• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Let's kick racism out of football...?

Walob.

Absolute rubbish. Less opportunities? They can apply just the same as any manager can. Just because there are only a handful doesn't prove anything!! I don't know why there aren't many black managers but they've got 92 league clubs to apply for if/when they become available the same as anyone else in management!

They can apply just the same as any manager can but the point in case is that they are less likely to be successful in their application

There was a county team of all Asian players and even their captain who broke records at that level didn't get any offers from clubs which is unheard of... Again I'm mentally paraphrasing from my memory of seeing this lat time around

Just seen that bit and my memory was almost word for word. Disgraceful

Baddiel slating Spurs for their use of the y word. Equated it to white fans singing n***** army and then claiming it's being used positively.

Baddiel can fudge off. Why is he having a go at us instead of not focusing on the bile and hate that Chelsea spew. Yes the term may be racist to some but we use it in a positive way; unlike baddiels team who openly refer to hitler and auschwitz.

Baddiel can fudge off. Why is he having a go at us instead of not focusing on the bile and hate that Chelsea spew. Yes the term may be racist to some but we use it in a positive way; unlike baddiels team who openly refer to hitler and auschwitz.

In fairness to him, as much as that section annoyed me as much this time as it did last, he does draw attention to two of the worst chants and states that Chelsea fans chant them and it disgusts him. All in all I found it a very balanced programme

He's saying that unless you take a zero tolerance stance on the word (as is the case with the n-word) then it becomes very difficult to tackle at all. Also in his words, the concept of using a racist slur positively is "a load of gonad*s".

Baddiel slating Spurs for their use of the y word. Equated it to white fans singing n***** army and then claiming it's being used positively.

Gary Lineker and Ledley King fully supported DB in his Y word campaign.

If he was I'm sure someone would've signed him up even at lower league level.

One of the two guys was a striker who regularly broke records and scored 84 goals in one season... The other was Captain for every side he played for and at county level. As was stated, that they weren't offered anything with such careers is unheard of.

Yeah but I could captain and score 84 goals in a pub league local to me. Point is at what level did they play to?

Without being racist, might this be that nobody wanted to take a gamble on them due to the lack of decent Asian players in the past?

Now I'm not saying you're being racist, just wanna make that clear before I continue.

Your statement starts "Without being racist," and ends by suggesting that maybe the reason for not signing an Asian player is that there have been a lack of decent Asian players in the past, so in a sense saying don't sign him coz he's Asian! So my point is that somebody can't make a judgement on someone of an ethnic group purely based on their experience of other people of that ethnic group without being racist! It's certainly not aggressive racism but its racism

Yeah but I could captain and score 84 goals in a pub league local to me. Point is at what level did they play to?

Like I said - county level (at youth level) and it IS unheard of for any players at that level not to get a chance let alone people with the records of these guys.

I found the whole program a little sanitised and watered down when it could have been a little more hard hitting.

Back