• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

Holtby - "Roberto Soldado is a fantastic striker. I hope one day I can play behind him and I'm learning Jermain Defoe's runs too."

--

Interesting. I think Holtby and Defoe have a good understanding, but I'd also love to see Holtby behind Soldado!

Swap them both for Bentekkles next year, we won't have to debate over who's better then.

I find it weird Defoe love and soldado hate. Soldados movement and team play is excellent, just needs the goals, which will come clearly. I love Defoe, but people are being so short sighted, Defoe has never scored 20 goals in a season and he never will, he'll always look great against weak opposition but never looks good against great teams and never consistently against anyone. Far too limited. If soldado had been playing in the Europa and league cup he'd have scored more goals too, but of Defoe was playing in the league we wouldn't look anywhere near as good.

Why try and polarise it? There are a couple of people who have been disappointed with Soldado's Premiership contribution so far. That is not hate, and it certainly isn't widespread.

I think that not starting Defoe, who's been on fire in all the games he's lined-up in so far this season, sends a very bad message out to our entire playing squad:

No matter how well you play, you will not get into the starting XI, unless there is an injury or suspension.

I think that not starting Defoe, who's been on fire in all the games he's lined-up in so far this season, sends a very bad message out to our entire playing squad:

No matter how well you play, you will not get into the starting XI, unless there is an injury or suspension.

Er, Defoe has been in the starting eleven a number of times though.

Defoe hasn't started in any of Tottenham's 6 Premier League games so far this season.

That's mainly because Soldado scored 4 goals in his first 3 matches for us. It was a very promising start but since then he has hardly looked like scoring. I think maybe he scored too soon for us, raising too much expectations from him. Not sure if AVB will be brave enough to drop Soldado but just imagine if does, we will then have 2 players worth a total of 56m on the bench. Don't think Levy will be happy.

That's mainly because Soldado scored 4 goals in his first 3 matches for us. It was a very promising start but since then he has hardly looked like scoring. I think maybe he scored too soon for us, raising too much expectations from him. Not sure if AVB will be brave enough to drop Soldado but just imagine if does, we will then have 2 players worth a total of 56m on the bench. Don't think Levy will be happy.

I would hope Levy knows his place and leaves football matters to AVB - we aren't Chelsea / Real Madrid.

Sorry but thats not true, throughout AVBs tenure he has gone with players in the squad who aren't guaranteed first XI players, performed well and remained in the team for a period of time....

Andros Townsend, Michael Dawson and Danny Rose have something to say to you on that score...

Sorry but thats not true, throughout AVBs tenure he has gone with players in the squad who aren't guaranteed first XI players, performed well and remained in the team for a period of time....

I disagree. Sig has kept his place in the team and deservedly so tbh and I'm not a big fan of his. Lamela still can't get a game despite looking good when he's featured.

Not sure if AVB will be brave enough to drop Soldado but just imagine if does, we will then have 2 players worth a total of 56m on the bench. Don't think Levy will be happy.

What they are 'worth' remains to be seen. They have yet to prove their worth.

But just cos we chose to pay that amount for them, doesn't mean they are worth that. Not yet, anyway.

I think we should keep Defoe sharp by playing the cup games, for now, as i think it's important to give a new CF (deemed first choice) a good run of games in the team, if fit.

I think i can see in Soldados game that once he get's going he'll be a great player for us - he might not be scoring but i think his movement and anticipation is several steps above Defoe and the few s****s he has had to work with he usually tests the keeper - i have no doubt as tge forward line beds itself in he'll start banging them in

Back