• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Most memorable post in Glory-glory history?

Occasionally. I do find it quite amusing that some of them still reply to my posts with some sort of snide remark or to try and belittle my opinion knowing full well they are on block. They do it to try and take the tinkle and get their buddies to join in taking the tinkle too, but really all they're doing is making themselves look like utter macarons because I don't see what they write anyway. When you realise they posses that sort of intelligence level (or lack of) you realise that putting them on ignore is the best thing to do and you really aren't missing much and at the same time you don't get riled at their facetious comments.

Mick doesn't suffer fools gladly though, and he isn't one to just try and ignore people. If they're being dingdongs (in his opinion anyway) he'll call it out.....as is his right. Me and Mick have frequented the same forums for years, and have had our fair share of ding dongs, a couple of which got pretty nasty. But I do respect him because he says it how he sees it and isn't afraid to fight his corner even when ganged up on. Probably because he is usually in the right......

Which is exactly what drags this forum down, and results in the majority of complaints from posters prepared to follow the rules, as it happens.

People do not want to wade through pages of arguments between one poster and another. The original subject matter quickly becomes lost when people do this.

I only see the need for banning people if they get nasty or use racist language. If people have arguments on here and a few swear words get thrown about, and as long as it doesn't hijack the thread, I don't see a problem with it myself. People will always disagree on here.

I'm not aware of anyone ever being banned or receiving infraction points for disagreeing with someone

I think it is wrong to blame the posters who are on the receiving end of other posters abuse. I am not referring to any poster in particular here but arguments and personal spats often cut across threads, take them off topic and ruin the enjoyment of the board for others. If you want to abuse each other maybe you could find some like minded individuals and do it by PM.

You want to stop the rot, you don't go after aggressive posters reacting. You go after the trouble makers at the beginning, making snide comments about other posters/players/managers etc in practically every single thread when that comment is out of place. And what makes it even more laughable is that those snide posters are the same ones who are hypocrits and will attack other posters for doing what they do towards a player/manager/poster they do like/rate.

They offer zero value to the forum other than to wind up other posters who eventually snap, have a go and then get banned. And until the root problem is addressed, this forum will continue to go around in ever decreasing circles until it goes up its own arse.

Really personal digs of course are naughty and shouldn't be accepted. But, as an example, saying something like 'don't talk such brick you taco' is an ordinary comment that would get said in a pub all day long. I consider everyone on here normal Spurs supporting mates and am often shocked at the mild language others consider offensive.

You want to stop the rot, you don't go after aggressive posters reacting. You go after the trouble makers at the beginning, making snide comments about other posters/players/managers etc in practically every single thread when that comment is out of place. And what makes it even more laughable is that those snide posters are the same ones who are hypocrits and will attack other posters for doing what they do towards a player/manager/poster they do like/rate.

They offer zero value to the forum other than to wind up other posters who eventually snap, have a go and then get banned. And until the root problem is addressed, this forum will continue to go around in ever decreasing circles until it goes up its own arse.

For want of repeating ourselves, we (the admin team) are volunteers, all with our own life/jobs/outside interests etc. and are NOT on here 24/7 reading every post that is made.
In addition, a lot of us read/post from phones during the day, phones which greatly reduce our administrative capabilities.

We rely on posters reporting out-of-line posts via the official system, otherwise there is every chance they will be missed. We have stated this time after time.

Trouble is, there are also some who abuse that reporting system if they think someone has breathed incorrectly.

Do you not see why this is a no-win situation for us?

Which is exactly what drags this forum down, and results in the majority of complaints from posters prepared to follow the rules, as it happens.

People do not want to wade through pages of arguments between one poster and another. The original subject matter quickly becomes lost when people do this.

You're missing the point. There are about half a dozen clique posters that cause almost all the fights on here and yet they always go unpunished. And the reason for that is probably because that little clique contains at least one mod.

Nicely sidestepped Crawley more step overs than ronaldo!! :)

I don't envy you though being a mod it must be pretty tiresome but TMK is right in what he says.

I think it's important to understand that age old saying about opinions being like a* holes... What many of you might find thoroughly enjoyable, was not particularly enjoyable for some other posters.
The continuous demise of threads which have been hijacked and become personal battles, completely off-topic, and quite often not even related to Spurs or football, has actually seen some very good posters disappear.

We're all adults and are well aware that the last thing anyone wants to do is censor good debate, heated or not. But what no poster should have to be subject to is a torrent of abuse, personal insults and thread hijacking.

Really personal digs of course are naughty and shouldn't be accepted. But, as an example, saying something like 'don't talk such brick you taco' is an ordinary comment that would get said in a pub all day long. I consider everyone on here normal Spurs supporting mates and am often shocked at the mild language others consider offensive.

If someone said that to me in the pub, we wouldn't be in the pub very long. To be honest it is that sort of comment that winds me up, because it's attacking the intelligence and views of the poster on a personal level. I'll go after the post, not the poster. If I think the poster is being a taco, I'll call them up on their behaviour...not their views. I've had arguments on this forum with posters that I don't even know, and yet they remember me. They think we have some sort of historical beef and yet I can't remember them at all, and the reason for that is I don't usually concentrate on the poster but I will get in heated discussions about a topic or the nature of that particular thread.

You're missing the point. There are about half a dozen clique posters that cause almost all the fights on here and yet they always go unpunished. And the reason for that is probably because that little clique contains at least one mod.

No, no. YOU are missing the point.

There are rules at the top of every forum. If those rules are broken, and then reported, we act (have already issued infraction points tonight).
The comments you are refering to may indeed be snidey, in your opinion, but they stay within the rules.
This is when your ignore function would work so well.......when you see threads developing like that, ignore the culprits until they actually break a rule. I fully understand there are some clever/crafty posters who know how far to push things, but they manage to stop short of actual abuse, as I'm sure you are aware.

If we enhanced our rules to make them anymore stringent, we would be accused of nazi-ism again.

Back