• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official No game this weekend OMT

They've only conceded 6 more goals than us and have just improved their defence, even if they greatly overpaid for him.

I'm also confused what you mean about did you see our performances against Liverpool last year? They smashed us 2-0 away at Anfield and we just about got away with a draw at home. Season before that, 2 draws. Season before that, 2 losses.

So in what, 7 games? Poch has got 1 win, 3 draws and 3 losses. We've picked up 6 points from 21. The last thing I would do is bet on a Spurs result at Anfield.

Yeah but he hates Liverpool so you'll do well to get any sense from Galeforce when it comes to that topic.

They've only conceded 6 more goals than us and have just improved their defence, even if they greatly overpaid for him.

I'm also confused what you mean about did you see our performances against Liverpool last year? They smashed us 2-0 away at Anfield and we just about got away with a draw at home. Season before that, 2 draws. Season before that, 2 losses.

So in what, 7 games? Poch has got 1 win, 3 draws and 3 losses. We've picked up 6 points from 21. The last thing I would do is bet on a Spurs result at Anfield.

when I said last year, I meant year, rather than season, they lost 4-1 and left feeling lucky

They've had the same defence and goalkeeper all season and are ahead of us and have just got Van Dijk who is considerably better than anyone else they have. But of course, on the back of that they're all of a sudden going to get much worse and us much better right....

we’ve clearly underperformed, they’ve clearly overperformed

Only team I had hopes of catching is Chelsea out of the current teams above us. Liverpool look strong, and manure will just keep winning no matter how bad they are. But Chelsea are still 5 points ahead of us after this game

Honestly left scratching my head at the decision to particularly take Son off. Yes he wasn't involved, but we just didnt get the ball to him. For me the biggest culprit was Dele who really needs to start passing earlier. Wanting too many touches and often dictating play in such a way that he can get on the end of the move. Very frustrating performance. Really lacked control today, think we could have benefitted earlier from having Wanyama on earlier too.

All is not lost but its looking increasingly difficult with results like this and West Ham.

Very fair, but if you're criticizing Sissoko for being bad *in this game*, then you surely have to acknowledge that he wasn't even in the top three worst players out there *today*. He isn't the reason we threw points away - at least, not the primary reason.

Sissoko played one of his best matches for Tottenham today. Still he managed to block friendly shot, block friendly pass to throw in, put a tap in wide and when he has the ball in advanced areas, he has to pass it sideways, because he himself has no end product. When we break, Sissoko jogs. He knows that if he gets the ball infront of the goal, he will put it wide or at the goalie if not plainly miscontrol the touch.

Alli had a poor game - bottom of his standard.
Sissoko had a poor game - top end of his standard.

Sissoko played one of his best matches for Tottenham today. Still he managed to block friendly shot, block friendly pass to throw in, put a tap in wide and when he has the ball in advanced areas, he has to pass it sideways, because he himself has no end product. When we break, Sissoko jogs. He knows that if he gets the ball infront of the goal, he will put it wide or at the goalie if not plainly miscontrol the touch.

Alli had a poor game - bottom of his standard.
Sissoko had a poor game - top end of his standard.

Sissoko just plays his game so I’m not too disapointed because we all know he’s crap (more unhappy with poch playing him rather than anything else, or levy actually buying him)
But in alli’s case it’s different, he tries too hard to play a game which he is not capable of doing (taking 2-3 players on and trying to dictate games)

I completely disagree with Poch's decision to start Sissoko instead of Lamela but Lamela has hardly pulled up any trees since he came back. Son has been our 2nd best player for well over a season now and should not be subbed for Lamela whilst he's in such good goalscoring form.

Absolutely agree. With our need for a goal, why oh why did Poch take off our in-form goalscorer? You should never EVER take Son off when we are in need of a goal. He can pull something out of nothing as he has on several occasions already this season. It would almost be as cardinal a sin as taking Kane off in similar circumstances.

This one is on Poch. He picked the wrong team and demonstrated yet again that his in-game reading of a game is poor - as demonstrated by his diabolical and late again substitutions. It just shows how much we missed Eriksen's creativity and not signing Barkley could well come back to haunt us. We desperately need creativity in the team when Eriksen is not there. Please, please buy someone that can play there.

Also, please can we ban mid winter breaks in the sun from now on. After last season's, immediately afterwards, we drew 0-0 with relegation candidates Sunderland, and now we have drawn with another bottom three side after sunning ourselves in the sun. We started slowly and never settled into our game. We were second best pretty much all over the pitch and I can't really think of one Spurs player that played well today.

A bad day at the office for all concerned.

we’ve clearly underperformed, they’ve clearly overperformed
Sorry but Liverpool haven’t overperformed they’ve got a great attack and as a result haven’t been put under much pressure in defence even though theirs isn’t the strongest hence why they haven’t conceded many more than us.....

I'd also like Poch to get Wanyama in our starting XI as soon as possible. He is one of the midfielders who likes to spread the play, pass it forwards and do so reasonably quickly.

Lloris and Eriksen had the flu and the comentators talking about more players feeling ill. Then playing at a terrible pitch in bad wether.
You guys laugh about arsenal-tv but alot of you are the same..

Spot on! Top post!

Lloris and Eriksen had the flu and the comentators talking about more players feeling ill. Then playing at a terrible pitch in bad wether.

Anyone ill shouldn't have started. Poch and the medical team are supposed to know these things.

No more Barcelona trips for these snowflakes please.

The commentators speculated that maybe more were ill because of our under par performance they didn’t say anyone else was ill....

PS it was lucky we scored from a corner today - at last! It shows what you can do when you get it over the first defender and someone actually take a run at the ball rather than just bob up and down in the six yard box. It really is that simple.

Anyone ill shouldn't have started. Poch and the medical team are supposed to know these things.

No more Barcelona trips for these snowflakes please.

I doubt going abroad is to blame for their flu, there is huge illness here in the UK and these lads are closer than your usual work place

Very fair, but if you're criticizing Sissoko for being bad *in this game*, then you surely have to acknowledge that he wasn't even in the top three worst players out there *today*. He isn't the reason we threw points away - at least, not the primary reason.

I'd actually argue he was in the top three worst today, even though he had a 10 minute spell, but I see your point. Alli had a mare, nothing came off for him. I see Dembele get a lot of criticism, but at least he got past his man a few times, and chased opponents down and won the ball back a few times.

For whatever reason, we didn't click today, and of course I don't blame that on Sissoko's performance, but seeing as Eriksen was out, I think we would've stood a better chance in this match had Lamela started instead of Sissoko. I pretty much think we stand a better chance of winning any time Lamela starts ahead of Sissoko though, simply for the footballing ability and effort you get in return, but I guess that's pretty obvious.

Back