigurdsson would fit right into AVB's 3-man midfield. He has the energy and will to press high and the intelligence and goal-threat to hurt teams when he wins the ball high up the pitch. I haven't seen much of him myself, only when Swansea played us last season, but if the journalist is correct, I think he would be right up AVB's street.

Also, where did Sigurdsson come from? He wasn't mentioned as a target until the last couple of weeks - it looked like Liverpool were nailed on to sign him, Spurs swooped quickly from left-field. What does that say to me?

It says to me that he only became a target when we were sitting round a table with AVB and his representatives and we knew the deal would be done (just ironing out formalities) and the topic of transfer strategy obviously came up at one point and Sigurdsson was agreed - he fits AVB's system and profile, but more importantly he fits Levy's profile too - young, relatively inexpensive, high potential sell-on value.

Sigurdsson himself said he had a call from AVB and talked to him about his ideas and football stategy - so I think it all makes sense that this is absolutely an AVB approved signing - from the timing, to the player profile!

good reply, thanks for that and what you say makes perfect sense

fcuk, i just cant wait to see the new team perform. Exciting times

"I like him (Andre Villas-Boas) and the ideas he has," Sigurdsson told Icelandic website mbl.is.

Impressed

"He has faith in me and I'm looking forward to working under his leadership.

"I enjoyed playing under Brendan and I am grateful for everything he has done for me, but after careful consideration I liked Spurs best.

"The team has world-class players in their ranks and they play good football, which I like.

"I was impressed with the club's plans for next season and the coming years. There is clearly great ambition at Tottenham and the club intends to do big things.

"It is a pleasure to see that Gareth Bale has signed a new contract. There are top players in the team and the club is getting a new training ground."

ahh, i missed that...guess im worrying for nothing](*,) :)

He wasn't a target for Liverpool either before Rodgers came there. Him leaving Swansea is what triggered interest from other clubs and they were Liverpool (Rodgers) and Tottenham, where we supposedly have good connections with his agent.

He wasn't a target for Liverpool either before Rodgers came there. Him leaving Swansea is what triggered interest from other clubs and they were Liverpool (Rodgers) and Tottenham, where we supposedly have good connections with his agent.

i do remember us being slightly linked with Siggy back in the days he was at Reading and was bursting onto the scene. Probably the scouts recommended him to Redknapp and the board but we decided to pass up on him. Then he left for Hoffenheim.

As has been mentioned, Sig is definitely an AVB signing, and will fit right in with his strategy without a problem.

I can see AVB loving working here, because it seems like he has real input into the transfers and gets the players he wants and needs. At Chelsea he seemed to get a few, but he also seemed to be lumbered with players that he didn't really much care for. As well as inheriting a squad totally unsuited to his style of play, he didn't seem to rate Lukaku, and I'm not sure Cahill is really a ball playing, pacey, high line kind of guy. Maybe he is, but AVB didn't seem to want to use him that much. He got Mereiles in only when moves for Moutinho and Modric failed, Mata and Romeu. But really it seems like it was a bit of a mish-mash of ideals, having to make the best use of Roman's splurges as well as trying to incorporate his own players in - was never gonna work.

Here, our squad is ripe for him to keep the players he needs, move on the ones he doesn't need, but the players can still generate fees that mean we can replace them with players he does. He's always said he needs the right club, where everything is set up for success with everyone working together. I'm so glad we appear to be providing that to him.

Gylfi Sigurdsson spurned Liverpool's advances because he believes Tottenham are a club that is going places, the Iceland midfielder has revealed.

Speculation surrounding Sigurdsson's future came to an end when Spurs confirmed they had signed the 22-year-old on a reported five-year deal.

Sigurdsson had been linked with Swansea, where he was on loan last season, and the midfielder confirmed this evening there was also strong interest from Liverpool, who are now managed by former Swans boss Brendan Rodgers.

article-0-13EC3A94000005DC-712_468x286.jpg
Making an impression: Gylfi Sigurdsson scores against Spurs in Swansea's 3-1 defeat at White Hart Lane

But Sigurdsson opted to move to White Hart Lane after a meeting with the Spurs' hierarchy, who persuaded him the north London club are destined for great things.

Spurs failed to make the Champions League last season after Chelsea's victory over Bayern Munich in the final, but Sigurdsson believes the club will be serious challengers for a top-four place next term.

'I enjoyed playing under Brendan and I am grateful for everything he has done for me, but after careful consideration I liked Spurs best,' Sigurdsson told Icelandic website mbl.is.

'The team has world-class players in their ranks and they play good football, which I like. I was impressed with the club's plans for next season and the coming years.

article-0-13EBD8EB000005DC-5_306x392.jpg
On the move: Sigurdsson

'There is clearly great ambition at Tottenham and the club intends to do big things. It is a pleasure to see that Gareth Bale has signed a new contract.

'There are top players in the team and the club is getting a new training ground.'

Sigurdsson joined Swansea on loan from Hoffenheim last season and netted seven times in 19 appearances for the Welsh side.

Swansea had agreed a £6.8million fee, and personal terms with the player, but Rodgers' departure to Liverpool scuppered the deal.

The midfielder has already spoken to Andre Villas-Boas, who was named as Harry Redknapp's replacement, and is looking forward to working under the Portuguese.

'I like him and the ideas he has,' Sigurdsson added. 'He has faith in me and I'm looking forward to working under his leadership.'

Sigurdsson's arrival has raised questions about the future of Luka Modric.

The Spurs playmaker, who last year was the subject of a £40million bid from Chelsea, has made it clear he wants to leave White Hart Lane, and Sigurdsson is being viewed by some as a like-for-like replacement.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has vowed not to sell any of the club's top stars but his resolve could be tested if Chelsea, Real Madrid or either of the Manchester clubs bid for the Croatian this summer.

Tottenham hope to wrap up a deal for Ajax captain Jan Vertonghen in the near future and the club have also been linked with a move for Russian midfielder Alan Dzagoev.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...l-London-club-going-places.html#ixzz1zkV2ZzAu

fcuking eck, this new training ground better be all its cracked up to be. Its getting mentioned by everyone and Levy must use its existence in every conversation

DL....so Oscar, you wanna come to Spurs??

Oscar....errrm, maybe Mr Levy, what you got to offer??

DL.....50k a week, Sandro at the club, and a brand new training ground

Oscar.....brand new training ground i hear you say????? Thats it then, done deal, lets shake on it

He can take set pieces which is a huge bonus in our team as we're toss at them.

He shoots regularly from distance which was something we lacked last season IMO

He gets up and down the pitch which is key to being successfull in the premier league

He is strong in the air from what I have seen

All looks good for him and us in a better team

I seem to recall Bale shooting from distance every fcuking game and missing!!!

But the whole debate was about shooting regularly from distance. Couldn't care less about who you said :lol:

then you're backing me up surely as my argument in the first place was that we have people that shoot from distance, I was only mentioning that Bale missed.

I will put a smiley face also as I dont want you to feel left out. :lol:

Back