• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

I’m pretty sure. As you can see from some of my translation, the interview seems to have been made at a cef?® or something (as the interviewer often describes what Benny does in between the questions and answers. Also, many of the questions are completely unrelated to football (they talk a lot about politics) and I’m having a hard time believing that those sort of questions would have been asked in a conference setting.

edit: Plus the fact that Benny himself posted this interview on his Facebook-page.

https://www.facebook.com/BenoitAssouEkottoFoot

just read through it (although via google translate) really there is nothing in it at all, if anything it's a good read, in keeping with what he has always said about football/life

(is there a seperate interview with Football France?)

Tottenham will not be playing the C1, it seems that the team has trouble crossing an additional remedy?
We play a leading role since Redknapp arrived. Can be expected of it too and too fast. As they say "Rome was not built in a day" and I think the more the years pass and we will be more efficient. This year we started the season on top speed but we have struggled to manage certain time low. We start the season at 200% but the problem is that the 80% finished. Next year, for players who are there and if I'm still here, it will be more regular.

Last edited:
Jordi Alba, even Vertonghen is a better LB

Alba's a left winger playing left back and Vertonghen is a CB who can "do a job" at left back. How many times have you seen Vertonghen play? Of those games how many times did he play left back? Why is it Vermaelen has to be moved to left back for Belgium if Vertonghen is so great there?

Jordi Alba, even Vertonghen is a better LB

How often have you seen them play? Week in week out as you do with Benny?

Is it feasible to say that you may find a lot more weaknesses in those supposedly better players if you watch them and scrutinise as closely as Benny?

Translated from the France Football website

Spurs left-back has received the word of the President: if a very large club hat at the door, the possibility of a transfer will be studied. (Photo-Press Sports)

"Benedict, will you change clubs at the end of the season?
Everything is possible. When I met my chairman (Daniel Levy) last January, he told me that if a club bigger than Tottenham came for me, it would not necessarily against a departure. Of course, he added that the transfer would not cost as € 2! But it has not closed the door. You could say he gave me half a good output! You go around in Tottenham since 2006? Yes. I walked around the house.When you know everyone in a club and you will have made ​​your hole, it may be well to give also other objectives, to evolve. For two or three years, tops out at roughly the same area of the ranking (fourth in 2010, fifth in 2011). If there is a change in Tottenham, additional resources, I will not be against the idea of staying.Otherwise, I will try to evolve starting moreover, as I had done from Lens to Tottenham. To go where? Spain, Italy or Germany, whatever. The grass is green everywhere! The idea is to hang a club that regularly participates in the Champions League? Yes. All players want to play this competition. A few months ago, I said I never wanted to participate in the Europa League, because this competition is useless. In France, it has a closed mind in relation to that kind of talk. But until proven otherwise, the clubs are struggling to compete in the Champions League, not the Europa League! If I have to leave Tottenham, is to join a club that makes the C1. With my president, was a gentleman's agreement. As is a man of his word, I hope it will make things easier if this is a great club. "Interview by Vincent Villa

Ive seen more than enough of both of them to know they are better, Vertonghen doesnt just 'do a job' at LB, he is established there for belgium, he doesnt play LB for ajax because daley blind plays there, and him + alderweid aside, their CBs suck...theres a young brazilian called Gabriel Silva who is awesome too

Sppoky is right, it really is blown out of proportions. And I have to retract some of my comments about quotes being made up having read the link posted by papasmurf. I was just baffled to read this thread because I had read that interview with ragemag just a few minutes before and the next webpage I visited was here. Apologies for that, I just hate football-journos ;)

Here’s a translation of what is written on france football:

The Spurs left-back has received a promise from the club-owner: if a very large club comes calling, the possibility of a transfer will be discussed.

?½Beno?«t, will you change club at the end of the season???

Everything is possible. When I met with (Levy) last january he told me that if a bigger club than Tottenham came looking for me he would not necessarily oppose a move. Of course he added that my price wouldn't exactly be at the cost of 2 euros! But he didn’t close the gate. You can say that he gave me a half-good release clause!

You have made quite a journey, at Tottenham, since 2006?

Sure. ?½I’ve been around the house??. When you know everyone at a club and you have left your imprint, it might be wise to seek out challenges at other places. For the last three years we have reached a status quo at roughly the same spot in the league (4th in 2010 and 5th in 2011). If there will be an evolution at Tottenham, (with) additional resources, I won’t be against the idea of staying. If not, I will try to evolve elsewhere, like I did when I moved from Lens to Tottenham.

To go where?

Spain, Italy or Germany, it doesn’t matter. The pitch is green everywhere.

The idea, would it be to get a club participating in the Champions League regularly to become interested?

Yes, every player wants to take part in this competition. A few months ago I said that I would never want to take part of the Europa League again, because that competition serves no use. In France, we have a closed mind to these kind of remarks. But until proven otherwise, the clubs are battling for a place in the CL, not the EL! If I were to quit Tottenham, it would be to play for a club that competes in the CL. I have a gentleman’s agreement with my president (Levy) and since he is a man of his word I hope that will ease things if a big-club opportunity arises.

edit: I also have to add that the interview with France Football seems a bit fishy though, it’s so short and the quotes reminds me of the ones from Ragemag. My knowledge of French media isn’t the best but I assume that there are journalists making a living on copying/rewriting articles over there as well. I’m not saying that is what has happened here, I’m just saying it’s worth a thought.

Last edited:
Ive seen more than enough of both of them to know they are better, Vertonghen doesnt just 'do a job' at LB, he is established there for belgium, he doesnt play LB for ajax because daley blind plays there, and him + alderweid aside, their CBs suck...theres a young brazilian called Gabriel Silva who is awesome too

I don't think Vertonghen would WANT to come to a club as a LB, no matter how good he actually might be there.

i really have to say...i dont think it was vertonghen that played in that man united game...the way people talkj about him you'd think he was as good as ledley king.

i cant believe THAT guy i saw play for ajax that day can be a better left back than bae..for a start i didnt get the impression he was quick, how would he handle constant flying wingers and overlapping full backs with minimal help from bale?

Back