• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

The last few seasons, Wigan have had a knack of getting the necessary results for survival. They've had some impressive results. A win against Arsenal is not beyond them.

The last few seasons, Wigan have had a knack of getting the necessary results for survival. They've had some impressive results. A win against Arsenal is not beyond them.

Only problem is this time we want/need them to. Tends to mess with things.

Sneezy's comments were only a week ago and before we took a point of Chelsea. Wheelchair has been quiet but you would too if you were about to hand in a transfer request. Nothing to see here.

Eh?

Ideal scenario for me is a goalkeeping fudge up, disallowed legitamite Arsenal goal (has that ever happened?) and a LUCKY Wigan win.

However if it's a draw I will be just as happy.

I know I am a very pessimistic fan, but I just cant see anyway that the Goons will drop points tonight. The run they are on at the minute and Wigans cup final exploits have just set it up for them.

Don't worry. I have a £100 bet on Arsenal finishing 4th - I lose ever single bet I ever put down. This one's in the bag.

article-2324301-19C594EB000005DC-79_634x439.jpg

The FA, which has an annual turnover of around £300million, plans to recruit three performance analyst assistants on just £11,300 a year.

The full-time positions are only available to ‘highly motivated individuals’ who have degree-level qualifications in sports science and who show a ‘willingness to work flexible hours and travel extensively’.

Based on a 35-hour working week, the ‘exciting’ position only plays slightly more than the national minimum wage of £6.91 an hour.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2324301/FA-job-advertised-11-300-year.html

So, Wigan will try their best to become the first team ever to win the FA Cup and get relegated in the same season. Hope Arsenal will try their best to stop them !

Eh. Stop worrying, guys. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, we have the debatable bonus of going into the Sunderland game with less pressure on us than we would have if Wigan get something today, which will hopefully enable us to reach 72 points.

Record points total in a 'transition' season: that's a fine achievement in my book.

Got to be an error.

I'm not sure it is, there was an article a while back in The Guardian about how football clubs were offering very low salaries for similar jobs, dressing them up as internships

It's tough, because obviously the pay is rubbish and not everyone could afford to take such a low paying job. But if you can do it, it's probably an investment in your future because once you get through the first few low paying years you're then a few rungs up and getting paid well in an exciting industry doing something you love.

Eh. Stop worrying, guys. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, we have the debatable bonus of going into the Sunderland game with less pressure on us than we would have if Wigan get something today, which will hopefully enable us to reach 72 points.

Record points total in a 'transition' season: that's a fine achievement in my book.

Agreed. Record points total after the upheaval of losing 3 of our best players, a new manager who was being set up to fail by the media and all while competing with 5 other clubs who have a significantly larger wage and transfer budget than us.

I don't know which way it will go tonight RE Wigan.

On the one hand, they do this every year. I think Martinez must be something in their conditioning that has them playing like monsters around this time. But also they appear used to playing under the pressure of needing to win...

...That was until their Swansea match. Silly errors which they would not normally make totally cost them, and it's one of the first times I've seen them really make serious fudge ups when needing to win, as I totally expected them to beat Swansea comfortably. Maybe the pressure has gotten too much and they won't do what's needed tonight.

A draw is possible though.

Not putting all my hopes on wigan as i think it might finally be one relegation fight too many. Would be pleasantly suprised if they managed it though.

our fates are so intertwined that if they manage to get the win or even a draw, i'll become a wigan fan

so cmawn you Latics!!!!

I am off to watch Jimmy Carr in Oxford so will have to endure an evening of snatched glimpses at my phone to find out the score at the DW.

No expectations, no disappointment. That's my take. Anything other than an expected Arse win, will be a bonus.

Back