• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Yes but it depends on Emirates Marketing Project winning too. If they lose a game then United would win the title sooner.

Not worried at all. They outplayed them at Westfalenstadion and got a credible draw in Madrid.

Plus Madrid got a fortuitous decision against United.

I simply allowed for worst case scenario - i.e. City matching their results from here on

I disagree on the second part btw - that Nani tackle was 'dangerous play', imv - irrespective of intent

Just to re-cap - If Utd win their next 2 games - 3 points against Arse next would seal the title at The Emirates (irrespective of City's results)?

Great news for us in terms of approaching this game competitively and smashing them (Utd)

City's next game is against us. For United to win the title at Arsenal it would require City to have beaten us.

Which is hardly good news.

Edit: Fair enough, not their next one, but the one after. The point still stands though.

Last edited:
On a side note - Modric has been in great form last 10-odd games - starting to come into his own

I've got a feeling Alonso might leave in the summer, opening the door for Luka's regular starting spot alongside Khedira and Ozil

City's next game is against us. For United to win the title at Arsenal it would require City to have beaten us.

Which is hardly good news.

On current form - I'd be happy with a draw - they're in good form and have strikers which actually pose a goal threat.

Scum could be 7 clear of us by time we play Emirates Marketing Project, we have to win no matter how hard it is. I would not be happy with a point.

Or they could be 1 point clear of us by the time we play City.

Personally i don't think they'll be 7 ahead. Think it's more likely to be 4.

Scum could be 7 clear of us by time we play Emirates Marketing Project, we have to win no matter how hard it is. I would not be happy with a point.

I really don't think Arsenal are our main rivals for 4th place this season (they'd finish well 3rd, imv) - we should be playing close attention on Chelsea and their ridiculous run-in both in terms of fixtures as well as opponents, hoping they fudge it up somewhere along the way and cup-maestro Rafa prioritises the EL, etc.

Yaya was outstanding today.

I was watching him and he definitely shares the same similarities to Dembele. I wish Dembele would be more like him, not afraid to take players on, burst past players in the box etc. he'd be much more of an asset etc.

Was also interested that people were talking about match fixing? your claims lose a bit of its credibility when its spurs fan only giving examples of arsenal matches being fixed

Yaya was outstanding today.

I was watching him and he definitely shares the same similarities to Dembele. I wish Dembele would be more like him, not afraid to take players on, burst past players in the box etc. he'd be much more of an asset etc.

I couldn't watch the match live due to work, but recorded it and thought Barry was typically excellent, more so than Yaya.

I couldn't watch the match live due to work, but recorded it and thought Barry was typically excellent, more so than Yaya.

I'm one of the rare people on here who actually rates Barry. I'm quite fond of the phrase "You put Barry in the team and you wonder what he does.. You take Barry out and you see"

He's a very underrated player in your team, keeps things ticking over, doesn't score goals, doesn't aim to. Just passes to the players who can make a difference. A bit like Carrick in the United team really.

agree also with murmon and swp29.
too often people underestimate how difficult it is to do this type of role. although it looks technically very simple (and perhaps from a technique perspective, this is correct), the way players like Barry and Carrick control the tempo of their teams, and constantly make the correct decision in the terms releasing the ball to the correct player and then occupy good positions in which people can pass them the ball too, is one of the most pivotal roles in a football team. like murmon's phrase, you see fellow teammates constantly praising these types of players.

if you look at xavi and busquets, they are the standard bearers for this role. Xavi has been voted the third best player in the world on multiple occasions, and all he does is "simple 5 yard passes" for the most part. This just shows how important and difficult this role is.

Was also interested that people were talking about match fixing? your claims lose a bit of its credibility when its spurs fan only giving examples of arsenal matches being fixed

if refs were fixing it for Arse to win games then how come Mertersacker was sent off a couple of weeks ago at West Brom....a bent ref would have simply given a yellow card and even a free kick outside the area instead of a pen. A bent ref can do what he wants surely??

I didn't see any of the game yesterday. What was made of this 2-footed tackle!? Was Aguero trying to get revenge for something earlier on?

Back