• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

Well I am afraid if we get a second rate manager (should he go) you can kiss good by to the likes of Modric, Bale etc, long contracts mean nothing apart from how much the players are worth. If you really think the Modric stance was a defining decision, I think you are unfortunately wrong. He is staying until the summer, then he will decide on his future and his pay rise.

that's your opinion and you can think that all you want mate, im confident and happy in what i believe

whoever started that rumour needs to shut the hell up or is on a wind up, nobody will ever take him seriously for Spurs manager

Of course they wouldn't. The man is only employed by the club thanks to Redknapp. Can you imagine this bafoon telling Luka or Rafa how they should play or what they should be doing in midfield? they'd laugh in his face and tell him to fudge off.

My order =

1) Mourinho
2) Hiddink
3) Moyes = Coyle = Rodgers

Wouldn't mind any of them. If however we decide to give Tim fudging Sherwood the full time position i'll be physically ill.

Agree with 1 and 2. WOuld replace your number 3 with someone who has actually won a trophy in one of the major EUropean leagues

I agree with your order for the first two. Should be our first choices and Levy really should look to do what he could to get them. Not convinced at all on Moyes and Coyle though and I would rather we went for Klopp (Dortmund), Bielsa (Bilbao) or someone like that. Rodgers would be a fun gamble, but I'm not convinced that he's ready.

I don't see any reason to worry about Sherwood though, much too soon. Maybe in a couple of seasons, after him being an assistant manager for a year or two. Maybe. But not now. Not gonna happen.

Coyle is very good. He's a motivator like Arry and i know Bolton are not doing well at the moment but i bet he'd do a very good job here.

Most managers that fail to make the step up fail at buying players. Thankfully the old days of a new manager buying his own team are over. We don't need a coach either, anyone can keep the players fit and work on their game. What's needed is someone to be in charge of tactics and motivation. That make sure every player that sets foot on the pitch is there to win.

I don't know why so many Spurs fans are so against David Moyes. Yes I know Everton are dirty, very dirty, but guess what, so are Real Madrid (a Mourinho team) despite being one of the richest clubs in the world. Moyes's Preston side played pretty decent football, if he came to Spurs, he would know full well that the kind of behaviour that his Everton players get away with isn't acceptable. He is a football man, he would know about our history and preferred style of play.

and i think Redknapp has proven that there is more than just a trophy list to show who can do well as a manager.

That was already well known.

But again, it's about who is more likely. And someone more experienced, that has won trophies are more likely to be the right person for the job than someone less experienced that hasn't won any trophies. It's not the end all, be all. But it is one of the factors that should be considered. It shouldn't be ignored just because there are also other factors.

Fair enough. At least I know where you stand.

However, The FA will most likely want a resolution to this case long before May and most likely before the friendly against Holland. If we don't allow Harry to talk to The FA or sign with The FA they will most likely sign someone else for the Euros and could end up signing someone else for a longer period of time as well as their targets might not be willing to sign shorter contracts.

I would fear that upsetting Harry by not letting him talk to The FA and taking away his chances to manage England if he really wants to might be a much bigger negative influence than Harry spending 4-5 days with the England squad in February and thinking about England while also thinking about Spurs.

fudge the FA, fudge em in the arse!

its alot about getting a big name, I tell you way...
If the club lose Arry now and get a star manager, it will send a signal to the players that the club is ready too take the next step, and not that they are hurt of the manager leaving. Its not always about who is the best manager..

But there are some problems:
What would Levy say?
What would the club whant from FA to let HR go?
Can FA afford it?
What is HR going to say too the press now? (yea he will talk about this, and say his mind on it... thats the way HR is)
Can HR manage both club and England? the rest of the season...
Could FA allow it?

FA is going all in on manager now, and yea I think that is HR.
ppl talk about its only one game for England, but I bet the manager got a job to do, when its not game night too...

WE do need a winner simply because getting a non-winner would be too big a gamble. There have been enough managers who have done well at a small club, been tipped for big things and then when they've moved to a big club they;ve failed. Spurs havent been in as good a position for decades and therefore we need to get someone who has the best chance of taking us to the next level...and a manager who has won things is the best bet

like Ramos yeah ?

i know cheap shot, soz

look im not opposed to getting in a big name manager - BUT the list of trophies a manager has is not my primary cause for concern when weighing up who we appoint, there are far more important things to consider. we need a good motivator/man manager - someone who is hungry, someone who plays simple attacking football someone who knows the league and the differences between English football and that on the continent etc etc

Roy Keane on Rooney's comments:

"Wayne should keep his nose out of it, he didn't do enough on the pitch when Capello was manager."

Which is nice, but the second part is total gonad*s

are you a journo?

Keane actually said "he didnt do enough on the pitch when Capello was manager, with some of off field antics" (well, words to that effect)

which is true, and will be the same no matter who is manager - very good (NOT great) player, but a serious attitude problem that is indicative of the attitude throughout the England camp

Coyle is very good. He's a motivator like Arry and i know Bolton are not doing well at the moment but i bet he'd do a very good job here.

Coyle seems alright. Not sure what he's done do deserve being called "very good". For me he hasn't done much more than Martinez for example.

I don't know why so many Spurs fans are so against David Moyes. Yes I know Everton are dirty, very dirty, but guess what, so are Real Madrid (a Mourinho team) despite being one of the richest clubs in the world. Moyes's Preston side played pretty decent football, if he came to Spurs, he would know full well that the kind of behaviour that his Everton players get away with isn't acceptable. He is a football man, he would know about our history and preferred style of play.

He's never won anything so is a gamble. We are an attractive proposition so should be able to attract far more talented manager's than Moyes. We can hopefully offer a new manager CL football, a top team in one of th top 2 european leagues, some bloody good players, a chairman who backs his managers, a new big stadium in the pipeline...we should have managers queueing up to take over. I cant believe that Moyes is the best option that we'll have

Of course they wouldn't. The man is only employed by the club thanks to Redknapp. Can you imagine this bafoon telling Luka or Rafa how they should play or what they should be doing in midfield? they'd laugh in his face and tell him to fudge off.

Agreed but I was told about his "high regard" by a lot of people involved at the club.... fudge knows why he was out in the position in the first place

Back