• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

you want to know why nearly 2 and a bit months of relegation form is worse than two defeats on the bounce?

if we don't compare ourselves to those around us, we'd be expecting to win the league every season

I dont see seasons as segments.... I see it as a season. Last season we threw away a 10 point lead this season 7 - not as bad but still very poor. Maybe thats me though.

If a season doesnt end in March, a season also doesnt matter if you lose 5 games straight or scattered over a 38 game period. You will still get the same points and thus the same position.

I agree partly about the second point but we have a strategy and I very much our strategy says to finish above Arse - it will say to finish top four or CL places.

So we use every last penny of it on the stadium then what? What use will a big grand stadium be if we do not have a team. Its the chicken and the egg

We have a team, that's a pretty poor argument. We will either find a way to compensate for Bale or we will be slightly worse off for a few seasons until our revenue starts to grow.

yeh you're kinda missing the point but anyway.

no, i get your point

how about wages being an important motivating factor for those clubs who pay more than us, so their players somehow subconsciously try harder because they want to maintain that level of salary by finishing in the top 4. Once Spurs players hit the home stretch, they dont have the same motivation

Great post.

Huh? Isn't agreeing that we shouldn't measure ourselves against or looking at other teams results as DHSF has said going against what you've been saying? Ie. who cares if we've achieved more points than before, if our opposition still finish higher?

In isolation our achievement of doing slightly better merit some praise surely. Great accomplishment considering I didn't expect us to even compete for the top 4 at the start of the season.

People watched us drop a significantly larger than 7 point lead against Arsenal last season. People watched Manchester United, one of the better teams in Europe, managed by probably one of the best managers ever drop 8 points against City last season in way fewer games than remained when we had 7 points this season.

People then watch us drop that 7 point lead this season, but insist that the problem must be with the club, with the team, with the manager or with the chairman. Not with their own perception of what constitutes a safe lead.

Good post? it's probably the most craziest and defeatist post on this thread (bar Jordinho's post about Bale).

If wages is the issue we might as well give up before the season starts and never even aim for 4th. Funny that wages didn't stop us having a 7 point lead against Gooners in March.

Wages caused our players to hand Liverpool 2 goals on a plate, lost at home against turbo brick Fulham (who have since been on a horrendous run of form), and drop points in a couple of other games. Damn Wages man..i hates wages.

My post referred to the specific point highlighted in skyfarer's post. That's why I wrote "Very good point" - not "Very good post".

Your post is therefore irrelevant to what I wrote.

I dont see seasons as segments.... I see it as a season. Last season we threw away a 10 point lead this season 7 - not as bad but still very poor. Maybe thats me though.

If a season doesnt end in March, a season also doesnt matter if you lose 5 games straight or scattered over a 38 game period. You will still get the same points and thus the same position.

I agree partly about the second point but we have a strategy and I very much our strategy says to finish above Arse - it will say to finish top four or CL places.

If the fixture list by some strange occurence have us playing the bottom half teams and Arsenal the top half it could be a pretty big gap after 9 games. Do you then expect it to stay like that?

Back