• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Manager Sack Watch

Whats the finances like at Southampton? i know they spent a fair bit in the summer but could it be a case of Adkins asking for more money and a disagreement?

Whats the finances like at Southampton? i know they spent a fair bit in the summer but could it be a case of Adkins asking for more money and a disagreement?

Pretty healthy at the moment.

The Swiss owner is a multi billionaire.

Not actually thinking this is a terrible decision, and wouldn't be surprised if it paid off handsomely for Southampton. The only problem is, he doesn't speak English. However if they can get a new manager bounce Ramos style to stay up this season, and he can learn it well enough for them next season, he could do very well. It's clear that like Levy, Cortese wanted someone more in tune with his vision and that is ultimately a good reason to sack someone, for the long term good. This guy did good things with Espanyol's youth set up, he has been praised for his tactics and is highly rated in Spain with Guardiola being a fan. If they can stay up this year I reckon they've got a good chance of establishing themselves in the league next year under him.

I actually think the new manager bounce comes a lot from a change in playing style which takes opponents off guard, the same players are being deployed in slightly different ways and the margins shift a bit in the team's favour, with opponents taking a while to figure out how to combat the new way of playing. Couple that with the more psychological elements with everyone being keen to impress and they could well stay up. Unfortunate for Adkins but his reputation won't have suffered, he's got a nice pay off and will probably get another good job. I'm not sure it will be in the PL but a Championship club with ambition will snap him up no problem if he doesn't get a top flight job.

What odds would you give on them getting more points in the second half of this season than they did in the first?

i think the new manager bounce is a response from the players after removal of a manager who'd "lost the dressing room", that may or may not be the case here, in situations where the manager still has the players on side I think the opposite of a bounce is likely

they certainly looked like they were playing for Adkins on Wednesday

It's crazy timing. Wait til ur safe in March and do it.

I can see them being villa or qpr's get out of jail card now. Back to playing Coventry for them

Sooo Olympiacos. A team who are 10 points clear of at the top of the league with a game in hand and undefeated thus far...Sack their manager?

Why aren't the press suggesting Pardew out etc? Anyone else in this position and they would be getting brick off the press.

oLcaEuF.png

Why aren't the press suggesting Pardew out etc? Anyone else in this position and they would be getting brick off the press.

oLcaEuF.png

When was the new contract?

The saving grace was the two wins against clubs in the relegation zone (Wigan, QPR) keeping you clear of danger. But now that home loss to Reading signals danger.

Lambert anyone? It's not the fact they lost.

It's the fact that his substitutions were completely and utterly stupid and they left Villa with absolutely no idea what was going on. He took off the players most likely to create chances and hold the possession and gave themselves very little hope of ever coming back.

Granted they pulled one goal back, however that was not due to his game plan, it was a route one ball missed by two defenders and the goalkeeper. Granted you get desperate and you have to try different things, but the substitutions reeked of panic from the manager, which quickly spread onto the field. Without the changes i could have seen Villa coming back into it, but after them there was no chance.

Last edited:
not been impressed by Lambert at Villa....good manager, but this so far is a disaster for his cv

It has been a disaster but he can point to previous regimes transfer business as ultimate fails. That squad is really brick

Villa fans seem to be split 50/50 on Lambert's abilities, but they all agree they need to spend (shocker), but as with most clubs they don't have that kind of money.

I see so many posts about the horrors of sugar daddies, yet the same people keep demanding their own owner's cough up money for their manager to spend.

Back