• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Most memorable post in Glory-glory history?

But they don't do they? They insinuate things instead which is FAR worse than actually coming out saying it.

My suggestion would be to very clearly ask them what they mean. I wouldn't ever leave an insinuation alone if it bugged me that much AND I were unable to avoid getting sucked into the thread (believe me, and I know you do, I've been sucked in many times, funnily enough sometimes with you mate!!!:) )...

IMHO, (and this is a general point mate NOT aimed at you or anyone specifically) relying on mods to keep a forum free of flimflam is somewhat of an abdication of responsibility. Generally, the golden rule has to be, don't say anything here you wouldn't say to someone in the pub or cafe. And if we're wrong/proven wrong/have a difference of opinion, then just call it as it is. Again, worth remembering that nothing can really be THAT personal because we don't ACTUALLY know each other!

Steff

My suggestion would be to very clearly ask them what they mean. I wouldn't ever leave an insinuation alone if it bugged me that much AND I were unable to avoid getting sucked into the thread (believe me, and I know you do, I've been sucked in many times, funnily enough sometimes with you mate!!!:) )...

IMHO, (and this is a general point mate NOT aimed at you or anyone specifically) relying on mods to keep a forum free of flimflam is somewhat of an abdication of responsibility. Generally, the golden rule has to be, don't say anything here you wouldn't say to someone in the pub or cafe. And if we're wrong/proven wrong/have a difference of opinion, then just call it as it is. Again, worth remembering that nothing can really be THAT personal because we don't ACTUALLY know each other!

Steff

and yet if you say anything - you get accused of trying to be the boards policeman!

if you stand up for yourself (because you can) - you get told to get a mod to sort it out for you

sorry mate, but you are not singing the company song, you might need some attitude adjustment seminars to see you straight.

and yet if you say anything - you get accused of trying to be the boards policeman!

if you stand up for yourself (because you can) - you get told to get a mod to sort it out for you

sorry mate, but you are not singing the company song, you might need some attitude adjustment seminars to see you straight.

First off, as you know, I enjoy reading many of your posts.
Not sure what the company song is mate, and TBF I've just been asked to help in the way I feel I can (the mods are really trying to make it work for everyone mate, no agendas at all)...I appreciate that some people quietly wind things up, and I will keep an eye out for "fire starters" but what I was suggesting to MLK was that in those moments when it could feel like a sniping thing is going to be exchanged, just ask someone clearly if they really DID mean to, for example, call XYZ a 'taco' or whatever. Sometimes, when people are presented with their own instantly-blabbed comments, they understand how macaronic they look and might well apologize!

Maybe I'm just a dreamer mate...but as the boys said, I'm not the only one!

Really hope you stick around and find a way to make it work to where you feel comfortable, at the very least would you please at least drop the odd joke in random as I have cried with laughter at at least 10 of them.

Steff

No

I was banned by Milo for a day when another poster told me to fudge off and stop posting because I was hounded all day long by Leeds who was looking for a fight. I responded by telling him "why don't you fudge off" and was banned for a day.

I had previously been told to stop commenting on Arcspaces posts, and in a discussion with another poster I made a comment that anyone who quoted arcspace would gain little sympathy from me - due to the lack of regard I had for the quality or quantity of his posts. I was given the opportunity to explain why I contiunued to comment on his posts, and I was unrepentant due to the fact that he has me on ignore, so doesn't read them, and because the number of my posts about him are such a tiny amount (I estimated less than 1% of his total posts) that I felt that it could hardly be considered that I was bullying him (which I was accused of) or conducting a campaign against him.

I was then banned for a week, no warning, no explanation - I simply tried to log on and was faced with a notice that said that I was banned and that the banned would be lifted - never.

This was why I posted on GG facebook, I wasn't attention seeking or using it as an alternative vehicle to attack the moderation on the board, as they will attest I do it to them directly.

I am a passionate believer in moderated forums, and have no issues with punitive cooling off periods, but I get aggrieved when I had been subjected a a full day of winding up, which I responded to without insulting any of the posters personally, I simply attacked the content of their posts. I am quite capable of being derogatory to people without insulting their intelligence or personality or any other form of personal insults. You will look long and hard to find posts that I make where I am directly rude or insulting to people on a personal level - I do it to the content or quality of what they post, which I also have no problem with people doing to me. If you post, your post should be open season to comments about the post itself, if its stupid, you should be allowed to say it is, if you justify it (reasonably.)

I have made my feelings clear to both Crawley and Milo and see little point in airing them publically.

The comment that I did make that I am prepared to speak out about, was the enormous damage (I believe) that was done to the board over Redknapp. The rancourous posts and aggressive sniping by some of the anti phalanx was nothing short of poisonous (and possibly libellous in some cases) and I believe that the situation could have been avoided by tighter control over some posters. I think some of the bitterness and insulting behaviour on here will last a long time - as MK said, some of the smaller minded individuals that post will hold grudges for a long time.

I want to post in discussions with genuine Spurs fans and do so in a manner that people would do so, face to face in a social environment. In this thread I have been accused of being mentally unbalanced - yet the poster continues to post - who's fault is that?

I'm taking a sojourn, and cooling my heels so that I don't get any more of these bloody schoolboy punishment points, at the moment I have so many that if it was a driving licence, I wouldn't be allowed to walk for 5 years.

Agree with this. Unfortunately you still get posters who feel the need to belittle him and his achievements, and they have the nerve to accuse the pro Redknapp posters of not letting it go.

Agree with this. Unfortunately you still get posters who feel the need to belittle him and his achievements, and they have the nerve to accuse the pro Redknapp posters of not letting it go.

Is it not possible to agree on some points and disagree on others though Jurgen? TBH, I'm surprised it's still coming up.

Is it not possible to agree on some points and disagree on others though Jurgen? TBH, I'm surprised it's still coming up.

There will always be disagreements on here. I just don't see why some posters still feel the need to call him "saggy chops" or a "****" rather than focus on the good he did. Hopefully once the season starts, it will stop for good.

There will always be disagreements on here. I just don't see why some posters still feel the need to call him "saggy chops" or a "****" rather than focus on the good he did. Hopefully once the season starts, it will stop for good.

I agree, the personal insults are not called for...we could debate aspects of character and what-not, but yes, there was very very good and not so good, the end result of which is AVB! I echo your final sentence.

We can't force people's opinions. If they don't like him that's not likely to change through abuse from anyone that does. And remember that abuse can come in many forms as we all see things differently.

Im not. People got so entrenched on either side it will be a while before they stop trying to score points.

Disappointing as Ive seen plenty of Redknapp comment (in passing, not digging) degrade into yet another bun fight...

i think most of the 'belittling' that i have seen is more in reply to people saying that Redknapp was amazing and we have no chance of replicating his achievements now he has gone and it's all down hill from here blah blah blah the first week or so after his sacking there was a lot of those types of posts and for my part i tried to put in to perspective what he actually achieved because i don't see any reason why anyone else can't come in and carry on where he left off - and i think some posters will see that as trying to take away from what he done here, maybe it is a little because i think a lot of people over hype what he did do, that's not to say the past 2/3 seasons haven't been great, just considering the investment in the team and the talent available it was more or less what we should have been aiming for.

anyway, now the dust has settled somewhat and people are starting to be a bit more positive with the direction we are heading then i don't envisage there being too much clashing over Redknapp and his time here.

For the record, I was offered mod status

Unfortunately my work commitments mean that I cannot dedicate enough time to the board

For the record, I was offered mod status

Unfortunately my work commitments mean that I cannot dedicate enough time to the board

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhat, they offered mod status to a poster who brick himself and brick everywhere on a train carriage !!!!

Hahahaha (PS I do still laugh at that story all the time)

Back