• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

I want to see Chelsea lose a game, the truth of how strong a manager is is often how well the team fares after losing a couple of games in a row.

Bookies taking big bets on Harry being manager of a London PL club by the weekend. QPR or West Ham?

can see AVB being gone by xmas

I can see people getting on his back and even wanting him gone, but would be surprised if Levy didn't give him at least a full season. This appointment is purely his, previous ones have seen heavy involvement by others.

Lambert is a fool, he should have stayed at Norwich he had something good going there, maybe 1 season wonder, but thought he did well.

I disagree. Did well at Livingstone, Wycombe, Colchester and the consecutive promotions (and staying in the premiership) with Norwich - far from a one season wonder.

I also think Villa are a much bigger club than Norwich with much more potential.

They have bigger gates, bigger fan base, bigger budgets and the potential for big things. They are also a pretty stable club in respect of managers. MON would still be there if he hadnt brick on them just into the season, and McLeish got a season of trying his best to relegate them before he got the boot.

Lambert inherits a team with a great deal of GOOD young players, a quality striker in Bent and effectively a clean sheet to impart his ideas. I think they will stick with him, give him time and allow him to grow so long as they arent in danger of anything serious.

I also think he is 3 solid players (good, experienced players) from having a pretty decent side.

The one thing Lambert has going for him is that Villa were so brick last season and close to going down that the only way they could be worse is if they actually go down.

The one thing Lambert has going for him is that Villa were so brick last season and close to going down that the only way they could be worse is if they actually go down.

The other thing Lambert has going for him is managerial genius. I'll be very surprised if he fails to turn things around.

:ross: Even from you, that must be tongue in cheek!

I'm being deadly serious. I should define threat though. I don't mean top four challengers, but with the quality of players QPR currently have and the money they have, they should comfortably be top 10 this season anyway. I believe Redknapp would have them not only challenging for top ten, but comfortably have them in it.

he'd need to buy, they are down to the bare bones, they only have 1 point from 2 games you know, keeping them up would be a miracle from here, they'd be lucky to have him

on a serious note, i don't think they will pull the trigger yet, but they have itchy fingers, if they are still struggling 5 or 6 games in i think he is gone

I'm being deadly serious. I should define threat though. I don't mean top four challengers, but with the quality of players QPR currently have and the money they have, they should comfortably be top 10 this season anyway. I believe Redknapp would have them not only challenging for top ten, but comfortably have them in it.

I agree, Ive had them in my "dark horse" tip since the beginning of the window - they have a very good premierhship squad (compared to Swansea and Norwich particularly - who they were promoted with), they have money, they have a london location...

I think Redknapp would do a very good job with them - pushing for EUROPA IMO.

I can see people getting on his back and even wanting him gone, but would be surprised if Levy didn't give him at least a full season. This appointment is purely his, previous ones have seen heavy involvement by others.

That depends how bad things get. If AVB doesnt win a game in the next 8 then we would be gone, if we hang around top 6 all season then he'll keep him around and probably get rid in the summer. Maybe even give him a chance for the 2nd season if he is feeling generous.

Was Di Matteo a 1 year deal?

If so he will stay till the end of the season unless Chelsea are in a relegation battle as Pep will take over next summer.

Wolves have terminated the contract of assistant manager Terry Connor with immediate effect.

Back