• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Most memorable post in Glory-glory history?

That's all very well and yet I see the same WUMs posting on a daily basis, doing the same brick and baiting the same posters who eventually snap. Or at least I did until I blocked them. So whatever is happening behind the scenes, isn't working. And all it's doing is driving away passionate articulate posters who can no longer be bothered to deal with the puerile nonsense that comes from a small minority who continue to be allowed to get away with it.

We rely on posters to report those who do this. I'm sure you can appreciate we can't see every post and occasionally some will slip, so reporting it will help us take action if needed.

I didn't agree with the opinion but once one person has called him on it, why does it then take about half a dozen to do the same and then continue doing the same making fun with each other out of that one poster? It almost became a sport to see who could take the tinkle the most or be the wittiest against him. It was out of order. Far more so than two posters with history going at it and one of them calling the other an abusive name.

Once again, MK, I refer you to my post, numbered 212 in this thread.

I think if you think TMK is a wum then you are a wum...whoever you are! I respect anyone who remembers the good ol days when footballers were men!!

What is a WUM? Someone who posts in order to get a reaction.

Does that work in reverse, is every post that causes a reaction from other posters WUMing?

We all have different styles of posting. We also have different ways of interpreting what others post. Some posters will be responded to as WUMs, even if that's not their intention, simply because of the way they argue their opinion. Everyone has their opinions, but nobody has a monopoly on being right.

It's not about winning the discussion, but exchanging views and broadening your horizon. Sometimes you're right, sometimes you're not.

ah fair do's

looks like a self imposed perma ban then

TBF, there was initially an issue with the wording automatically produced by the forum software in regards to this. But that was later explained in full.

What wasn't lost on me though, was the referal to me as "Old one-eye" on that FB page. Pretty childish, but in light of who it came from, no big surprise (yes, we know who you are fella).

Anyway, I don't do facebook, and as MK said, thread hijacked, so we have to go issue a load of infraction points now.

Does that work in reverse, is every post that causes a reaction from other posters WUMing?

We all have different styles of posting. We also have different ways of interpreting what others post. Some posters will be responded to as WUMs, even if that's not their intention, simply because of the way they argue their opinion. Everyone has their opinions, but nobody has a monopoly on being right.

It's not about winning the discussion, but exchanging views and broadening your horizon. Sometimes you're right, sometimes you're not.

Hallelujah!!!!

Fair enough. Did think he was beating the same drum about you excessively and needlessly just curious that's all.

In an attempt to steer the thread back on topic - who remembers Maccadinho?

Some classic lines and a few endings to match - was he banned in the end? I really liked hi

Last edited:

Been an Admin for 5 minutes and already yuve changed....

One thing i really don't understand is the decision process in regards to someone becoming an Admin. How can someone who used to partake in arguments suddenly be the one that's informing people that they shouldn't argue or Wind other people up. It's just very hypocritical tbh.

Who are you referring to in particular?

There's no point in singling out names tbh because that's not my intention but the process to become a Mod/admin seems flawed beyond belief. You can't pick people to mod this site who have had strong opinions in the past and some of there posts appeared blatant wum material but have a passive posting style in general so it doesn't seem they're provoking. Is it decided based on who admins get on with most and nothing else?

There's no point in singling out names tbh because that's not my intention but the process to become a Mod/admin seems flawed beyond belief. You can't pick people to mod this site who have had strong opinions in the past and some of there posts appeared blatant wum material but have a passive posting style in general so it doesn't seem they're provoking. Is it decided based on who admins get on with most and nothing else?

My guess is - a lot of old-skool admins have left / can't post anymore - names such as Atrain, Dometop (still around?), Pedders, win7Ian (hardly on here), nw7yid (big loss), Danish White, etc. - so numbers have to be replenished. Perhaps other posters were asked too but they 'refused'? Must be a crap job, tbh - being impartial all the time, dealing with WUMs, etc. So they asked Jordinho who is practially a 24/7 semi-bot and fairly docile - safe bet

I can give you a list of impartial posters right now that have a passive posting style and can easily be considered a mod. I'm not saying i agree with everything they say or even that i particularly like them but you can clearly see they are very fair in their views and very fair in approaching certain situations.

i will say right now that Unknown and Pedders were two of the worst mods i've ever come across. They based their decisions solely on how much they like/dislike a poster. They also didn't treat incidents as individual incidents and instead would simply notice that it was the same poster who was involved in something before so automatically he must have something to do with it too (despite them seeing otherwise this particular time). Atrain and Nw7 on the other hand were fantastic mods and tbh Scaramanga and Crawley will make it painfully obvious they're not a fan of yours but will never let that effect a decision they've made which is the right way to go about things.

Back