• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

LOL the media!
The FA have orchestrated every part of this. They wanted Capello out and Redknapp in before the Euros. They wanted to sort out the Terry/ Ferdinand mess before a Redknapp came in.
So they stripped Terry of the Yellow without involving Capello. Thus provoking Capello.
Capello went public with comments as they knew he would. Then he was in breach of his England contract http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/06/fabio-capello-fa-john-terry
So they arranged a meeting with Capello a few hours after the Redknapp verdict.

If the FA hadn't have planned this all in advance how do the media know Pearce will be in charge against Holland and what coaching set up they want Redknapp to have. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...A-appointed-coaching-staff-article863161.html

They've been briefing sports journos behind the scenes about this for days. Look how primed and ready they were instantly calling for Redknapp for the England job as soon as he was cleared.

These ass-jerks couldn't even get the day right:
Redknapp is the Football AssociationÔÇÖs outstanding candidate after Fabio CapelloÔÇÖs dramatic resignation on Thursday.
True, there's obviously a lot of media attention, and even Lawro the Twunt has words to say about Redknapp being England manager. But just because we see a lot of smoke doesn't mean there's a fire... yet.

Things are progressing quickly. I think it would be wise if we just watch things play out in the next day or so before jumping to conclusions.

I only really started supporting Spurs properly last season in the Champions League, because we were exciting and I was proud of Tottenham. A lot of that is credit to Harry. From reading some posts on here it would seem people were underwhelmed when he was appointed and probably only thought it was ever going to be a stop gap. But after the heights Harry has taken the club to and memories he has given us I would be devastated. But Harry is 64 years old and like others have said, for any manager to manage their own National football team is the pinnacle of their career. Even though most of us are sick of England, we are still a high profile Country in World Football and for a working class man of Harry's age managing England would be an honour, it's recognition of what he's achieved in football. He can stand alongside other managers like Del Bosque, Low etc. Harry is probably torn because it's obvious he has real affection for us and tbh Spurs have been good to Harry as much has he has been good for us. Getting us in the Champions League and lighting up the competition like we did, made Spurs well known in Europe and as an article in today's Daily Mirror says, Harry has given kudos to Spurs to make other top managers like Ancelotti interested in managing us.

If Harry leaves Spurs for England, we should NOT be bitter or angry towards him. We should do the decent thing, wish him well & thank him for the memories!! :cry:

This gooner had this to say about redknapp:
somegoonerguy13 said:
Nah, to be fair to 'Arry, he's a pretty good manager. He knows what he's doing.

:eek:

Not many of us have had anything nice to say about Wenger, aside from the overachieving thing. I'm also a relatively new spurs fan, and following them for the past two years has been a great ride. I love everything about this club, even when things don't seem to be going our way. If Harry goes, all I would worry about is whether the next manager can keep us playing at the same level, or better. I think it would be great if Harry could stay on with Spurs until the 2014, but I'm guessing that won't be likely. Wish him all the best if he takes the job. Everyone seems to want him in there for one reason or another, but at the very least, I want some sort of solution sorted out so the circus doesn't become distracting. Just waiting to see what the next few days hold, for now.

Just think... if Harry really takes the job, and it is his last in management... we might just have seen his final ever transfer dealing...

I'd be sad but wish him best of luck and thanks - bet he's gonna create a 3 lions account in the bahamas ! He'll have calls and hold meetings with Pearce while being the caretaker till Arry takes over after the season ends.

But what happens to us next?? Arry has taken us to some giddy heights which I haven't enjoyed in decades - we've had a generally upward trend since Santini came. Levy magic, quality youngsters mixed with some great old heads. If Arry does take the England job, if offered, I hope we get a great replacement, because good just won't do ! Just seems Arry's time with us has been so short, but achieved so much.

@WayneRooney -"Gutted capello has quit. Good guy and top coach. Got to be english to replace him. Harry redknapp for me."

This is shocking

Looking at all those tweets further up - seems like this has been coming on for months and everyone knew on the inside (players, etc.) it would be Arry. What a massive clusterfcuk. If it blows our season the FA should compensate our CL loss of revenue and pay for Llorente's transfer fee

Last edited:
I think Capellos resignation is brilliant for Spurs! Absolutely perfect! Harry was going to walk in the summer and we would have been left with Capello resigning in July and then losing Harry mid-transfer window and 3 weeks before the season

Now we'll know well in advance whether he's going to be going and the most likely situation has to be that Pearce will manage England for the Holland game (OUR LAST GAME BEFORE THE EUROS) with Harry appointed in advance to take over in May. Levy can therefore offer Harry say ?ú1m if he finishes 3rd, ?ú500k for 4th so he is incentivised and also has 3 months to identify a new manager

The situation for us is far far better than a few hours ago

After the Holland game, we then have Norway away and Belgium at home. Plus the incoming manager is going to have to spend time on trips to Poland and Ukraine to check that the set up booked for the tournament fits in with how he would want to prepare the players.

In no way will this be easy for either Tottenham or England if Harry does get it part time.

Terry would never give up anything voluntarily. The idea of giving up the captaincy, or even quitting England given the current situation, will never even occur to him.

Terry was going to walk until Capello stepped in. He threatened the same before South Africa, and again, he was going to retire from England until Capello changed his mind. The other players knew he didn't want to be there which just disrupted everything and lost Capello the dressing room.

Once out of the 'bubble' which was England's SA training ground Capello pulled it back together for the qualifiers, but there will be senior players who were expecting the same again.

Not sure if thats tongue in cheek or not, but have seen it multiple times.

Its rubbish IMO, just an excuse. Capello has been a dead man walking for some time IMO

It was tongue in cheek but most certainly isn't rubbish, imv

The FA undermines their manager's authority months before a major tournament by dealing with one of his players without consenting him first. I'd say any self-respecting manager should have done the same. Imagine Levy selling someone without consulting Arry first.

Fcuk this media flimflam circus anyway which commences few days before each tournament and never takes a rest until the next humiliating defeat. I see no reasons whatsoever for Capello to have resigned if Terry wasn't involved with his trial and the subsequent loss of captaincy. Unless Ferdinand was in ot in it and initatied the whole cycle - in order to give Capello reason to walk. 1882's kind of consipracy :D

Harry is unpredictable charcacter though, his loyalty to other clubs he has managed has been flimsly at best, i hope he stays but i am doubtful he will if offered the position

LOL the media!
Capello went public with comments as they knew he would. Then he was in breach of his England contract http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/06/fabio-capello-fa-john-terry
So they arranged a meeting with Capello a few hours after the Redknapp verdict.

If the FA hadn't have planned this all in advance how do the media know Pearce will be in charge against Holland and what coaching set up they want Redknapp to have. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...A-appointed-coaching-staff-article863161.html

They've been briefing sports journos behind the scenes about this for days. Look how primed and ready they were instantly calling for Redknapp for the England job as soon as he was cleared.

Its a good theory, but....

Capello wasn't called in after the Redknapp verdict, he had just been on holiday and was due to be at Wembley anyway. He was there in the morning and was pictured leaving around 5.... 6 hours!

The Pearce situation is the same as was set up when Capello joined, so nothing new. Plus with Pearce taking on Team GB its pretty obvious that he will be the caretaker before any England appointment.

....and nobody was being primed. Redknapp is the media choice for England and the 'will he/won't he' stories would have been prepared for the end of his trial anyway (if not before).

Last edited:
I understand if he wants the job, so won't hold no grudge, but really hope he stays, obviously. Can't really see anyone succeeding with the England job, with the massive amount of idiot football players over there. Even Capello couldn't do anything for you. I know it's high status and somewhat of a manager's dream, but it must be way more fun playing games week in and week out, instead of playing once every blue moon and getting nothing but stick from the entire country, even if you win. What a fudging job, must be one of the worst in the world, surely.

The FA undermines their manager's authority months before a major tournament by dealing with one of his players without consenting him first. I'd say any self-respecting manager should have done the same. Imagine Levy selling someone without consulting Arry first.

....Capello was told about it in advance. He wasn't given a choice, but was told that it was being reviewed by the board and what was likely to happen.

Last edited:
I hope he stays. But if he leaves, I will wish him all the best.
With that said, I think that leaving would be a mistake...
International football is not on the same level as club football, and the England team is full of overhyped egomaniacs who never play as a team and are always one of the favorites, at least in the english media...
The only reason I see for him to take the job is if the FA double his wages...

If he does leave, it could even be good for us, if we get somebody like Mourinho or Hiddink...Somebody who can take us a level up...

Id wish him the best,been a good 3 and half years hasnt it:D
The next appointment has to be right,no David Moyes or anyone like that

Back