• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched "7 Psychopaths" last night.

8/10

Christopher Walken is (start impersonation) well...you know...fabulous! (end impersonation). Good storyline that doesn't go where you expect. Think "Smoking Aces" meets "In Bruges". Sam Rockwell is very good too.

I saw Seven Psychopaths at a festival over a month ago, loved it, Rockwell is the best actor on the planet IMO.

I watched Seven Psychopaths on Friday, not quite as good as In Bruges imo but Rockwell and Walken were top drawer as always - 7/10

I watched a thousand words with eddie murphy - I have no words to describe how brick the movie was.

I watched young adult too with charlize theron - now I love charlize, she is second in my list of women I want to fudge hard however this was also brick.

Why do I do this to myself - why do I subject myself to horrible bricky movies.

You really must be some kind of movie masochist to sit through any 'comedy' Eddie Murphy has starred in over the past decade!

Looking at his list http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/eddie_murphy/ the last movie of his I watched was Bowfinger, well aside from his voice-over work for Shrek.

Spiritual successor to In Bruges? If it doesn't refer to Tottenham, definitely fudging not. That one line hooked me more than any other when I watched that flick. :)

In Bruges is easily one of my most favourite black comedies, fudge I even ended up in Bruges last year because of it, nice place.

I watched a thousand words with eddie murphy - I have no words to describe how brick the movie was.

I watched young adult too with charlize theron - now I love charlize, she is second in my list of women I want to fudge hard however this was also brick.

Why do I do this to myself - why do I subject myself to horrible bricky movies.

Follow this rule- DO NOT WATCH EDDIE MURPHY FILMS POST NUTTY PROFFESSOR 1

Not going to lie, did think to myself "cor he got to Gotham quick, especially considering he currently has no money" BUT I don't let points like that ruin movies for me. You could honestly find plot holes in nearly every movie if you look hard enough, but that, for me, is missing the point of it all. Which is that it's entertainment made to take you away from reality for a bit, so you can forget about this bricky world for just a short time.

Oh definitely, you'll find mistakes in any film you watch. Just don't see why the last two films needed to be so long. I think a lot of the hype from the 2nd movie especially came from Heath Ledger's death, I know people who had no interest in Batman that went to see The Dark Knight purely because it was one of his last films.

I watched Seven Psychopaths on Friday, not quite as good as In Bruges imo but Rockwell and Walken were top drawer as always - 7/10

You really must be some kind of movie masochist to sit through any 'comedy' Eddie Murphy has starred in over the past decade!

Looking at his list http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/eddie_murphy/ the last movie of his I watched was Bowfinger, well aside from his voice-over work for Shrek.

I do like bricky movies though. Any movie tends to be good when youre high or drunk.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is on - one of my fave christmas movies

Watched Life of Pi tonight - Wow! One of the most visually perfect films that I think I've ever had the pleasure to enjoy :D the ending wasn't so much fun but I can understand why it ended as it did.

Watched Gremlins in the cinema tonight, enjoyable but not as fantastic as I thought it would be. I think I associate going to the cinema with watching a new film and unwrapping the present of a viewing and audial present that the cinema have delivered to me.
Hopefully a magical experience.

To see a film I've seen over & over and knowing exactly what happens isn't half as fun, there are no tense moments, you know the funny parts so hmm enjoyable but not magical.

Anyone seen Lincoln? Looks like it could stand the best chance of winning the oscar, along with Argo and possibly Zero Dark Thirty.

I love the Oscars. I follow it every year and love the build up to it.

Lincoln certainly has the best pedigree and if it all works, is a shoo in.

Another movie called Silver Linings Play Book is getting good reviews and will be up there. Les Miserables is the other one. It will be out of those 5 you'd think.

Maybe Life of Pi in there too.

Life of Pi will definitely be amongst those films nominated, absolutely no doubt in my mind.

Silver Lining Playbook probably won't get nominated, I enjoyed the film but in hindsight I'm not sure that it's worthy of winning the Best Picture Oscar.

Don't forget that can have more than 5 noms. My guess would be those 6 as a minimum. Lincoln or Les Mis will win it tho.

DDL a lock for best actor. Who knows for actress.

I think Jennifer Lawrence will be nominated for Silver Lining Paybook

Suraj Sharma from Life of Pi ought to get a nomination for best actor.

I haven't yet seen any of the others.

Back