• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official OMT* - The day before a cup semi vs Chelsea and no OMT?

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What a save - not even mentioned.
That clam Smith says Gazza was lucky, yet last night Ruddy’s was save of the millennium.

We've been wary of them... tried to hit longer passes for the first quarter, get Son vs Christensen. Haven't done it so much in second quarter.

They are massively up for it and doing everything they can, but we've mostly kept them at distance.

Bloody hell that was close. But we have the lead and can only get better in the second half.

I’m watching the feed with Leon Osman commentating whatever channel that is, and I know I go on about it, but bloody hell... the TV direction - so many close ups, three in a row sometimes, whilst the game is on.

So many replays... argh... it’s so frustrating to watch. So many shots of the managers.

Just show the damn game.

We don't like the high press. It is our Achilles heel and they know it. I think going into the channels for Son a few times might be the ticket.

We don't like the high press. It is our Achilles heel and they know it. I think going into the channels for Son a few times might be the ticket.

Are they pressing though? Looks to me like their playing a high attacking line, but we’re inviting it. But I don’t see them pressing, just holding their positions

Agree with those who say we should play more longer passes, that's how we got the penalty and Son almost got in that way early on. We've been quite cagey, but we're playing ok. I don't think they will over commit while it's only 1-0, but if we get the 2nd then maybe they will push more for the away goal and we can get more chances to counter.

Lucky to be ahead. They’ve controlled the game much better than us. If the pattern of te game continues like this, id take 1-0 now.

Hopefully Poch has something up his sleeve.

First chance I've had to comment tonight, so time for my usual bitch about the ref.

Since he was forced by VAR to give us the penalty he's given everything their way. 2 or 3 tackles that should have been bookings ignored, one of ours booked the second he had half a chance.

As always with this ref, this game is far too big for him, he can't cope with the big matches.

Tight half, two good teams canceling each other out. If we can defend well enough there should be space in behind.

I think we’ve played around the press pretty well mostly.

Famous last words, but Hazard and Barkley aren’t exactly putting themselves out to close down. Bit tougher when 3 or 4 press though.

Agree with those who say we should play more longer passes, that's how we got the penalty and Son almost got in that way early on. We've been quite cagey, but we're playing ok. I don't think they will over commit while it's only 1-0, but if we get the 2nd then maybe they will push more for the away goal and we can get more chances to counter.

No away goal rule mate

Back