• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

Pretty much the same as players like Lineker, Allen etc contributed when they failed to score.

Some of us think that having a player that's invisible for much of the time isn't the best choice. I don't see why that is laughable.

Some of us think that having a player that's invisible for much of the time isn't the best choice. I don't see why that is laughable.

Wouldve love to see the stick Jimmy Greaves wouldve got on here, he done fudge all apart from score goals

Watch a lot of Jimmy Greaves did you to compare him with Defoe?

No but my dad and his pals did and also I can read and there are lots of books and articles on the great striker...

All im saying is that people moan he scores and does nothing else, well what did Lineker, Clive Allen, Greaves, Archibald, Crooks do ???

But as Defoe is more likely to score than any of our other players I would rather he starts. Besides it is total gash to suggest if Defoe does not score he does not contribute to our cause

It is not like we have anybody with a better goals per minutes ratio in our first team at the moment

But as Defoe is more likely to score than any of our other players I would rather he starts. Besides it is total gash to suggest if Defoe does not score he does not contribute to our cause

But I don't think it's gash to suggest that there are other types of strikers that would contribute more overall to the team.

How is that sensible?

If Defoe just stood there and not did anything he would still be contributing. Do you not think the opposition would be wary of him? worried about him? Defending deeper maybe? double marking him? All this affects how an opposition will be playing against us - which has a positive knock on effect on the space the rest of our players have and most probably our performance

He's called Adebayor. Did you miss how he did last season?

Ade also missed way too many chances a last season.

I think if Defoe plays as many league matches as Ade did last season he will score more goals and Tottenham will score more goals than last season.

But ideally I would play Ade and Defoe together

But some of you lot are so set in your ways about Defoe even if he scores 30+ goals this season you will find something to whinge about

Ade also missed way too many chances a last season.

I think if Defoe plays as many league matches as Ade did last season he will score more goals and Tottenham will score more goals than last season.

But ideally I would play Ade and Defoe together

I disagree. The number of goals Ade creates for his teammates is pretty high, be it by direct assists or holding the ball up to set up the counter.

17 goals and 11 assists, that's almost contributing to 30 goals a season directly.

Defoe is one dimensional, he's good at what he does though. Ade is three dimensional, he brings options to the table.

Once both are fit and available I think we'll see more of Adebayor than Defoe, but that's still one for the future.

Once both are fit and available I think we'll see more of Adebayor than Defoe, but that's still one for the future.

The way I see it.

Defoe and Ade will score 35 odd goals this season with the others such as Bale chipping in.

Ade plus Dempsey will score around 20 plus the others chipping in.

I know which one i would rather have.

Back