• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official OMT* - The day before a cup semi vs Chelsea and no OMT?

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great result, but haven’t seen such a one-sided game shots and possession wise for a long time.

Thoughts on why? Just tired? Tactical flaw? Tactical plan that kept them at bay and worked a treat?

Well that was tough on the nerves ...

Quite interesting tactically, did Poch purposely just have us sit back, give up possession (something we never do) and absorb knowing they have very few real goal threats?

I'm sure it will have Chelsea guessing as to what we will do in 2nd leg.

Job done, would have been icing on the cake if we got a 2nd .. but will take it ..

BBC text service it wasn't a booking for lamela nor did he commit a foul when he was through on goal.
Ref tried to do us up like a kipper tonight.

We held on big time in the 2nd half. Pluses for me were most of the last ditch clearances at least had some distance, rather than some of the panic slicing of the ball we’ve seen.
Sissoko improving and works much harder but for some reason i still brown pants myself when he has possession of the ball in areas that are dangerous to us.
Weird game but happy with the 1-0.
Fk Chavski

Also, moment of the match (aside the penalty of course) was when Kane decided to call a time out with his pretend calf injury! Phucking genius, we used that break for Poch to swap the midfielders around and we looked more solid after that.

Well that was tough on the nerves ...

Quite interesting tactically, did Poch purposely just have us sit back, give up possession (something we never do) and absorb knowing they have very few real goal threats?

I'm sure it will have Chelsea guessing as to what we will do in 2nd leg.

Job done, would have been icing on the cake if we got a 2nd .. but will take it ..

I don’t think Poch did to be honest. They just suffocated us. If Poch planned to play like that, he’d have found some way to get Son and Eriksen into the game more.

Thought Chelsea played and pressed as well as they possibly could have. So to come away with a win is an amazing result.

Can’t remember the last time we held on for so long without conceding. Certainly not in the last decade.

Some great defending in there. Rose’s tackle near the end was a beauty.

Was Lamelas definitely a foul? I was convinced he was clean through.

Also, moment of the match (aside the penalty of course) was when Kane decided to call a time out with his pretend calf injury! Phucking genius, we used that break for Poch to swap the midfielders around and we looked more solid after that.

I didn’t cop that was what was happening until someone posted it here. It was genius. For England’s golden boy, Harry knows how to be a bit sneaky.

Can’t read or post during these type of games!

It was almost like a European game, Chelsea didn’t need to over commit as 1-0 isn’t the end of the world. I thought Rudiger played Kane better than most, aided by the refs reluctance to call fouls. I’m convinced Kane went down ‘injured’ to break up play.
Thought defence were excellent, Trippier won some key back post headers and calmly passed back a couple of times too. Rose excellent defensively perhaps a little over eager with his final pass. Sanchez best game for a while and rescued us when Gazza spilled (who was otherwise solid)
Sissoko and Winks did well defensively and I don’t remember Alli winning the ball as often. Son and Eriksen didn’t see much of the ball and as with Kane things didn’t quite come off, Son was bullied a little and they never really pushed out in the second half.

A mature performance.

I don’t think Poch did to be honest. They just suffocated us. If Poch planned to play like that, he’d have found some way to get Son and Eriksen into the game more.

If that was unplanned the boys did a hell of a job adapting, for a side that generally is most comfortable with large percentages of possession, we didn't panic being on the back foot.

Either way, as a few others have said, old Spurs would have collapsed under that pressure.

Bench was pretty bare tonight, we need a few players back soon.

Back