• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - BAE

Re: Ekotto - Official

Ekotto is much better than Rose who's positioning is horrible gonna conceive a lot of goals this season on that flank. Gonna miss you Benny!

Re: Ekotto - UnOfficially gone to QPR

Going into a season with Rose as our only LB will be like going into one with Fraser Campbell as our only foward. Worrying unless we've got something up our sleave in this last 90 mins.

We have Naughton and Vertonghen. If AVB considers Rose 1st choice, or at least good enough unless we can a specific target (ie. Coentrao), there's no rush.

Re: BAE

Vertonghen, Chiriches, Naughton, Fryers.

Vertonghen [yes but a bit of a waste there though - although more chances to get forward], Chiriches [maybe], Naughton [not on previous performances], Fryers [not enough evidence yet].

Not convinced by Fryers yet and no idea about Chiriches. So on the face of it a strange decision- Hope AVB knows what he is doing. Bloody hell have we turned over some players in the last few years.

Ekotto and Corluka out, Rose and Walker in? Jesus......

What an obscenely poor decision this is, from both the club and player.

Ekotto and Corluka out, Rose and Walker in? Jesus......

What an obscenely poor decision this is, from both the club and player.

Really? Seems a pretty obvious move. We've gone from defensive full backs to attacking ones.

We have Naughton and Vertonghen. If AVB considers Rose 1st choice, or at least good enough unless we can a specific target (ie. Coentrao), there's no rush.

I wouldnt mind seeing how Dembele would perform at left back. He's left footed, can tackle and likes nothing better than running up and down all day.

Crikey, remember Fryers and Livermore and Stewart against Monaco in pre-season. Seems a loooong time ago!

I wouldnt mind seeing how Dembele would perform at left back. He's left footed, can tackle and likes nothing better than running up and down all day.

He can't cross though, and likely doesn't have the positioning.

Rose and Naughton wouldnt get into any of last season's top four at LB.
We cant expect to finish top four without top four quality players in such key positions.
Come on Daniel - do a last minute classic.

Really? Seems a pretty obvious move. We've gone from defensive full backs to attacking ones.

Ekotto is an attacking full back too. I think AVB just does not fancy him. Probably feels he is not fast enough or hard working to make up for it. Technical ability isn't so important it would appear.

I think the idea is to have players versatile enough to play in more than one position and a more compact squad.

Well given that neither Walker nor Rose can cross, which would seem an important attacking attribute for a full back, then nope technical ability is not important.

I can't believe we're letting he only reliable left back go without bringing in a replacement. How many more goals will Rose give away this season?

David Hytner @DaveHytner
Assou-Ekotto could have gone to Besiktas or Roma for more money. He's gone to #qpr on loan because of Redknapp and his love of London #thfc

tumblr_inline_mk0tvyfG8X1qz4rgp.gif

Nooooooo! Bye benny you will be missed

Back