• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OFFICIAL OMT Crystal Palace V Spurs FA CUP**

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Disagree - our defence is under more strain than in previous seasons. We can't even park the bus on occasions when our forwards are misfiring or injured like now, because we simply don't have the physical and defensive presence in CM to keep attacks at bay like we used to

We don’t know individual cases of who would/wouldn’t come or who we could/couldn’t afford.
We lost today because we correctly prioritised our targets as any manager worth his salt would do.

It really a sad day when the Club and a lot of fans are not too bothered we go out of the FA Cup
We will be more bothered when it moves up the priorities list, which it will.

Gotta stick with the program.

If anyone doesn't want to get with the program, tell me it's going sh.it and being a Spurs fan atm is a sad existence?

We don’t know individual cases of who would/wouldn’t come or who we could/couldn’t afford.
We lost today because we correctly prioritised our targets as any manager worth salt would do.

We lost today because we are brick once two or three are missing AND we don't have a CM that can protect the defence well enough so we can win games by parking the bus if necessary. Which is what was predictable after sitting on our hands in the summer.
Oh and losing can be a habit so top 4 is not guaranteed...

Last season I really wanted a cup, felt like I would have taken one above Champions League qualification. That semi final defeat to United was painful. This season I don't feel the same. Poch has had so much to deal with, I am tuning into his and the club's long term strategy more I think. Still like a cup though.

Better to get knocked out now than by City away in the quarters. Notice how we never get home draws anymore. Something to do with Wembley I reckon.

I think we have to keep 8n m8 d that today we played 3 players in their teens, 1 just put his teens, 2 players just back from injury, a has been striker and player most of us forgot we had.
And most played because we had too, not because we wanted them to.

I'm not going to go over this cups or CL argument again. It is done every year, twice, and my own opinion hasn't changed. It is not all about money it is about trophies IMO. That is last I'm going to say on it.
It's simple.

It's all about money.

When you've got the money....then it's all about trophies.

How do you know this?
You don’t what we could or couldn’t do this summer.

We need top 4!
We do NOT need the FA cup. Just focus on this.
We all in an ideal world would love the lot......we not at that level .......YET!

We needed reinforcements in CM; we didn't get any...proof in the pudding and now we are seeing the results - and no i don't just mean today.
We are not in a position to say "we do not need an FA Cup", we're not at Liverpool or City's levels right now so we cannot have such a sniffy attitude; hell, winning the FA Cup would be easier than winning the CL....we have been beaten fairly easily by Crystal Palace, can you imagine what Watford will do to us, let alone Dortmund:eek:

I'd have liked something this season, but with the way the season has gone (especially the last two weeks) we should all just be hoping to crawl over the finish line in the top four. I know it's anti-climactic, no one wants the season to be pointless but we have been hamstrung from the beginning. Liverpool wouldn't be sat at the top with their front three missing, nor I doubt would City have the points they do.

Against Tranmere, I had no problem with Kane playing and I wanted to go all the way in the FA Cup. Now we have had most of our attacking threat removed and will have to manage a good 2 months without them. Our perspective must shift to just surviving.

We needed reinforcements in CM; we didn't get any...proof in the pudding and now we are seeing the results - and no i don't just mean today.
We are not in a position to say "we do not need an FA Cup", we're not at Liverpool or City's levels right now so we cannot have such a sniffy attitude; hell, winning the FA Cup would be easier than winning the CL....we have been beaten fairly easily by Crystal Palace, can you imagine what Watford will do to us, let alone Dortmund:eek:

There is little point in taking this further.
Sniffy attitude? Prioritising is not being “sniffy” it’s making a calculated choice of action!
Example: You can play Eriksen against Palace or Watford because he needs a rest?

There is little point in taking this further.
Sniffy attitude? Prioritising is not being “sniffy” it’s making a calculated choice of action!
Example: You can play Eriksen against Palace or Watford because he needs a rest?

Yes, saying "we do not need the FA Cup" is being sniffy...seeing as top 4 is actually not guaranteed should we prioritise league games not play the likes of Eriksen etc vs Dortmund in case they get injured/need a rest?

Yes, saying "we do not need the FA Cup" is being sniffy...seeing as top 4 is actually not guaranteed should we prioritise league games not play the likes of Eriksen etc vs Dortmund in case they get injured/need a rest?

Yes.

The most important thing is qualifying for the CL next season.

I didn't really watch the chelsea game, and only saw a re-run of this one this evening. I'm quite gald we are out of both to be honest. The chelsea one hurt a bit, as it would have been nice to be in a final, but we can now give everything to the PL and CL.

I don't think any side would cope with as many injuries to key players without some effect on results. We've done well without Dier, Lamela, Moura, Son, Verts, Rose, Dembele, Wanyama, Sissoko though parts of the season. Copped really well. But missing Eriksen, Kane, Alli without other attacking players in the groove, was a big ask. Now we can re-focus and go again until May.

Back