• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official OMT ****Tottenham Hotspur vs West Bromwich Albion****

Yes, disappointing, and all a bit laboured throughout, I thought. We never really looked very comfortable, and although we threatened up front rather more after Adebayor came on, we also started conceding the midfield, so the defence came under more pressure. Lukaku created sheer panic every time the ball was in our box, and set-piece defending is clearly still a very big issue. We need to add to the squad by next Friday on this evidence, or we might struggle to finish in the top 8, never mind the top 4.

Pretty fair, I think (and usually I think his writing is a load of toss)

http://harry-hotspur.com/2012/08/analysis/?

Good morning.
Straight to business then and I do hope those of you feverishly composing letters in green ink from ‘outraged consumers’ to Levy & Co. this morning are will remember to thank them for at least the first hours worth of football yesterday.
As I commented yesterday much of our play was up their with the gods. Slick and dare I say it, scintillating. The passing and movement was Barcelonaesque. West Brom couldn’t get possession. They couldn’t get more than two passes together. They couldn’t catch us.
Who could have known that the removal of van Der Vaart would caused the whole Jenga Tower to go over? The issue was, as ever that the Dutchman was pooped. Done in. If anyone can highlight an instance where he’s played a full 90 minutes at anything approaching that tempo speak now or forever hold thy …well you know.
But the substitution of van Der Vaart was the cataclysmic. The change saw the arrival of Adebayor who is I see is accused of being unfit, but I suggest that the real issue is that with vDV gone a vital cog in the mechanism to serve him wasn’t there anymore.
Sandro was next to depart and too was knackered. He was far more impressive than he was last week but he was beginning to pant.
The problem is replacing Modric. We haven’t. Van Der Vaart was only masking the problem and when he went it was exposed for all to see. As per the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game, Jake Livermore is a player that doesn’t really do much wrong, but he neither does he do much of genuine note.
The addition of Gylfi was good, but if I look at my chalkboard from yesterday I would argue we needed him on from the start. Worse yet, Azza Blud and Bale switched wings. The net result was suddenly neither contributed anything of note apart from when Baled wandered back in centrally.
If the subbing of van Der Vaart was serious flesh wound then Defoe’s disallowed goal was a dirty great fistful of rock salt rubbed into the thick of it. The Tottenham of old emerged from the psyche. And so we brought on J****. Jesus wept.
In an instant all the delegates for Invisible Man Convention were seated and ready for the presentation. Villas-Boas, please tell us all that you don’t really have any belief in this pilchard. He was booed I hear by some of our lot. Presumably this was our fans and not his team mates. Either way it’s seriously not on at games. That’s what the Internet is for. Grow a brain.
We removed Van Der Vaart, paired Livermore with Jenas and the net result was a pair of giant Monty Python hands came out of the sky and laid onto the centre of the park the world’s largest Welcome Matt.
West Brom suddenly went from having little possession to the lion’s share. Thankfully this was West Brom and the worst they did was hurl the blunt yet nevertheless determined instrument that was Lakaku at us. I lie, the worst they did was score.
So where are we? Well, yet again we need to replace Modric. Because the answer is not on currently on the books and there isn’t a way of rearranging what furniture we have left to disguise the fact we’ve been burgled.
The boss is right. This is the beginning of a very exciting new era, but whilst we need more than a limited Defoe and a questionably fit Adebayor, what we really need is a Modric.

"But the substitution of van Der Vaart was the cataclysmic." Do you think Mr. Hotspur means 'catalyst'. Or has inserted a 'the' in error, and is inclined to hyperbole.

I think I will dispute his assertion that the first hour's worth of football (Mr. Hotspur, please note the use of the possessive apostrophe) was "up their (Mr. Hotspur please note the incorrect spelling of there) with the gods" (Should we capitalise gods? -I'm thinking probably).

Nor was it, dare I say it, "scintillating" (sparkling, shining, animated, or brilliant) or "Barcelonaesque" (they tend pass with purpose and score a lot of goals as a result). And as for Spurs being a Jenga Tower (a group of wooden blocks constructed into a rather dull looking vertical structure), whilst that may be a surprisingly appropriate metaphor, I don't think it was quite what Harry H intended.

As a blogger named after a person immortalised by William Shakespeare, perhaps Mr. Hostpur could do with a sub-editor. Or printing out a hard copy version of his exquisite prose and proof reading it very carefully.

And yes we all mistakes, and I'm sure that I have made a few in this post, and maybe it doesn't really matter. But someone has to make a stand for written use of the English language, and I was feeling grumpy this morning.

Accidental or on purpose?!

On purpose, although there are probably others that were accidental elsewhere. But then I didn't print it out and proof it, which if you are going to post something up for a large audience, is probably a good idea. (Of course, I am making the assumption that Harry didn't print his piece out and proof it!). As I said, most people probably don't care that much anyway -and I was/am grumpy this morning/afternoon.

"But the substitution of van Der Vaart was the cataclysmic." Do you think Mr. Hotspur means 'catalyst'. Or has inserted a 'the' in error, and is inclined to hyperbole.

I think I will dispute his assertion that the first hour's worth of football (Mr. Hotspur, please note the use of the possessive apostrophe) was "up their (Mr. Hotspur please note the incorrect spelling of there) with the gods" (Should we capitalise gods? -I'm thinking probably).

Nor was it, dare I say it, "scintillating" (sparkling, shining, animated, or brilliant) or "Barcelonaesque" (they tend pass with purpose and score a lot of goals as a result). And as for Spurs being a Jenga Tower (a group of wooden blocks constructed into a rather dull looking vertical structure), whilst that may be a surprisingly appropriate metaphor, I don't think it was quite what Harry H intended.

As a blogger named after a person immortalised by William Shakespeare, perhaps Mr. Hostpur could do with a sub-editor. Or printing out a hard copy version of his exquisite prose and proof reading it very carefully.

And yes we all mistakes, and I'm sure that I have made a few in this post, and maybe it doesn't really matter. But someone has to make a stand for written use of the English language, and I was feeling grumpy this morning.

Who?

That famous Shakespearian character Mr. Hostpur, of course.

Well I did say I'd probably made a few mistakes. And a few typos are foregiveable -even after subbing sometimes. But that wasn't really the point I was making. Anyway, having watched STO -ARL for a bit, I'm less grumpy than I was now.

I thought Walker and Lennon linked very very well today.

If Lennon had any issues they werent of Walkers doing, they were that he wouldnt commit to pushing into the box to make up attacking numbers when we didnt have the ball and was hestitant on doing the same with it.

He seems extremely happy/comfortable with the idea of getting to the by line and crossing or cutting back, but not at all comfortable with running directly into the box or looking for goals/shots himself

in my mind link up play goes beyond passing the ball but covering space for each other. i agree with you that walker should have joined in attack - like how Corluka used to - but lennon looked a bit random going forwards, so can understand why walker held back. however that means that they're not playing well together, they are not linking up together either.

Vertonghen and gallas were terrible at times yesterday and nobody says anything. If caulker was in the team and played like any of those 2 you would see comments like he isn't good enough and comments slating him

It was Vertonghen's first PL game so I'll cut him some slack, but Gallas does last past it. Wouldn't put it past him to play the odd blinder, but Kaboul will slot back you'd think when he's fit again.

I thought Walker and Lennon linked very very well today.

If Lennon had any issues they werent of Walkers doing, they were that he wouldnt commit to pushing into the box to make up attacking numbers when we didnt have the ball and was hestitant on doing the same with it.pto

He seems extremely happy/comfortable with the idea of getting to the by line and crossing or cutting back, but not at all comfortable with running directly into the box or looking for goals/shots himself

It's a whole different discussion but I did not feel Azza was upto what he is capablee of IMO. I really like the lad - he has a lot of talent and been with us quite a long time (in modern game standards) but wasn't involved enough. That may be for other reasons (i.e. the left wing being a preferable option for passes) but I feel Azza can be more of a weapon than he was in this game. With Charlie, there was a clearer distinction in their roles and I think Azza thrived but with Walker they are too similar IMO. That's not a criticism of Walker, he plays to his strengths.

It seemed clear to me that Walkers job was to push up meaning Lennons job was to get even further forward.

On two fronts, beat his man and get crosses in (at which he was successful) and get in the box himself as goal threat (which he wasnt)

Not sure I see any issue in Walker behind him at all, he did his job

Is this real? :lol:

A1J8yGQCMAEDuso.png

Back