• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

As long as Lucas is not involved, how could it go wrong?

220px-Rick_McCallum.jpg

(Mercifully, now retired).

Watched Glengarry Glen Ross earlier on youtube

What a line up (Pacino, Spacey, Alec Baldwin, Ed Harris)

Feels more like a play than a movie

Bit too much swearing and screaming in places, but a good movie

Not overly worried fussed about it being jj abrams more fact Disney got it. Will turn it into some family feel good borderline comedy like pirates of Caribbean.

Heart of Darkness : A Film Makers Apocalypse - is a good follow up watch from Apocalypse Now, surprising the movie ever got made !

AN - is a genuine contender for best movie ever made

Heart of Darkness : A Film Makers Apocalypse - is a good follow up watch from Apocalypse Now, surprising the movie ever got made !

AN - is a genuine contender for best movie ever made
Watched heart of darkness the other day if you like AN this is a must see .

Watched Glengarry Glen Ross earlier on youtube

What a line up (Pacino, Spacey, Alec Baldwin, Ed Harris)

Feels more like a play than a movie

Bit too much swearing and screaming in places, but a good movie

I think it was originally a stage play. One of my favourite movies anyways. Baldwin and Pacino are immense.

Not overly worried fussed about it being jj abrams more fact Disney got it. Will turn it into some family feel good borderline comedy like pirates of Caribbean.

Why?

Disney bought Miramax just before Pulp Fiction was made and I don't remember that being 'Disney-fied'.

Watched Life of Pi and Django recently, two of the best films I've seen for ages.

LOP was surprisingly good.

It all went pear-shaped with RotJ. Bunch of furry muppets beating military trained troops with energy weapons.....

Empire was/is a fantastic film.

Looking back ROTJ was one of the first mainstream "cash in" films, to help it appeal to even younger kids - I was about 6 at the time and preferred it to the others due to the Ewoks.
Fingers crossed they go out of there way to NOT do this and actually go back to a more gritty style.

Looking back ROTJ was one of the first mainstream "cash in" films, to help it appeal to even younger kids - I was about 6 at the time and preferred it to the others due to the Ewoks.
Fingers crossed they go out of there way to NOT do this and actually go back to a more gritty style.

With the success of the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy, Watchmen and other "gritty" comic-book movies, there is actually a chance this may happen.

All depends on who they decide is the target audience for the film. If they want to entertain those of us that grew up watching Star Wars then we'll no doubt see a darker version of Star Wars. If instead, they want the movie to be thought of as a kid's film, and to attract merchandise sales then of course, it will be a kids film all the way and not appealing to the most of the rest of us.

I think it will be slightly darker, looking at the style attached to Star Trek, it could be argued that this will carry across. I would think similar to Avengers but not sure the humour would carry across so well as Star Wars has never been a film for laughs.

Watching Fight Club tonight, has any one seen cable guy? It's a decent film actually, not quite sure why it was so panned in the 90s... I'll go even so far to say it was one of Jim Carrey's best films.

Just found out that every film nominated for an Oscar has a DVD SCR doing the rounds, that's me sorted for a couple of weeks.

Saw Django last night, awesome film and seriously brutal. So savage to think that back in those days they just thought of them as commodities/products that they could just do as they like with. That Mandingo fight was savage, nuts to think that sort of thing went on.

Back