• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

There are other clubs out there that would give him the money, and he wouldn't have to put up with the guy upstairs making decisions for him.

It will depend on what clubs are looking for a manager next summer, or the one after, but I don't see him staying at Real that long.

Mourinho will want to win the CL with Real. Then he can move on to the next country, most likely to try on England again.

#########​

On the manager sacking issue, what nonsense at Blackburn:

Blackburn's director of football, Shebby Singh, has admitted the situation surrounding Steve Kean's future as manager of the club "gets worse by the day".

The Scot has failed to reach Singh's target of 16 points from the first seven games and there is mounting speculation that his dismissal is imminent, despite Rovers having their best ever start in the Championship.

They are currently in third place, behind Brighton and Huddersfield, with 14 points, following their relegation from the Premier League last season.

"Unfortunately, the momentum [of the speculation about Kean] built up so fast it was quite difficult to step in and react," Singh said. "We have people heading up different departments whose responsibility it is to step in but unfortunately it escalated at such a fast pace that before you know what happened, it hits you in the face.

"It should not have been allowed to escalate like that but it did and the situation gets worse by the day. Financially now it is not a good situation because the fans are staying away. The club needs revenue to survive.

"I guess with having played seven games now I think it is a situation which is not a very pleasant one and I suppose it is my bosses, the owners of the club [Venky's], who have to make an assessment."

This guy Shebby Singh is a complete idiot and makes his bosses look competent. It was him saying the manager had three games to prove himself (or something similar) before the season started that caused more troiuble, so the "momentum built up so fast" because he opened his mouth and seems incapable of closing it.

I'm glad Blackburn got Shebby, if only because it spares me having to listen to his 'analysis' on the infrequent times I watch ESPN games in Asia. Still, he is a Spurs fan, so we have to cut him some slack, I suppose. I hope he does well at Blackburn.

Yeah he is so biased when spurs is on that he gets a lot of fleck for it from our rivals.
But he is also quite funny and i think a lot of his comments are tongue-in-cheek and his general attitude is deliberately (but light-heartedly) provocative, so he can be quite an entertaining character if you don't take him so seriously.

kinda like the harry redknapp of Malaysia.

This been mentioned yet.. not sure whether there's really anything in it.... also how can they run a story like this when Kean is still there!?

Blackburn will make a formal approach to Tottenham in the hope of persuading assistant first-team coach and former player Tim Sherwood, 43, to become their new manager.

Full story: Daily Mail

The club’s Indian owners will finally axe Kean after accepting that keeping him on has manager has rebounded on them financially.

Attendances are down 40 per cent despite Blackburn’s promising start to the season and the team are still without a shirt sponsor. It has also emerged that current match day revenue does not even cover the wages of summer signings Jordan Rhodes, Danny Murphy and dingdongson Etuhu.

The club’s Indian owners will finally axe Kean after accepting that keeping him on has manager has rebounded on them financially.

Attendances are down 40 per cent despite Blackburn’s promising start to the season and the team are still without a shirt sponsor. It has also emerged that current match day revenue does not even cover the wages of summer signings Jordan Rhodes, Danny Murphy and dingdongson Etuhu.

Friggin' idiots.. if they thought signing 1 decent youngster and a few other uninspiring old boys and winning a couple of games in August would get sell-out attendances they really are unbelievably clueless!

Attendances are down 40 per cent ... and the team are still without a shirt sponsor.

Of course its all the manager's fault that attendances are down. It has nothing to do with the relegation (are they still charging the same?). It's fine to sack a manager for getting relegated, but sack him once the season has started because less people come to watch a game against Barnsley than against Man United is daft.

Its not as if Blackburn were consistent sell-outs in the PL. People can choose what games they come to and have been used to PL quality opposition. The new owners have completely mismanaged things since they took over. Their problem is that Keen is the only manger willing to fly to India for a dressing down from the family matriarch.

Last edited:
If they do get rid of Kean I can't wait for the circus of managers getting linked then ruling themselves out within hours lol

Not sacking, but an eight year deal for a manager? that is going to cost them (from BBC)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine boss Alan Pardew has signed a contract extension that will keep him at the club until 2020. Pardew originally signed a five-and-a-half-year deal when he succeeded Chris Hughton in December 2010.

However, the 51-year-old has been rewarded for guiding Saudi Sportswashing Machine to fifth place in last season's Premier League and a spot in the Europa League.

Coaches John Carver, Steve Stone and Andy Woodman have also been given new eight-year contracts.

A35nRcPCcAAgEdc.jpg

Its a train wreck club.

I like the tradition of the game and think clubs like Blackburn - original league members - are important for football ( I tell myself about this even with Stoke). But I find myself hoping things go wrong when incompetent owners are involved. There are lots of questions about why Kean got the job in the first place and why he kept the job at various times afterwards, like following relegation, but sacking him now is stupid

Mark Hughes

2 points, 6 games

Next three matches: West Brom (A), Everton (H), Arsenal (A)

He`s bought a small village`s worth of players and still looks like struggling. Jeez.

Could never understand why so many people were saying they would do well with the new players he bought, most of them were average and the rest pretty brick.

Back