• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

I fully appreciate that Rodgers' style may take time to implement and that results may be poor initially and it's great to support that in theory, but when you've started the season with hopes of at least keeping pace with top 4 and you find yourself chained to the bottom 3 you've got to re-assess. Rodgers has done nothing in his career to suggest he will turn it around. It's purely based on hope and being impressed with his soundbites and "dossier" at the moment.

How long will Rodgers get do you think? All artsy no fartsy at the moment. And are there now rumblings that Gerrard isn't being fully utilised? Get Gerrard offside and he's gone.

Let's worry about ourselves shall we before we start casting dispersion on Rodgers and Liverpool?
If things look bad for them they look bad for us too considering we're only above the on GD
5th from bottom.
Every comment aimed at Rodgers can apply to AVB so I'm not going to marvel on their demise just yet!

That's kind of the whole point of this thread mate. AVB is but one manager under pressure, but only AVB is getting articles about him being close to the sack whereas I'd argue so far Rodgers has been far less impressive.

That's kind of the whole point of this thread mate. AVB is but one manager under pressure, but only AVB is getting articles about him being close to the sack whereas I'd argue so far Rodgers has been far less impressive.

difference is that Liverpool have had West Brom away, Emirates Marketing Project home, Arsenal home, Sunderland away and face Man Utd next week

compare that to Spurs opening games of Saudi Sportswashing Machine away, West Brom and Norwich home, and now Reading away and QPR at home next week

Liverpool have had a harder start and thats why there is a bit more patience with Rodgers.

But Rodgers has not replaced the medias " rent a quote", that has more to do with it then anything.

Turns it around?? What? We've played 3 games! I agree the press is out for him but fudge me cant we at least give him a chance?

I meant turn round the opinions of him, 1 good win against Reading isn't going to do that but it's a good start. If he can get the press off his back and stop all the players having to speak to the press about his management then they can concentrate on getting a CL place which we should be able to achieve.

But Rodgers has not replaced the medias " rent a quote", that has more to do with it then anything.

Or maybe if you looked at it without some twisted need to have a pop at Harry, it would make perfect sense.

Rodgers did well last year, AVB didn't. Liverpool have a squad that many people don't rate, we are seen as top 4 contenders. Liverpool had Emirates Marketing Project and arsenal, we had west brom and Norwich.

So, forget Harry... The reason why AVB is under more pressure seems obvious. Plus you support spurs so will notice our news more. Since a convincing away performance and win, things have gone quiet... So no AVB hating agenda, the media are just calling it how it is at the time.

Or maybe if you looked at it without some twisted need to have a pop at Harry, it would make perfect sense.

Rodgers did well last year, AVB didn't. Liverpool have a squad that many people don't rate, we are seen as top 4 contenders. Liverpool had Emirates Marketing Project and arsenal, we had west brom and Norwich.

So, forget Harry... The reason why AVB is under more pressure seems obvious. Plus you support spurs so will notice our news more. Since a convincing away performance and win, things have gone quiet... So no AVB hating agenda, the media are just calling it how it is at the time.

If you believe that then i truly feel sorry for you, head, buried, sand sums it up.

PL, the media are unconvinced about AVB because of his failure at Chelsea. They do not have an agenda because that may imply that they have a personal vendetta against him, which I refuse to believe is the case. I think it's unfair that the bigger picture is not taken into account when you look at the Chelsea team last season, there are obviously many players at Chelsea who hold a lot of sway over Abramovich and it's clear the likes of Terry, Cole and Lampard are very powerful. Di Matteo is a brick manager and a puppet so he's happy just to have such a prestigeous job, regardless of the fact that Terry more than likely runs the team. So in that sense, AVB had a tough job, but the bottom line is, he didn't get the results. It's a results driven business. The criticism of AVB will stop if we perform well and there is no disharmony within the squad. He can be a bit prickly during interviews, but he's by no means the worst manager in the country to interview, cough cough King Kenny.

Many people last season predicted Swansea to go down and yet they only lost to two of the top 6 clubs at home, they stayed up easily and played some great football. Rodgers was also shafted by the club in their failure to bring another striker in.

PL, the media are unconvinced about AVB because of his failure at Chelsea. They do not have an agenda because that may imply that they have a personal vendetta against him, which I refuse to believe is the case. I think it's unfair that the bigger picture is not taken into account when you look at the Chelsea team last season, there are obviously many players at Chelsea who hold a lot of sway over Abramovich and it's clear the likes of Terry, Cole and Lampard are very powerful. Di Matteo is a brick manager and a puppet so he's happy just to have such a prestigious job, regardless of the fact that Terry more than likely runs the team. So in that sense, AVB had a tough job, but the bottom line is, he didn't get the results. It's a results driven business. The criticism of AVB will stop if we perform well and there is no disharmony within the squad. He can be a bit prickly during interviews, but he's by no means the worst manager in the country to interview, cough cough King Kenny.

Many people last season predicted Swansea to go down and yet they only lost to two of the top 6 clubs at home, they stayed up easily and played some great football. Rodgers was also shafted by the club in their failure to bring another striker in.

Well If that's what you believe then fair enough, however i think its pretty obvious that the media have the hatchets out for AVB, Levy and the club. Look at all the negative stories that have been floating about, they did say that there would be a mass exodus of players once we changed manager and a unhappy dressing room, do not see much evidence of that at all.

I think that's the main thing. Yesterday I read articles in the press heaping a bit of pressure on Alan Pardew and Arsene Wenger and yet on here no comment at all. Probably because it didn't even register with Spurs fans. If those articles had been about our Manager, there would have been cries of a media witchhunt.

Let's worry about ourselves shall we before we start casting dispersion on Rodgers and Liverpool?
If things look bad for them they look bad for us too considering we're only above the on GD
5th from bottom.
Every comment aimed at Rodgers can apply to AVB so I'm not going to marvel on their demise just yet!

3 points ahead...

:-"

I think that's the main thing. Yesterday I read articles in the press heaping a bit of pressure on Alan Pardew and Arsene Wenger and yet on here no comment at all. Probably because it didn't even register with Spurs fans. If those articles had been about our Manager, there would have been cries of a media witchhunt.

Have you checked out Football365 lately? They're running a vendetta in their Mediawatch section about all Harry's buddies and the nonsense they're coming up with in the press.

Makes a refreshing change, because normally they're the first to twist the knife when it comes to us. I guess they dislike Harry more than they dislike us.

The difference is that Rodgers has a lot more to sort out at Liverpool, he's going to need time and cash to get them into top 4 let alone competing for honours.
AVB has taken over a top 4 side, he has to keep us there minimum, he's been brought in to improve us. The media are going to be on his case while he's falling short of that standard. Quite rightly so, it's sink or swim at this level.

The difference is that Rodgers has a lot more to sort out at Liverpool, he's going to need time and cash to get them into top 4 let alone competing for honours.
AVB has taken over a top 4 side, he has to keep us there minimum, he's been brought in to improve us. The media are going to be on his case while he's falling short of that standard. Quite rightly so, it's sink or swim at this level.

Pardon?

For the press to pretend that there was a lot of pressure on the manage after 3 league games is laughable.

Race to the bottom.

Back