• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

The way arsenal fans celebrated winning that pen... For them to miss it. = Priceless

I must say Everton look the real deal in the chase for 4th, like I feared at the start of the season.

I think we proabably have more variety of skill in our squad, but not sure how we compare physically. Most of our signings this summer were 6-footers, but are any of them able to handle the kind of 'bruising' that teams like Everton, Stoke, Sunderland and West Ham probably relish engaging in?

In fact is our squad set up to handle the 'bruising' aspect of games against these type of teams? I worry that the recent games against Norwich and Southampton (2nd half) says that we are not as well set-up as we were previously.

Get Kaboul, Ekotto, Parker,Dembele back to fitness and Ade back on form, and keep them fit for all games and we should finish higher than them. But would be foolish to think they are not a threat. Moyes has assembled a very good side

Also, without wanting to jinx anything, what do people make of Arsenal?
Are they going to struggle to get top 4? If so, what suggests that the struggle will be any more than last season's struggle (and ultimate triumph)?

I think they will get fourth because we might not get it right this season. I think they're brick but we've slipped a bit and I'm not sure Everton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine or West Brom will be able to get enough points. I expect Everton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, scum and us to compete. If we can keep a fully fit side for most of the year I think we can do it

At a guess, I'd say the top three will be United, City and Chelsea, with the fourth spot going to one of us, Arsenal, or Everton, and the relegation spots being occupied by QPR, Southampton and Reading.

Not sure how we could rule out Saudi Sportswashing Machine. They got a very decent first XI

Arsenal are showing us that fourth is up for grabs, we just have to take the opportunity.

Thought both of Everton's goals may not have come off on another day and agreed with Shearer that Sunderland created plenty of goal scoring opportunities. Can't see Everton scoring many if afro guy goes off the boil so absolutely do not agree with Shearer they will get 4th.
Have to say based on MOTD that WBA's result looked the better. Steve Clarke seems unflustered by it all-his experience at the top will see him in good stead-he has seen winners at close quarters.
Fantastic 30 yard ball from Scholes to the pea guy for United's opener.
The referee who booked Rose deserves to be withdrawn from the list as does Mariner. That is 3 penalties in a row denied to Lallana.
Once again all show and no result from Taarabt-my dream is Arse pay big bucks for him.
Yet another "assist" for Crouch that he had no idea about.

how good was berbatov? we really should have been in for him.. amazing player.

Anyone thinking WBA will be anywhere near the top 6 come the end of the season is mad. We have seen it all before when a team like this has a great start. I see them finishing 10th.

Arsenal are showing us that fourth is up for grabs, we just have to take the opportunity.

It was even more up for grabs last season when we fecked it up truely.

What amazed me on MOTD this morning was the sheer number of empty seats at the Emirates again

Back