• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T: Internet Forum Bickering

Biggest cause of bickering on here:

chip-on-shoulder.jpg

I remember when I slagged off something salty did and you went mental, but hey its all in the past, and its only an internet forum

I can admit to going mental. I dont see a problem with it, and I can take it, because I know I can give it.

what i find sad is that some people get so upset over OTHER people having a minor disagreement. get a life

wow
thats harsh, and unfair.

Dont worry Mick.

I think the people with the biggest chips on their shoulders, are the ones who made embarrassingly wild statements about Stratford and parking spaces, then had it shoved full in their face like a clowns custard pie, when they started "celebrating" the NDP going ahead after all....

wow
thats harsh, and unfair.

Harsh, yes. Unfair, no. It's neither short of nor beyond the truth.

You could have chosen just about any page of the old stadium thread or the old Parker thread and you'd have found him suggesting that people were lesser fans, sheep or part of some imaginary witch hunt purely for daring to differ in opinion.

Passion is fine, a strong belief in one's own judgements is fine, relentlessly attempting to belittle or point score on other posters simply ruins the discussion for everyone. Judging by the number of complaints I get by PM I'm clearly not the only one who believes that.

You could have chosen just about any page of the old stadium thread or the old Parker thread and you'd have found him suggesting that people were lesser fans, sheep or part of some imaginary witch hunt purely for daring to differ in opinion.

Passion is fine, a strong belief in one's own judgements is fine, relentlessly attempting to belittle or point score on other posters simply ruins the discussion for everyone. Judging by the number of complaints I get by PM I'm clearly not the only one who believes that.

If people developed inferior fan complexes due to my opinions........thats not my problem. Its their's

I've never taken exception to anything totman has said. Unlike quite a few on here he has a strong opinion and firm way of getting his points across something I too have and admire in anybody.

hmm

I don't read every thread, or every post - but its not the case in all of the discussions I have read through or participated in.

Some people on here are pretty precious and get upset if anyone questions their posts/opinions or discussion points, Totman in my view just tends to not fanny around and is direct and robust in making his point.

I have tried to explain points at length, and some arse calls you long winded or tells you you are having a rant, be direct and to the point and you are rude and abrupt.

The bottom line is that some people will find offence in anyone who disagrees with their POV, and will often make some smart arsed remark - which they then take umbrage to the response to.

People need to take more responsibility for what they say - before running to mods moaning about the short shrift they might get in response.

I've never taken exception to anything totman has said. Unlike quite a few on here he has a strong opinion and firm way of getting his points across something I too have and admire in anybody.

Cheers. but dont waste your time mate.

Too many preachers and hypocrites, who like to make personal digs at someone while they blissfully slag someone off for doing just that! Like I point out over and over again to these people is the difference between me and them, is that I dont make personal judgements on people.

I talk about Suarez, they talk about me. Look at the digs at me in this thread already.......for nothing.

I talk about MY feelings about leaving Tottenham, they talk about me. What, people thought that saying the NDP was unviable and Tottenham is a sh#t hole, and its better to move for better parking and cinemas wasnt going to come back and slap them in the face?

I dont care if Im "wrong". Others do, and it seems to really, really hurt them when its pointed out.

Again, its really not my problem.

I'd say that bickering with rival fans is more honourable and worthwhile than sucking up to said fans and trying to make friends with them.

Take a bow spurspinter.

I love this forum. Mods are fair, by and large, and the majority of posters are decent enough. My only gripe is a few take things to heart too much. But hey maybe they weren't loved as a kid :)

Back