• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

Re: Steven Gerrard- England player of the year

Oh then fair enough. I agree he was our best player at the Euros. Ashley Cole is just consistent for me. He may not have had a great Euros but he didn't have a bad one. He's solid every game and still for me the only World Class player we genuinely have at international level.

Agree with the decision although its like trying to pick the best pile of dog poo in a park.

Perhaps deserved, he was great at the euro.
However, it was decided by open voting on FA official site.
And the U21 winner and runner up were Jordan Henderson and Martin Kelly.
That says something. Just surprised Shelvey wasn't third choice for U21, that Glen Johnson wasn't among the top 3 seniors, and that Jamie Carragher wasn't give a lifetime achievement award

Probably the first time we've seen good form from Gerrard in an England shirt since the 2002 World Cup qualifying campaign. Well deserved.

Re: O/T The England Thread - Squad for Brazil match announced

What is the point of picking Lampard, he is 34, what happened to the future

Once you're in the England team, it's usally only injury or retirement that dicates whether you lose your place or not, not current form.

Don't worry, we will be having the can Gerrard and Lampard play together arguement again in 2014.

Check out this 1995 video. Doesn't seem long ago at all to me... but look at the kit!

And check out the dangerous tackles, especially the one from behind by Roberto Carlos at about 1:20 - THAT is why they have been outlawed!

Stoke should be forced to watch this, and then have a long think about how they play.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/video/2013/feb/04/graeme-le-saux-goal-brazil-video

They probably use this as an instructional video.

Brazil training at Barnets training ground.

Missed a trick here. Should have offered them use of Hotspur Way. Imagine that, one of the best teams in the world and they would have got to see the outstanding training facilities we have. Could have got AVB to do a nice warm welcome in Portuguese, the Sandro is the tour guide:"This, Neymar, could be your very own exercise bike. Alves, Gareth is waiting for you in the pool. Oh THAT door is locked I'm afraid, Hulk. You have to be a member to go in there."

BCWRcGUCYAArC4S.jpg

Ronaldinho gracing the same field I did a few years back. 8)

Lennon playing fantastically well doesnt start as Woy picks Walcott on the right and Wellback up front instead of Rooney / Walcott up top

and seriously WTF is Cleverly and Smalling doing in the starting 11 too, ridiculous

Back