• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Ok I have recorded Prometheus

Any good? I know all you ladies were jizzing over the prospect and then watched it and was meh - but need conclusive opinions on whether to waste two hours of my life?

I hate sci fi brick by the way

Any good? I know all you ladies were jizzing over the prospect and then watched it and was meh - but need conclusive opinions on whether to waste two hours of my life?

I think the answer depends on what you consider to be sci fi brick

You probably might be advised to steer clear if Sci-fi isnt your bag. It is assumed to be a prequel to Alien. If you didnt like Alien too much then I would not bother tbh

You probably might be advised to steer clear if Sci-fi isnt your bag. It is assumed to be a prequel to Alien. If you didnt like Alien too much then I would not bother tbh

I dont remember Alien too much except the alien coming out of the guys belly.

Aliens was the best of the quadrilogy, I dont know if saw that one, but if you did and it wasnt your thing, I'm sure you wont enjoy Prometheus

Ok I wont watch it.

Ill watch skyfall or DKR which both also look brick.

I am so fed up of movies nowadays. Theyre all brick

I caught the midnight screening at Waterloo IMAX last night and thought it was an enjoyable popcorn flick. A bit too melodramatic in places for my tastes (typical of Abrams and Lindelof!) and I'm still not convinced about Pegg playing Scotty but Cumerbatch was a menacing villain and seeing the Enterprise in full glorious IMAX made the trip to London to see it on Britain' biggest screen worthwhile :cool:

7/10

Watched The Social Network again. That's got to be one of the best films of the last 10 years.

Good movie, I wasn't convinced about the subject matter but David Fincher made it compulsive viewing - 8/10

Last edited:
Ok I wont watch it.

Both are better than Prometheus for me (and I liked the Alien films). I'm looking forward to both coming on Sky Movies in the next few months

How did you rate them Billy?
Aliens
Alien
Resurrection
Aliens 3
in that order for me

in the order they came out i think, the first is a genuine genre defining classic imv whilst Aliens, although great hasn't aged as well and is surpassed in the sci fi action genre by a few others.

Alien - 9.5/10
Aliens - 8/10
3 & Resurrection - 7/10 (more or less)

probably my favorite set of movies

in the order they came out i think, the first is a genuine genre defining classic imv whilst Aliens, although great hasn't aged as well and is surpassed in the sci fi action genre by a few others.

Alien - 9.5/10
Aliens - 8/10
3 & Resurrection - 7/10 (more or less)

probably my favorite set of movies

Cant disagree with that statement one bit

Ok I wont watch it.

I'd liken Prometheus more to Alien vs Predator than the original movies. Not the greatest film ever made but certainly not the worst ether. It had a lot to live up to and it failed in that regard, but as a stand-alone movie I'd give it 6.5/10

I'd liken Prometheus more to Alien vs Predator than the original movies. Not the greatest film ever made but certainly not the worst ether. It had a lot to live up to and it failed in that regard, but as a stand-alone movie I'd give it 6.5/10

Correct. Just watched it again today between live games. Think I may have been a little harsh on it last year,perhaps I expected too much. 6.5/10 is about right I would say

Decent? DECENT?

Ill show ya fudgein decent - sunderland game next week - you, me - fudgein half time fight mate

Its such a great movie

:) I gather its one of your favourites then. I'll admit it I havent seen it for a while. Us fighting at half-time, at least it would be more interesting than some of the drivel they trundle out sometimes. Although that guy who won the signed shirt after scoring from halfway a few weeks back was quite amusing

Back