• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official Match Thread* Tottenham Hotspur vs Norwich

Not too hapy with that team. Still no creativity in central midfield. At least we have Dembele and Huddlestone on the bench this time if we need something different later on in the game. One of them really shoudl have started though.
Would also have liked to see Adebayor starting ahead of Defoe.

Considering that you do not know the fitness or preparedness of either of them to start, its a bit premature to be calling it a pathetic decision.

Unless I'm mistaken, Adebayor was hardly shining when he came on last week.

I think we'd all like it if both of them were starting but the manager sees them and the team every day in training. Let's give the match a few minutes first before we start criticising?

Shame many fans did not show Harry the same respect but there we go. But I agree with you, Dembele would have been a major surprise to start so cannot say I am surprised by that, and nor should we be. Ade may be an issue of fitness, or AVB may think Defoe is the better option (!)

Dembele was instrumental in tearing norwich a new hole a few weeks ago, tactics or not, he knows what is required to rattle norwich.

Theres no excuse for him not to be in the team

Dembele was instrumental in tearing norwich a new hole a few weeks ago, tactics or not, he knows what is required to rattle norwich.

Team chemistry, perhaps? Inadequate training time with the rest of the team, perhaps? Reluctance to start under pressure, perhaps?

I did read/hear some journo this week saying AVB does not like to introduce players without week or so training? I'm just concerned we don't look creative enough, but maybe AVB's system with render that less significant (though I doubt it).

I think the whole getting used to team mates thing is hugely exagerated, any quality player should be able to give a decent enough performance without knowing his team mates inside out.

We started with Livermore and Defoe in that 2-1 defeat last year. Granted Livermore played Defoe through with a delightful pass but still. Also Holt will give Vertonghen a "welcome to the Premier League" type game today

There's more than enough quality in our team to beat Norwich, we just need to match them in effort and not get complacent.

Considering that you do not know the fitness or preparedness of either of them to start, its a bit premature to be calling it a pathetic decision.

Unless I'm mistaken, Adebayor was hardly shining when he came on last week.

I think we'd all like it if both of them were starting but the manager sees them and the team every day in training. Let's give the match a few minutes first before we start criticising?

Personally,I'd play my best team. With the players we have - that is not it.

it was obvious that there wouldnt be changes today. it would send out entirely the wrong message. whatever you think about the merits of the selection AVBs hands were largely tied today. Like it or lump it.

Defoe has been playing ok, signed a new contract - he has to at least be seen to be being given a chance, cos next time he gets dropped dits for the long haul.

Defoe was poor last game, needs to step it up considerably to justify a regular spot. Passing to those around him now and again rather than shooting at every single opporunity might help.

it was obvious that there wouldnt be changes today. it would send out entirely the wrong message. whatever you think about the merits of the selection AVBs hands were largely tied today. Like it or lump it.

Defoe has been playing ok, signed a new contract - he has to at least be seen to be being given a chance, cos next time he gets dropped dits for the long haul.

Making changes having won 1 point from 2 games is the wrong message!!!!!

Last season Ade came in an scored on his debut. He'd been here the same amount of time as he has so far this season, only then it was a totally new environment. Carroll was signed for West Ham yesterday, and today was magnificent and the focal point for West Ham.

Making changes having won 1 point from 2 games is the wrong message!!!!!

Last season Ade came in an scored on his debut. He'd been here the same amount of time as he has so far this season, only then it was a totally new environment. Carroll was signed for West Ham yesterday, and today was magnificent and the focal point for West Ham.

OK so he starts Dembele and Ade. Were losing and looking brick. Where does he go from there? Who comes on? Where is his plan b or game changing possibilities?

EDIT: Plus it was a brand new system with long term personel missing/heading for the exit door. Its tough at the moment.

Who knows Ade may have a niggle of some kind. But on other hand have people forgot just how often AVB made decisions no one could understand last year? People unfairly slated Harry for all sorts, despite his results, so we are going to have to suck up and accept AVB doing whatever he wants. At the end of the day the results will be the ultimate judge.

Back