• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

As bad as our strikers have been we are hardly creating many chances any more for them. Bale isn't passing anytime soon, Lennon is busy covering walkers constant fudge ups, Gylfi's hot and cold.

They are feeding off scraps right now

As bad as our strikers have been we are hardly creating many chances any more for them. Bale isn't passing anytime soon, Lennon is busy covering walkers constant fudge ups, Gylfi's hot and cold.

That is true but teams at the bottom are feeding off scraps too and players like Benteke and Fletcher have double figures for their teams. Rickie Lambert has scored goals playing for a team near the bottom. Even Agbonlahor has more goals than Ade and Craig Gardner has 4 more league goals than him.

Last edited:

That is true but teams at the bottom are feeding off scraps too and players like Benteke and Fletcher have double figures for their teams. Rickie Lambert has scored goals playing for a team near the bottom.

I agree. The strikers are probably missing one golden chance per game between them. That's what makes it difficult for me to see where they are going to score from. It's not like they are missing chance after chance.

Exactly. Give Ade the service he got last year and he will score the goals he scored last season. He showed today with that great run he hasn't lost it and Defoe also tested the goalkeeper when he was passed the ball.

I agree. The strikers are probably missing one golden chance per game between them. That's what makes it difficult for me to see where they are going to score from. It's not like they are missing chance after chance.

I don't watch Villa, Southampton and Sunderland as much as I watch Spurs, but I would think its far to say those teams don't create loads of chances either, but their strikers have all managed to get 10+ league goals. It's not that Adebayor and Defoe are missing 10 chances a game, but the two of them give me don't inspire me with any confidence when they do actually go through on goal. Defoe wasn't getting chance after chance earlier in the season, but he was still burying them when he did get chances. And Adebayor isn't getting close tbh, the two against West Ham actually made me laugh out loud, especially the air kick.

Did we lose today? Did we lose against West Ham?

Sunderland are in the relegation zone precisely because they don't create chances. We have better players therefore our strike ratio is better for the chances created.

How anyone can make a point about other teams after saying they do not watch them is beyond me.

I don't watch Villa, Southampton and Sunderland as much as I watch Spurs, but I would think its far to say those teams don't create loads of chances either, but their strikers have all managed to get 10+ league goals. It's not that Adebayor and Defoe are missing 10 chances a game, but the two of them give me don't inspire me with any confidence when they do actually go through on goal. Defoe wasn't getting chance after chance earlier in the season, but he was still burying them when he did get chances. And Adebayor isn't getting close tbh, the two against West Ham actually made me laugh out loud, especially the air kick.

Im really not sure what the difference is between someone like lambert and ade, well one is foreign with an exotic sounding name. Honestly think if ade was english people would describe like a jason roberts someone who has decent spells in his career but not a great player. Ade is like defoe a streaky player also remember how quickly some players lose it, fowler and our robbie keane. With some players it is not after 30 but even a year or 2 before they turn 30 something just goes in them.

Did we lose today? Did we lose against West Ham?

Sunderland are in the relegation zone precisely because they don't create chances. We have better players therefore our strike ratio is better for the chances created.

How anyone can make a point about other teams after saying they do not watch them is beyond me.

Reading not your strong point is it? I said I don't watch them as often as I watch Tottenham.

We are 3rd right now and have been in a good run of form in 2013 because we have a world class player who is playing out of this world, we are winning in spite of the fact that we have two strikers have have contributed 1 league between them since January 1st, not because of them.

And we are ahead of those teams I mentioned because we have a better group of players, a better manager and Gareth Bale, it ain't because of the world class player of Adebayor and Defoe as you are so keen to keep talking them up despite everyone else on this site and every sensible Spurs fan realising that the two are in a horrendous run of form.

Reading not your strong point is it? I said I don't watch them as often as I watch Tottenham.

We are 3rd right now and have been in a good run of form in 2013 because we have a world class player who is playing out of this world, we are winning in spite of the fact that we have two strikers have have contributed 1 league between them since January 1st, not because of them.

And we are ahead of those teams I mentioned because we have a better group of players, a better manager and Gareth Bale, it ain't because of the world class player of Adebayor and Defoe as you are so keen to keep talking them up despite everyone else on this site and every sensible Spurs fan realising that the two are in a horrendous run of form.

Reading is not exactly your strong point either. How about giving yourself a day off from the Ade bashing? Every thread.

I do not think it is a horrendous run of form, if you look back over their careers they are sticking to their form. Defoe is a patchy striker who gets 10-15 goals a season. Ade is a player who plays well when he wants a big new money contract, from Monaco to getting more money at arsenal, then wham bam wanting more money from the new lottery boys at city. Gets the arse with not playing at city so for a new signing on fee comes to us on loan playing well and gets another signing on fee and new contract.

Our only hope is he fancies another signing on fee some place else and pulls his lazy finger out of his lazy arse and starts playing football to get his new move.

Reading is not exactly your strong point either. How about giving yourself a day off from the Ade bashing? Every thread.

I'll give him credit when he looks interested, plays well, scores goals and turns up for training on time. I won't give him credit for simply being on the pitch when we win like you do.

I do not think it is a horrendous run of form, if you look back over their careers they are sticking to their form. Defoe is a patchy striker who gets 10-15 goals a season. Ade is a player who plays well when he wants a big new money contract, from Monaco to getting more money at arsenal, then wham bam wanting more money from the new lottery boys at city. Gets the arse with not playing at city so for a new signing on fee comes to us on loan playing well and gets another signing on fee and new contract.

Our only hope is he fancies another signing on fee some place else and pulls his lazy finger out of his lazy arse and starts playing football to get his new move.

You are right, but even I know that Adebayor playing unmotivated and disinterested should be getting more than 2 league goals. We know what Defoe is all about by know I agree.

I'll give him credit when he looks interested, plays well, scores goals and turns up for training on time. I won't give him credit for simply being on the pitch when we win like you do.

Well he managed the majority of that today.

To be honest bar the miss and the silly booking i thought he did well today. The ball stuck to him when it went up and he got involved, he chased the ball around as well.

Just looked like he had no confidence when it came to the shot though.

Well he managed the majority of that today.

To be honest bar the miss and the silly booking i thought he did well today. The ball stuck to him when it went up and he got involved, he chased the ball around as well.

Just looked like he had no confidence when it came to the shot though.

He did ok today but he's ultimately judged on whether he sticks the ball in the back of the net or not and how he looks in front of goal, which you even admitted he looked shaky. Bottom line, if he's going to continue to not score, he better play 8 or 9 out of 10 peformances, create chances for others and not pick up silly bookings.

He did ok today but he's ultimately judged on whether he sticks the ball in the back of the net or not and how he looks in front of goal, which you even admitted he looked shaky. Bottom line, if he's going to continue to not score, he better play 8 or 9 out of 10 peformances, create chances for others and not pick up silly bookings.

That is how he SHOULD be judged yes, but currently i am judging him against the other strikers at our club, mostly because we can't get anyone else now.

Your bottom line is pretty much correct and i'm not optimistic. I'm even less optimistic looking at his possible replacement though.

That is how he SHOULD be judged yes, but currently i am judging him against the other strikers at our club, mostly because we can't get anyone else now.

Your bottom line is pretty much correct and i'm not optimistic. I'm even less optimistic looking at his possible replacement though.

Our options are limited, I'm not some Defoe fanboy who can't take it that he can't get a game ahead of Adebayor, the pair of them have both been poor. Maybe give Dempsey a game up top when he comes back?

Knowing the way we do things, it wouldn't shock me if we didn't sign a striker in the summer, but surely eventually the penny has got to drop that we can do better than those two? That's why I'm slightly optimistic we will replace them.

Our options are limited, I'm not some Defoe fanboy who can't take it that he can't get a game ahead of Adebayor, the pair of them have both been poor. Maybe give Dempsey a game up top when he comes back?

Knowing the way we do things, it wouldn't shock me if we didn't sign a striker in the summer, but surely eventually the penny has got to drop that we can do better than those two? That's why I'm slightly optimistic we will replace them.

I know, didn't say you were.. :p

Dempsey up top is a possibility, at least you know he'll work hard.

I would be shocked, two strikers was not ideal to start with. I can't see us getting both defoe and ade off the books though, think we'll keep one and try and sign another two.

Would probably have challenged for the title if we had a decent striker or two this season, though you could say the same about Chelsea really.

Back