• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

brick really?

i thought Van p had run cold recently and i thought defoe had more than 9 goals

hmmmm

van Persie is in the midst of (by his standards) a barren spell...

RvP has scored 1 goal from 26 shots in his last 7 games (all competitions) for ManU, although he scored 6 goals from 23 shots in his previous 7 games.
Defoe has scored 0 goals from 15 shots in his past 7 games for us and 1 goal from 32 shots in the previous 7 games.

In the Premier League so far this season:

Defoe has 10 goals from 103 shots over 28 games.
RvP has 19 goals from 103 shots over 29 games.
Berbatov has 11 goals from 60 shots over 24 games.

Fantastic stats. Help demonstrate how Defoe is in that ability level one down from Berbatov, and at least one from RVP. Shame really when you consider the potential which Defoe showed whilst he first started playing senior football

I actually thought this year was the year he would get 20 league goals. Looked like he'd tinkle it at one point. I know he's always been streaky, but his overall play was improving during the first 4 months of the season.

I think that it would have been interesting to see how Defoe would have done if he had been born 15 or 20 years earlier when the league and formations were better suited to strikers like him.

van Persie is in the midst of (by his standards) a barren spell...

RvP has scored 1 goal from 26 shots in his last 7 games (all competitions) for ManU, although he scored 6 goals from 23 shots in his previous 7 games.
Defoe has scored 0 goals from 15 shots in his past 7 games for us and 1 goal from 32 shots in the previous 7 games.

In the Premier League so far this season:

I think Defoe will always get unfavourable record when it comes to goals-to-shots ratio. This is because of his shot-at-first-sight-of-goal policy even when there are players in front of him.

I think Defoe will always get unfavourable record when it comes to goals-to-shots ratio. This is because of his shot-at-first-sight-of-goal policy even when there are players in front of him.

Well yes, this is why he deserves his goals to shots ratio, because he often shoots when he would be better served not doing so.

It's a view into his bad decision making at times.

I think that it would have been interesting to see how Defoe would have done if he had been born 15 or 20 years earlier when the league and formations were better suited to strikers like him.

no different imo....he is very one dimensional and limited in how he thinks and plays. In another era he would still have taken shots from all over the place even if a teammate was in a better position. Would still have been ineffective in the air due to his size. He would still have had problems in staying onside

no different imo....he is very one dimensional and limited in how he thinks and plays. In another era he would still have taken shots from all over the place even if a teammate was in a better position. Would still have been ineffective in the air due to his size. He would still have had problems in staying onside

But would have had a big number 9 to play off more regularly rather than having to lead the line. I'm not putting him in the same class but think Toshack and Keegan.

Well yes, this is why he deserves his goals to shots ratio, because he often shoots when he would be better served not doing so.

It's a view into his bad decision making at times.
Nothing more infuriating than for a striker whose job it is to fudging score passing up the opportunity to risk a pass to someone supposedly in a better position. Wish there were stats for the number of times THAT leads to a goal, as opposed to chancing a shot.

Nothing more infuriating than for a striker whose job it is to fudging score passing up the opportunity to risk a pass to someone supposedly in a better position. Wish there were stats for the number of times THAT leads to a goal, as opposed to chancing a shot.

Exactly. Nothing more frustrating then a member of the team wasting an opportunity that the team has created.

It's the Strikers job to help the team win over anything else.

ITK Information;

- Defoe has had his kid less than a week ago. He has been fit for a while now but is just elongating his injury to have more time off...
- Tottenham expect him back in training monday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ain-Defoe-father-ex-girlfriends-baby-boy.html

Its not his kid!!!

According to the article above, he had a DNA test done as he was suspicous and it was proven that JD is not the father of this kid.
I feel sorry for the fella because I know a few people close to the geezer and apparently he's been forking out big time on the little thing...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ain-Defoe-father-ex-girlfriends-baby-boy.html

Its not his kid!!!

According to the article above, he had a DNA test done as he was suspicous and it was proven that JD is not the father of this kid.
I feel sorry for the fella because I know a few people close to the geezer and apparently he's been forking out big time on the little thing...

Don't think it is a wise idea for his agent to go public on this. Can see Defoe being taunted on this for years to come.

Back