• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

I realy hope the next manager at spurs aint a Italian, we need a manager that bring the joy of playing in.. Like Jol and Arry..
We need a attacking minded manager.

Harry could just take charge for the duration of the Euro's themselves.

Did not consider this. Would that satisfy everyone tho?

Thing is, The FA will want a solution as soon as possible, they almost certainly won't wait until after the season. If Harry is given the job now to start after the season or he's given the job now part time really doesn't make much of a difference apart from those 4-5 days when the friendly against Holland is being played. The pressure will be on him. He will have his thoughts turn to the England job just as much. He will probably travel around a bit more either way to watch more games live. The press will obviously be asking him about it all the time.

Calm down ffs, lets just wait and see what the ITK's say then we will know what Harry will be doing.

You're absolutely right, so I went and checked.

Ryantegan on SC (whose boss is mates with Harry):

Harry has been playing down the England job for months in private

You're absolutely right, so I went and checked.

Ryantegan on SC (whose boss is mates with Harry):

Harry has been playing down the England job for months in private

and in pretty much every interview - press conference i have seen with him the past year or so

LOL these jokers

Last edited:
Also with a lot of english players if he did both jobs for a bit they might work harder in trainning with us to get to go with england in the summer. Im thinking defoe, lennon, hudd when he gets back, dawson. Might be win win for us.

good point

Personally I think if he leaves us with Champions League to look forward to next season and wanted to manage England I'd have no problem. He won't brick with England but he probably knows that. He'll still have a good time in Rio with the lads.

How funny would it be if Harry and Levy decided to properly celebrate the successful not guilty verdict. Get some blow, hookers and champagne at Levy's place, turn of their phones and go wild. Then they wake up at some point mid day tomorrow, turn on the TV and "fudge, Capello resigned?"

I don't think anyone could begrudge him going in the summer at all. He has been great for us and has made no secret of the fact that it would be hard to turn the England job down.

I would be a little disappointed to see him go, I think he could still have another 2-3 very good years here with us but I would be happy to send him on his way with the best of luck.

Klinsmann is one of my all time favourite players. A legend of the game. But, really would be a massive risk as manager.

On Harry, of course he is going to play it down and some quite rightly point out he has been doing in press conferences anyway. No point him building up a job only to be disappointed.

The Naughton16 point about staff is absolutely key imo. There is just no way Levy will sanction this midseason, when we could get top 3. It is not just about getting CL but also about the whole future of the club, from the stadium project to future playing staff. Cannot risk that so the FA get our manager for a few months before the end of the season after screwing up yet another appointment of their own and wasting millions in the process.

From an england perspective I wish the fa would really show some balls and say to whoever takes over (which, lets be honest, is probably going to be harry) that they've got a "free pass" for the euros and are basically expected/required to rebuild for the next world cup. Similar to what france/germany seem to have done or even england rugby.

All of the players that have under performed for england when they were supposedly in their prime are unlikely to now win us a tournament and are even less likely to still be around for the world cup so we should make a brave step now. I'd effectively retire terry, lampard, gerrard, ferdinand, barry plus probably a few others I haven't thought of off the top of my head. If its going to be redknapp he should be encouraged to set the team up similarly to how we play, with width and pace and let them play with some freedom.

Without being overly biased, scott parker one if the few older players that I'd keep around as he's not been tainted by previous failings, give him the armband put him next to someone like the Wheelchair in midfield, they can hardly be less effective than the years of trying to shoehorn gerrard & lampard together in there.

I don't think it can be guaranteed that Wheelchair will find his way back for some time. But on the England job Spurs surely have to say something tomorrow, because getting to the point where no one feels any shame in calling for our manager to become the England boss is unsustainable.

Moyes coming to Spurs will end up like Hodgson at Liverpool. At Everton he's lauded and feted because it's "poor Moyes, with no money, he's doing fantastic, brilliant etc", so no pressure. As soon as he is at somewhere with expectations and certain standards he won't be able to hack it. If Harry goes, only the best for Spurs will do.

Mourinho will make our stars stay and we only need a couple of players, a top striker certainly, (Cavani or Facao or Damio) and with Mourinho we can win the League and maybe Champions League.

I hope Levy/Harry act swiftly and firmly so we focus on the task at hand..
No part time role
Nothing gonna happen this season

END OF...

:rolleyes:

Levy has had a long time to prepare for this. I'm certain he has plans for many different scenarios. One thing's for sure, he has learned from previous sackings and appointments.

Back