• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

I will wish him well if he goes he has done great for us i hope he stays till the end of the season.

I have always said he would be mad to go to england but he seems to want it so good luck to him.

I'm not particularly against any of the names mentioned (excluding Sherwood because that's surely ridiculous) but nevertheless cannot deny my worry about what might happen. The key thing is making sure we get top 3 and keep our best players. I am not adhering to this line necessarily but surely it matters to players the kind of manager we bring in. They will compare to the other top teams and wonder about our choice....hence why this is so important. But Moyes is a good manager, Rogers certainly is but really too soon imo, while Coyle is having a tough year which diminishes the chances of him considerably. Mourhino, Rijkaard, van Gaal are all going to be linked but to be honest I have no clue apart from saying that Mourhino is the one who instills most confidence in terms of results.

He's never won anything so is a gamble. We are an attractive proposition so should be able to attract far more talented manager's than Moyes. We can hopefully offer a new manager CL football, a top team in one of th top 2 european leagues, some bloody good players, a chairman who backs his managers, a new big stadium in the pipeline...we should have managers queueing up to take over. I cant believe that Moyes is the best option that we'll have

you are equating talent with trophies - when that isn't entirely the case - stick "Big Name European Manager, With Lots Of Trophies With A Big Club Who Has Loads Of Money To Spend" in charge of Everton with the resources available to Moyes and see how well he does

Rodgers >>> Moyes

Hmmm they both have pros and cons.

Rodgers is young, plays an attacking and attractive style of football the relies heavily on wing play and a strong centre (much like us now), has also managed to make his team defensively solid whilst playing that type of football. Cons are that he's not exactly proven and not sure how he's going to react the pressure of expectation at this club.

Moyes on the other hand has done a fantastic job at Everton over the years with not much to spend. Not the most attarctive brand of football but effective and i'm sure he can change his style to suit our needs if he's given a nice transfer kitty. Cons are that he relies more on hard workers then flair players which could turn the fans against him very quickly.

He's never won anything so is a gamble. We are an attractive proposition so should be able to attract far more talented manager's than Moyes. We can hopefully offer a new manager CL football, a top team in one of th top 2 european leagues, some bloody good players, a chairman who backs his managers, a new big stadium in the pipeline...we should have managers queueing up to take over. I cant believe that Moyes is the best option that we'll have

I agree we should go for one of the top managers in the game like Mourinho. But Moyes' name will definitely be thrown into the hat. People act like he's a second rate manager just because they don't like his style of play. He got Everton into the top 4 ahead of a Liverpool team that won the European Cup with virtually no money.

I don't know why so many Spurs fans are so against David Moyes. Yes I know Everton are dirty, very dirty, but guess what, so are Real Madrid (a Mourinho team) despite being one of the richest clubs in the world. Moyes's Preston side played pretty decent football, if he came to Spurs, he would know full well that the kind of behaviour that his Everton players get away with isn't acceptable. He is a football man, he would know about our history and preferred style of play.

The problems with Mourinho are there for all to see, but with him it's a case of the positives massively outweighing those negatives. At least in my opinion. Much less so with Moyes.

My problem with Moyes is just that Everton have always been kind of average and alright. Never exciting. I'm sure we would be solid defensively and he would do alright. But we're not looking for alright, we're looking for something a bit more. I didn't see what he did with Preston, but in my opinion good attacking play is much tougher to accomplish than defensive solidity. Reminds me of Hodgson for Liverpool, is he capable of taking the step up to where you're expected to be in control of most games, expected to keep possession and play against teams that park the bus. Not just park the bus yourself.

Could be that he is, but I would rather we went for someone that has proven at least on some stage that they are rather than go for someone who may or may not be ready and able to do that.

Calm down ffs, lets just wait and see what the ITK's say then we will know what Harry will be doing.

Also with a lot of english players if he did both jobs for a bit they might work harder in trainning with us to get to go with england in the summer. Im thinking defoe, lennon, hudd when he gets back, dawson. Might be win win for us.

Nope, am not saying 'fudge Harry'. He's done well for Spurs and am greatful. However life moves on - he's said he wants to manager England and the FA will want him to manage england. We need harry to be motivated between now and May so lets offer him a performance related deal from now til then and make sure we have the best guy lined up to replace him. Everyone is a winner

I said fudge harry to emphasize the feeling of 'it doesn't matter who runs or is at the club as long as the club does well' attitude which I hate about the modern game.

how about

1) Mourinho
2) Hiddink
3) Van Gaal

Not sure that Van Gaal would be a good fit here to be honest, I rank him alongside Capello in that I feel his disciplinarian streak is a slightly dated and will put players noses out of joint. If we couldn't get either of the first 2 then I would wants us to maybe try for Ancelotti whose contract with PSG is relatively short term or possibly Jurgen Klinsmann as an outside choice.

how about

1) Mourinho
2) Hiddink
3) Van Gaal

right this is the problem i have right, Van Gaal - i remember reading that he is a strict disciplinarian whose players end up loathing him - makes them all stand in the canteen until he takes his seat - makes them all call him Sir etc - im sorry but that brick will not fly in the premiership - appoint a manager like that here and it will fall apart quicker than a Chinese Motorbike, if we go for a big name manager we have to make sure that he will be the right type of person to get the best out of the squad, this is my gripe "oh van Gall he's won everything he's a certain to win us trophies" it doesn't work like that im afraid.

by all means get a big manager, but don't just look at the trophy list

what happens when we get to 100 pages?

By then this thread will have become a fist fight over who's the better manager of Mowbray and Strachan for place number 279 on the Official GloryGlory Top 500 Managers in the World list.

Is there not an even bigger danger here that if Harry leaves its not just him, but he'll want his coaching staff with him..Bond, Sherwood, Jordan etc? That would leave us in complete disarray for the remainder of the season.

Back