• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Holtby

Re: *Official* Holtby to join in January - pg 25

noticed he was very communicative on the pitch, clapping encouragement and giving "low-fives" as he passed players.
i love his cushioned first touch lay off - surprised even our own players at times. and seems to have a good sense of adventure plus a good drive on him.
so happy we got him and in Jan too, feels like a needed shot in the arm as we head towards closing off the season.

When we won a corner he went to low five Bale, and Bale nearly mugged him off! Was quite funny!

When we won a corner he went to low five Bale, and Bale nearly mugged him off! Was quite funny!

I spotted that too.

I know VDV's celebrations are legendary, but seeing this guy celebrate a goal by somebody else, what is he going to be like when he bags a goal himself.
Hopefully we will find out Saturday dinnertime [-o<

I spotted that too.

I know VDV's celebrations are legendary, but seeing this guy celebrate a goal by somebody else, what is he going to be like when he bags a goal himself.
Hopefully we will find out Saturday dinnertime [-o<

I have a man crush on him already, but im with you. He's going to go mental!

Jesus, ok.... He's played a few mins for us and you lot (because I want fudge all to do with this) already have him as some kind of footballing genius. I'm reading more and more regular comparisons to VDV now too. I mean, really ? Wtf is it with you all ?

It's cringeworthy, retarded and quite frankly pretty deluded.

Most of us have seen something we like in his brief time with Spurs and we're commenting on it, if you haven't liked what you've seen then it would be interesting to hear your viewpoints on the subject, or you could just have a pop at everyone and say something controversial for the hell of it if that's what you want to do.

Jesus, ok.... He's played a few mins for us and you lot (because I want fudge all to do with this) already have him as some kind of footballing genius. I'm reading more and more regular comparisons to VDV now too. I mean, really ? Wtf is it with you all ?

Wow, yeah, football fans excited by new signing who has started brightly.

Also worth mentioning that he's broken into the German national side at 22. That alone is reason enough to be excited about a player in my book.

Maybe comparing him to VDV already is a little ott. However, it's hard not to get excited bout this lad. In his two appearances it is quite clear we may have a very special player on our hands and he is only 22 years old. You can allow yourself to get excited!

Comparisons to VDV. Yes. They are the same type of player, the style of play bears a similarity.

And quite a number of the references of him are about his celebrations. Holtby needs to work on his, but can you not see that his celebrations could reach those of Vdv proportions?

Last edited:

Just out of curiosity, do you ever watch games/leagues other than for Spurs?

I think i love you

'I have been living my dream' - Holtby revels in Tottenham move
After having his move to White Hart Lane brought forward to January, the former Schalke star has praised the welcome he has received from his new team-mates and Spurs' fans

4 Feb 2013 18:46:00
By Rhys Turrell
MORE ON : FC Schalke 04, Tottenham,

Tottenham midfielder Lewis Holtby says he is in dreamland following his January transfer to White Hart Lane from Bundesliga

The German Under-21 captain had originally agreed to join the north London side in the summer on a Bosman, however a season-ending injury to influential midfielder Sandro prompted a January arrival.

And Holtby says that despite the quick change in his career, he has been able to appreciate the “dream” he is currently living.

“I have been living my dream for the past few days,” he wrote in his blog, published on fussball.de. "I am playing at an absolute top club in the Premier League.

"The day the transfer went through, I left for London with just a small suitcase and a few hours later, I was already on the Tottenham training ground, getting the traditional kick up the backside from my new team-mates by means of welcoming me.

"That's the way things are here in London - hard but hearty."

After two promising appearances off the substitutes’ bench in a 1-1 draw at Norwich, and the 1-0 win at West Brom on Sunday, Holtby says he is relishing the tough-tackling nature of Premier League football.

"The game is brutally hard, but that suits me and I really love it," he added.

"I realised immediately that the speed and the toughness really is different here to the Bundesliga. It's no place for the faint-hearted and the referees don't blow the whistle as often.”

Holtby reserved special praise for the travelling Tottenham support following an "incredible" reaction to his arrival during the 1-0 victory at West Brom on Sunday.

“I loved my second game for Spurs, in which a dream goal from Gareth Bale meant I could celebrate my first win," the 22-year-old continued.

"I will never forget this game against West Brom. The fans sang a song for me for almost all of the second half. It was incredible and I really had goosebumps. I had never expected such support so soon.

"I've just been in England a week and they already have a song for me, who would have thought it?"

what is this song that keeps getting mentioned?

i don't know what they sing for Suarez :lol:

Back