• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

that is the point - they by and large are not good films

i think even the comic book fans would tell you that but the excitement levels are still there in hope.

Thing with comic book films are, they're rarely edgy and gritty, even when some of the comics are. Bale nailed it with Batman, but I think it's one of the easiest to do considering he isnt actually a super hero.

Isn't Flash or something similar coming out? I mean I can tell already that is going to be a disaster, the base isnt there. I am excited for Justice league though, if done right it can be one of the best films of the year and will better Avengers, but it's a BIG ask and I can see it flopping personally.

i think even the comic book fans would tell you that but the excitement levels are still there in hope.

Thing with comic book films are, they're rarely edgy and gritty, even when some of the comics are. Bale nailed it with Batman, but I think it's one of the easiest to do considering he isnt actually a super hero.

Isn't Flash or something similar coming out? I mean I can tell already that is going to be a disaster, the base isnt there. I am excited for Justice league though, if done right it can be one of the best films of the year and will better Avengers, but it's a BIG ask and I can see it flopping personally.

I think Superman ruins the Justice league movie. As he could always just do everything on his own.

that is the point - they by and large are not good films

I think most of them are a massive crock of brick. The pattern that emerges for me is that more often than not the DC comic films are actually stimulating to watch whereas the Marvel just seem like whatever falls off the big budget production line.

you're not wrong.

Unless every villain knows about kryptonite. At which point Superman becomes useless.

Ignoring the fact that he shoots LAZER beams from his eyes and could just destroy it from 50 feet. I generally hate superman films.

Most films are by and large not good films though.

Why separate out comic book movies?

well the gist of the initial post was that i don't understand why comic book superhero movies get such hype from men, knowing that they are by and large rubbish movies aimed at children/teenagers with no attention span.

It will be a shame if Batman and Superman are on the same side, I guess if its a prelude to the justice league then they will be. I've not given up hope that they are enemies like they often are in the comics. Its like being a kid all over again with Marvel and DC making these movies, but I get to go to the cinema with my two nephews, even my niece has started coming.

Wolverine next..

:-k

well the gist of the initial post was that i don't understand why comic book superhero movies get such hype from men, knowing that they are by and large rubbish movies aimed at children/teenagers with no attention span.

Because the men that have read the comic can see the potential contained within it?

Quite a number of the 'failed' comic book movies had the potential to be so much more, just the choices they made did not come to realise it. Like a good book they make into a brick film. It happens all the time.

Never read a book, and thought 'this is awesome', and then watched the film and ended up disappointed?

well i guess my problem is also why do movies about superheros appeal to so many in the first place - a bit of harsh opinion maybe but grown men excited to see characters like Wolverine and Superman or whatever in itself is something i find quite odd - liken it to how many view those who like Wrestling beyond a certain age. the comics i can understand, just the movies i don't get

well i guess my problem is also why do movies about superheros appeal to so many in the first place - a bit of harsh opinion maybe but grown men excited to see characters like Wolverine and Superman or whatever in itself is something i find quite odd - liken it to how many view those who like Wrestling beyond a certain age. the comics i can understand, just the movies i don't get

Do you think it's ok for grown men to get excited about James Bond, or Die hard, or any action film?

Comic book films are basically action films.

I don't care really, each to his own about whatever gets him or her excited. My girlfriend thinks it's odd seeing grown men excited about watching a ball being kicked around. Life takes all sorts.

Last edited:
Watched Dredd tonight after seeing the comic book debate on here, pretty fudging awesome. Wish I'd seen it in the cinema

Great film, one of the best action films ive seen in recent years. unfortunately everyone only realised after its box office release. Already stated a sequel won't be made as they don't reckon they'll make enough out of it

Darkseid and Doomsday make the rest of the characters irrelevant though. You get the opposite issue.

Batman sorted Darkseid out in Final Crisis but I do agree... There must be a middle ground? One of the Crisis stories can be watered down for film maybe?

Back