• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

If Moyes had more than 10 pessos in coins to spend every season - who knows, he could have done much, much better.

After all he is the only other manager bar Arry to break the Top 4.

Very underrated, imv

Mourinho had 100 times more money to spend at Madrid (than us for example) and still fcuked out last year so coming to or club with a fraction of the budget comapred to Utd, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool - he most certainly wouldn't garantuee us winning the PL and Champions League. Shockorooney

What has been patchy, Milo? I thought it has been a solid ascend to stability bar Ramos.

Up to Jol it was mostly caretakers and patching up holes.

Jol was a solid choice and was undermined terribly both by players and execs. Could have gone to build from there (two solid 5th place finishes) if it wasn't for key players leaving and only given limited time. You cannot win the PL in 2 years time with a fraction of the Big 4's turnover.

Ramos is the only blip, but that was partly down to Comolli too, in my opinion. Also a language barrier to an extent.

Arry was a very, very safe choice amidst the storm and it played out excellently for us.

I would imagine we can only build from here on, come on - it's not like he'll go for Big Sam or Houllier

I think that Santini and Ramos were disastrous appointments and that he allowed Hoddle to be undermined by Pleat. The current set up was not planned, it was a panic move that paid off.

Really? You think that Redknapp would, for the first time in his entire life, stop looking out for Harry Redknapp and turn down a job he wants just to keep fans happy because they didn't disagree with him on some decisions? Preposterous.

Maybe I should send Bale/Modric Valentines cards because that way they won't want to go to Real/Utd?

Mmmmm theres a difference between questioning decisions, and being called a saggy faced thieving c#nt by your own fans.

I didnt say he would stay, but I believe, when weighing up his decision, had he felt as supported as he clearly did by the Wigan game for a whole 3yrs, it MIGHT have had an effect. Coupled with the progress he's made, and his relationship with the players and chairman.

At the end of the day, footballers are human, and if you dont think it makes a difference how you treat someone, then good for you. The tone you use when you say "You think that Redknapp would, for the first time in his entire life, stop looking out for Harry Redknapp", just sums it up for me.

Some people see football as more than business, and the human element, and the bonds and fondness you have with the people at your club makes a difference to some.

Its this what makes me want certain people at the club, and others to stay the hell away. For me, its not 11 robots on the pitch in a Spurs shirt. Who wears the shirt, and represents us is very important. The same goes for the manager.

If you dont understand the human elemnet involved in football, Im not sure why you follow it. Your cynicism is quite interesting, but not surprising.

Last edited:
he's hardly going to be perfect if you do micro analysis on him and judge his success failure at every curve.

but if you look at the overall picture where we are now is directly related to him at the helm. everything we have done and tried whether it be success or failure has taken us forward. his vision, transfer policy, business acumen and financial nous , his balls of steel in the modric saga, etc et etc etc etc...has been to take this club forward and we have been moving forward.

even our big share of TV and european exposure i put down to the bald guy.

i dont want harry to leave but if he does i have faith that Levy will still make the sort of moves to progress us forward as a club with his next selection as manager.

I'd agree that his managing of the business has been largely good.

Santini had 13 games in total

I already accepted Ramos was a blip

Yes, it was a panic move bit he could have also gone for Big Sam or Roy instead - he chose Arry. Now depending on your agenda of course you can either claim it's luck which worked out or an informed decision considering our contextual situation at the time

I'm not sure why people always seek to take credit away from his instead of acknowledging his efforts to keep everything together while keeping us abreast with teams which turn over half a billion pounds per annum.

I think that Santini and Ramos were disastrous appointments and that he allowed Hoddle to be undermined by Pleat. The current set up was not planned, it was a panic move that paid off.

it was still a move, and he could have sacked harry at any time if he was so bad at assessing a situation

and the santini and ramos appointments were bad , yet both those brought relative success in one way or another, and when things were not working out he cut it and changed it and assessed again.

this is exactly how business men work isnt it?

I'd agree that his managing of the business has been largely good.
but his managing of the squad is bad? quick answer is that he isnt a manager, not a football one anyway

how about his managing of player purchases? how do you like those?

Santini had 13 games in total

I already accepted Ramos was a blip

Yes, it was a panic move bit he could have also gone for Big Sam or Roy instead - he chose Arry. Now depending on your agenda of course you can either claim it's luck which worked out or an informed decision considering our contextual situation at the time

I'm not sure why people always seek to take credit away from his instead of acknowledging his efforts to keep everything together while keeping us abreast with teams which turn over half a billion pounds per annum.

I don't have an agenda, I'm just pointing out that his record in appointing managers is patchy.

Moyes is too much of a gamble. If we were in a similar position to the one which we were in when Ramos went then maybe I would go for him however we are in the best situation which we have been for decades, will hopefully have CL football again next season and have a very strong platform to kick on from here and establish ourselves in teh top 4. As such, we should be a very attractive proposition for a lot of managers - Levy should be inundated with applications for the job from genuinely top managers. We're in 3rd position in one of the top 2 leagues in teh world, have a chairman who backs his managers and some top class players! We cant therefore risk the great position which we're in by appointing someone likes Moyes who might do well but has never proved himself at a top club - we need someone who has managed in the CL regularly and reguarly competed for/won trophies

I really dont care about the nationality of the manager either as our players are from across the globe so its not really an issue like it is with the England team

And I'm suggesting his record has been improving ever since Santini and has brought stability,continous progress and prosperity to the club.

Won't even go into the Stadium project

Absoulte flimflam. Moyes is already at a big club with standards, who the fuk do you think Everton are ? Some little club like Stevenage ? I suggest you learn your history.

What planet are you on ? Mourinho, the league and CL ? lol. I hope you are a girl, because then I could excuse the pish your talking.

what on earth? LOL LOL LOL

why? i mean just why? i'm laughing i know but that was bad man. Poor form Andy Gray

Putting aside the issue of money, Mourinho guarantees a complete overhaul of almost any club he walks into, a complete change of ethos. On that basis, if anything, I feel he is vastly underrated (!) as a manager. He brings with him unique benchmarks and practices. He also brings mind games and a lot of other nonsense. The caveat is that he hasn't really done it at Real, and yet they are hardly doing badly.

NEVER going to happen anyway.

You can never trust any manager or players nowadays. Loyalty means nothing to them now. It is all about personal glory and fame. Won't be surprised or upset if Redknapp takes over England. Ofcourse, it will be a huge setback to us but we can't do anything about it.

Absoulte flimflam. Moyes is already at a big club with standards, who the fuk do you think Everton are ? Some little club like Stevenage ? I suggest you learn your history.

What planet are you on ? Mourinho, the league and CL ? lol. I hope you are a girl, because then I could excuse the pish your talking.

Woah there, I think you may have got some woman issues, son.

Siddown and take a breath.

Harry Redknapp will have to decide Spurs future, says Tottenham director

Tottenham director Sir Keith Mills says it is up to Harry Redknapp to decide whether he stays at Spurs if he is offered the England manager's job.
Redknapp is tipped by many to replace Fabio Capello as England boss after the Italian resigned on Wednesday.
"Harry needs to make a decision whether he'd like the job or to stay at Tottenham," Mills told BBC Radio 4.
"I'm sure Harry won't be the only candidate. Whether Harry's approached or not is not a forgone conclusion."

That tells me that Spurs will not let him juggle two jobs which basically means bye bye Arry.

Cant help but think if this news didnt cause the outbreak of disgust and anger that it did among so many Spurs fans, and the venom they spouted. Venom which actually continued despite coming 4th, and having a great CL run, which even promted a "Harry Out" movement early this season.

And the general, underlying hostlity that never ever went away for some people, and had we ALL given him a chance, and shown him the apprecition he deserved from day one, when we beat Bolton, then we'd have a better chance of him staying.

The panic and despair among Spurs fans is laughable. Try supporting someone WHILE they are on trial....and WHILE they are doing their job....not after they are cleared, and when you think they are going to leave.

He called some of the Spurs fans idiots, and despite everyone crying like babies about it, he was right. Careful what you wish for (some of you even wished for Coyle and Moyes).

Dont expect someone to show undying loyalty, when you couldnt give it to them, despite the great things he brought to the club.

If he goes, he goes.

Really mate? I've been supportive of Redknapp from day 1, been behind every one of his signings (well, other than Nelsen, that still baffles me but that is for a different thread). But I've always been more than aware of Harry's wandering eye, he's not exactly the most loyal of managers is he?

Our 'affection' towards him would have made little difference. Redknapp's decision now will be based solely on what he thinks is best for him and his legacy. Does he continue with this Spurs team, possibly take us to our highest PL finish and win a trophy, thus cementing his position as one of our best managers? Does he feel he can maintain us at this level? Or does he go for the job that's always been his dream, to manage his country? But then again, this seems to be a poisoned chalice.

Either way, I'll say fair play and thanks for the job Harry. You've put us in an excellent position and if you leave, no hard feelings whatsoever, I hope you do an excellent job with England and have a fruitful, relaxed retirement. You deserve it.

But, us singing his name every game, fawning about him etc etc, would have made no difference.

You can never trust any manager or players nowadays. Loyalty means nothing to them now. It is all about personal glory and fame. Won't be surprised or upset if Redknapp takes over England. Ofcourse, it will be a huge setback to us but we can't do anything about it.

I agree there is nothing we can do about it, and no one would be surprised by it. He's made it clear for years that he would take it if offered.

But all this "loyalty means nothing" might be ok with you, but it means something to me.

The day I dont care when a player treats us like sh#t, or a brilliant manager leaves is the day I stop following football. Take out the emotion and whats left?
Nothing as far as Im concerned.

I will say though that I agree with your overall point on loyalty and have said it many times before. Fans have zero loyalty towards players or managers really. Chairmen likewise. And players and managers have little loyalty to their club or their fans.

We're stuck in a never-ending cycle of disloyalty. :D

That tells me that Spurs will not let him juggle two jobs which basically means bye bye Arry.

That's exactly what I thought myself. If he has any respect for us he'd only take the job in May and let Southgate deal with the flimflam friendlies it till then.

Come on, Arry - prove you care about all the 'idiots', right?

Aye. Mourinho won't happen because we won't (rightly) shell out for massive wages. He loves his reputation and I can't see he'd want to damage it by taking on the big spenders in the PL with Spurs and failing.

Moyes... TERRIBLE football. You can kind of take that with Jose because he wins things (and Real actually play pretty nice stuff at the moment) but after the riches we've had in recent seasons it would be painful to see our Spurs play the Moyes way. I'd like to see a gamble taken on someone like Brendan Rodgers but I doubt they star players would accept that - so it's got to be a 'name' I guess.

Back