• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Batman and Superman will unite on-screen for the first time in a Man of Steel sequel.

Warner Bros and DC Comics are planning to follow on from the success of this summer's Superman reboot with a team-up movie due in 2015

According to the Los Angeles Times, Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Clark Kent with a new actor likely replacing Christian Bale as Batman.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder and screenwriter David S Goyer - who worked across The Dark Knight trilogy - will oversee the project with Christopher Nolan potentially taking on a producer role.

Plans for upcoming Warner Bros/DC Comics movies will reportedly be unveiled at San Diego Comic-Con this weekend. A Flash movie has been tentatively scheduled to appear in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017

Warner Bros previously attempted to launch a Batman vs Superman film in the early '00s with Wolfgang Petersen directing a script by Andrew
Kevin Walker (Seven).

Man of Steel, currently still showing in cinemas, has grossed more than $620 million in worldwide ticket sales.

The Batman and Superman movie franchise's have earned Warner Bros more than $5 billion in box office revenue since the release of Superman: The Movie in 1978

As much as it would be a complete mark out moment for me seeing both Superman and Batman on screen, It just wouldn't be right seeing someone else as Batman!

What did you think of them and what would you reccomend?

The World's End has a lot of similarities to Shaun of the Dead. Replace Zombies with the villains of this piece and that's half of it. The film isn't as funny as I thought it would be but never the less, it was entertaining. I'd say it would place third in my ranking of the trilogy, with SotD coming in first.

This is the End is a very fun but nonsensical film, made by a group of movie pals who obviously had fun making the film and in sending themselves up. If you like penis jokes; you will likely enjoy this film.

Finally, World War Z is a weird one; lots of plot holes and could have been so different. A main leader, fighting for the survival of the World when it would appear that he's less bothered by this fight than he should be. Stupidity abound and the film falls from being a zombie film with a difference, to being just like the rest of them as the film goes on.

Overall, 3 films which could each be better; This is the End is the funniest, whilst the other 2 are both worth a first watch, not sure about watching them again though,

As much as it would be a complete mark out moment for me seeing both Superman and Batman on screen, It just wouldn't be right seeing someone else as Batman!

Bale had his critics as Batman. It wouldn't work anyway as that Batman universe was supposed to be more realistic, which wouldn't work with an alien from Krypton.

Bale had his critics as Batman. It wouldn't work anyway as that Batman universe was supposed to be more realistic, which wouldn't work with an alien from Krypton.

i heard that is how they're going to explain it. They're using a Batman from a different universe or time period or something along those lines, I couldn't remember specifically.

I can imagine that Batman will simply be a cameo role, albeit slightly extended, due to the film being a Superman movie in essence still.

I think the film will be the prelude to the Justice League but will allow us to see both Superman and Batman together on the big screen.

Hopefully they deck him out a bit more like this:

150px-NealAdamsBatman.jpg

At least make him visually different from the black Bale & Keaton versions.

Watched a fascinating documentary last night titled "A Band Called Death".

Without giving away too many spoilers, it's about 3 black brothers from Detroit who formed a punk band in their house back in the early 70's, a few years before the likes of the Ramones, Sex Pistols etc formed. They only ever recorded one single back then, but their master tapes were recently found and the full-length album has now been released to critical acclaim. There's a great family aspect to the story as well as the music. Well worth checking out if you can find it.

It will be a shame if Batman and Superman are on the same side, I guess if its a prelude to the justice league then they will be. I've not given up hope that they are enemies like they often are in the comics. Its like being a kid all over again with Marvel and DC making these movies, but I get to go to the cinema with my two nephews, even my niece has started coming.

Wolverine next..

Timecrimes, 2007 Spanish (?)

er yeah, will have to re watch that one i think :lol:

anyone else seen it?

[h=3]COMIC fans were celebrating last night after being promised Batman would take on Superman in a movie blockbuster.[/h]Zack Snyder — who directed this year’s £200million-grossing Man of Steel — vowed the film would be released in 2015.
He said: “Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off since they are the greatest superheroes in the world.”
Snyder confirmed British star Henry Cavill would return to play Superman.
Fellow Brit Christian Bale played Batman in the Dark Knight trilogy — which earned £1.7billion — but has said he would not don the black outfit again.
Snyder made the announcement to excited crowds at the huge Comic-Con convention in San Diego, US.
He told them: “I wanted to come personally, because I know there’s been a lot of speculation about what we’re doing.”
He gave no hint of how the two heroes could end up on opposite sides.
But he said he had “pored through” the universe of DC Comics which created both characters — and added: “I came across a thing that might sum it up.”
He invited Man of Steel actor Harry Lennix on stage to read an extract from Frank Miller’s graphic novel The Dark Knight Returns which sees the two superheroes — a.k.a. Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne — locked in bitter conflict.
He read the quotes: “I want you to remember, Clark. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.”
He then unveiled the famous Superman badge with the wings of the Batman symbol behind.
:p
Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...perman-in-same-blockbuster.html#ixzz2Zumc1OPw

[fanboy]

No idea why they would go the Batman vs. Superman route, considering they are allies and that line from The Dark Knight Returns is from a non-canon story set when Batman is in his 60's and Superman is an agent of the U.S Government....

[/fanboy]

[fanboy]

No idea why they would go the Batman vs. Superman route, considering they are allies and that line from The Dark Knight Returns is from a non-canon story set when Batman is in his 60's and Superman is an agent of the U.S Government....

[/fanboy]

Because it would be awesome.

I can't believe how many grown men are obsessed with comic book superhero movies

Don't know about obsessed.. going back to childhood... yeah. On a personal level when I take my Nephews it makes me feel like a big kid again. Not forgetting I also enjoy where film has taken us the past 25 years.

Back