• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Most memorable post in Glory-glory history?

What has happened to Mick Cooper of late? Some of his reposts and comments were awesome.

Mick was given a one week ban. Having served his ban, Mick is free to post here as long as he sticks to the site rules. Whether he chooses to do so is down to him. Issuing these points to Mick was discussed at length between the admin team beforehand and we were in complete agreement.

I think these points might be why we won't be seeing much of mick anymore!

An apt time to remind everyone of forum rule No. 1 then:

1. - Personal Attacks
While you have the right to disagree strongly with any poster on any point, personal attacks will not be tolerated. This includes replying to call another poster an obscene name, posting hostile rumours about a person, targeting a poster with numerous negative comments, posting pictures of a poster which cause offence to the person in question and anything else agreed upon by a majority of administrators as constituting a personal attack.

Please note banter between posters is fine, the aim here is to prevent unwelcome attacks which add a negative and hostile environment to the board and any individual poster. If a thread is locked because it's got out of hand please do not carry on your arguments into another one. This is a forum for everyone, not your own personal battleground.

Also we will not tolerate any attacks regarding race, creed, colour, religion or sexual orientation. Any infringements of this kind will be treated as a major violation.

I like mick

mickie i fudgein miiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssss you you fudgein idiot. Grrrrrrrr

micky come back

Agreed.

I often don't agree with Mick and Leeds, but I like them, and enjoy reading them. They have their own opinions, and strong ones too, and the place has more character for their inputs. If you get offended by someone on an internet forums, then you need to re-evaluate your life choices

This. Especially considering people can just use the ignore feature.

The problem is on here there are way too many snidey WUMs who wouldn't have the bottle to insinuate what they do to your face. They'd snigger behind your back to their mates though. I think they even know who they are which makes it worse. All patting each other on the back and only really coming out on the offensive when they've got the confidence they'll have a couple of their mate posters backing them up. It's very subtle bullying and the mods do nothing about it. And yet when someone has the audacity to stick up for their views or call someone a prick when they're being a prick they get banned. Wouldn't be so bad but there are a couple of mods who are in with the snide clique. Probably why they can get away with it. I told Mick just to stick them on ignore, because you can't really take them head on anyway because you will get banned whilst they gang up on you and take turns digging away.

Personally I prefer unmoderated forums (definitely miss the usenet!) and now this forum comes with the function of ignore I don't really see why mods exist at all other than to clean out spam and to ban fans of other teams who come in here with the sole intention of starting a flame war.

Glory Glory is pretty poor comparitive to what it used to be. I just hope that at some point common sense comes back into play and maybe it can be restored to what it once was.

I love this forum. I agree with you TMK that there are posters who defy science by not having a backbone which can infuriate me. Don't use the ignore function I like to read all comments useless or not.

I love this forum. I agree with you TMK that there are posters who defy science by not having a backbone which can infuriate me. Don't use the ignore function I like to read all comments useless or not.

I'll be honest, using the ignore feature has worked for me. I have one or two posters that I have put on ignore that I sometimes think I may be missing out because they do post good stuff (in random that is!) but most of them I don't really give a second thought about.

But you can still see what they write when others quote them cant you?

Occasionally. I do find it quite amusing that some of them still reply to my posts with some sort of snide remark or to try and belittle my opinion knowing full well they are on block. They do it to try and take the tinkle and get their buddies to join in taking the tinkle too, but really all they're doing is making themselves look like utter macarons because I don't see what they write anyway. When you realise they posses that sort of intelligence level (or lack of) you realise that putting them on ignore is the best thing to do and you really aren't missing much and at the same time you don't get riled at their facetious comments.

Mick doesn't suffer fools gladly though, and he isn't one to just try and ignore people. If they're being dingdongs (in his opinion anyway) he'll call it out.....as is his right. Me and Mick have frequented the same forums for years, and have had our fair share of ding dongs, a couple of which got pretty nasty. But I do respect him because he says it how he sees it and isn't afraid to fight his corner even when ganged up on. Probably because he is usually in the right......

For the record, some time back, after complaints about moderating, we agreed to let the forum run "un-moderated" for a period covering a long weekend (I believe).

Needless to say, it was an abject failure that lasted a matter of hours.

Another apt moment to remind you of this rule:

9. - Complaints about an Admin's Actions
We as administrators are not perfect. However, if you feel that you have been harshly treated the public forums are not to be treated as your personal venting space to attack a single admin or the admin as a whole.

Complaints about an admin's actions should be PM'd to another admin who will decide what further action is required. If an administrator agrees that the action taken was unfair then the admin in question will be warned and a public apology issued. Continued unnecessary actions from the admin will result in a removal of admin status.

I like how this forum has a range of different posters but I don't like weak individuals - on here or in real life. Everyone has weaknesses, granted, but some people really over do it. A few with chips on their shoulders too but you end up laughing at the majority of their drivel.

We're all here for one common love - that's what I try to remind myself whenever I read some tripe.

For the record, some time back, after complaints about moderating, we agreed to let the forum run "un-moderated" for a period covering a long weekend (I believe).

Needless to say, it was an abject failure that lasted a matter of hours.

Another apt moment to remind you of this rule:

9. - Complaints about an Admin's Actions
We as administrators are not perfect. However, if you feel that you have been harshly treated the public forums are not to be treated as your personal venting space to attack a single admin or the admin as a whole.

Complaints about an admin's actions should be PM'd to another admin who will decide what further action is required. If an administrator agrees that the action taken was unfair then the admin in question will be warned and a public apology issued. Continued unnecessary actions from the admin will result in a removal of admin status.

And we know what action would be taken don't we. Rhymes with Back Hit.

I think it is wrong to blame the posters who are on the receiving end of other posters abuse. I am not referring to any poster in particular here but arguments and personal spats often cut across threads, take them off topic and ruin the enjoyment of the board for others. If you want to abuse each other maybe you could find some like minded individuals and do it by PM.

Totman was one of the best posters on here. He'd regularly take on up to 10 posters at the same time and wouldn't back down.

I only see the need for banning people if they get nasty or use racist language. If people have arguments on here and a few swear words get thrown about, and as long as it doesn't hijack the thread, I don't see a problem with it myself. People will always disagree on here.

Back