• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

He can go to City, PSG, Anzhi, or any other club which could give him a blank cheque to go shopping

If he comes to us - would be the first time in his career where he would be severely limited in his finances and not guaranteed world class players in comparison to his previous exploits.

Dare I mention Porto? Also none of the other clubs are currently in London.

That makes you clap?

"Can't beleive that GEEZA, we want an English man for the job." Get any 25 stone drunk and i bet he can say near enough the same thing too.

I think you will find he doesn't have to be 25 stone and drunk.

Whats wrong with an Englishman taking the job anyway?

If we are so grand - why couldn't we match Chelsea's wage offerings to Modric and quash that drama once and for all?

I love the optimism in seeing him with us but personally I thiknk he'd end up at United (most likely - even SAF's made noises before) or some lotto winners.

Are you being for real?

It's painfully obvious we have cash to spend and more then likely Levy didn't give it to Arry because he felt there was a danger of him leaving. I bet the new manager is gonna have a lot to play with.

If we are so grand - why couldn't we match Chelsea's wage offerings to Modric and quash that drama once and for all?

I love the optimism in seeing him with us but personally I thiknk he'd end up at United (most likely - even SAF's made noises before) or some lotto winners.

He isnt going to wait 2 years for SAF to possibly retire is he

I think you will find he doesn't have to be 25 stone and drunk.

Whats wrong with an Englishman taking the job anyway?

I personally beleive it doesn't matter what nationality the manager is but i get why some may want him to be English (both Capello and Erickson were flops). What i don't get is why you'd clap for such a basic comment that wasn't even articulated well.

"I can't beleive that last GEEZA on the phone, we want Arry." oh shut up Barry you twirp.

Are you being for real?

It's painfully obvious we have cash to spend and more then likely Levy didn't give it to Arry because he felt there was a danger of him leaving. I bet the new manager is gonna have a lot to play with.

So are you suggesting Levy held back for 2 YEARS because Arry couild leave and all this was a transition period in wait for Jose?

I repeat again - WAGES is our biggest problem not always fees per se. Look at Modric - are you for real?

Gazza has just been spotted outside FA headquarters with a fishing rod, 4 pack of lager and a cooked chicken

Firstly, this Perryman bloke saying he'd choose Guardiola over Redknapp-so what? Isn't that a good thing? You blokes really are confusing on occasion, half the time you're praying that the FA don't come after Harry and the other half you're slagging off anyone who suggests someone other than Harry. Make up your damn minds! :D

As for Mourinho, if the FFP rules come into effect, there won't be many moneybags left to throw around. City can't afford to spend any more without cutting their squad drastically. PSG have Ancelotti. He won't go to Anzhi, and they're likely to be disqualified from Europe anyway (they reported a massive loss last year, if I recall correctly). So, seeing as he wants to come back to England, where can he go? Chelsea,nah. Abramovich has to cut back on his spending and Mourinho's ego won't be able to stomach going back there. United? maybe, but Fergie doesn't look like retiring any time soon. City we've already disqualified. Liverpool? Can't see him going there as long as Damien Comolli is around, and John Henry trusts Comolli too much to let him go. (If you've watched Moneyball, Comolli is ,to Henry, like the Billy Beane of football). so who does that leave? Le Arse and us. Arse seem more pre-occupied with posting profits, and I can't see them tossing out their long-serving manager. That leaves only us. We're in a decent position, all things considered. We can afford to spend a bit due to our transfer profits, we're financially stable, we have great expansion plans and, if rumors are true, aren't afraid to spend big on transfers when the need arises. The only problem, which I think is an insurmountable one, is Mourinho's gargantuan wages.

I personally beleive it doesn't matter what nationality the manager is but i get why some may want him to be English (both Capello and Erickson were flops). What i don't get is why you'd clap for such a basic comment that wasn't even articulated well.

"I can't beleive that last GEEZA on the phone, we want Arry." oh shut up Barry you twirp.

Are you for real, most people in the East End talk like that.. well they did 20 years ago.

I can believe - he's Italian, which equals racist. So was supportive of Terry scum. Now the FA has waded in to relieve Terry of his captain duties, that he's already lost once for shagging his team mates wifey.

Believe part 2: he's Italian - which means he's jealous of England's potential in the Euros - so why not cause a bit of chaos and throw our slim chance out the window.

TBH - this has bit the FA hard on the arse - we need to learn and employ an Englishman.

Good luck to Harry if he goes - wish him well. If he does, let's hope we don't do a swap deal for Fabio and lets secure our future by getting MOURINIO!

So are you suggesting Levy held back for 2 YEARS because Arry couild leave and all this was a transition period in wait for Jose?

I repeat again - WAGES is our biggest problem not always fees per se. Look at Modric - are you for real?

No we bid on Aguero 38.5m and that was confirmed by his own club directors (Atletico obviously not City). We bid on Remy and that's also confirmed. Levy bid on top quality players but isn't gonnna give Arry big cash to go ot spending if theres even a slight concern he might be off.

Yes wages are an issue but depending on who we let go in the summer, i still think the new man is gonna have a nice bit of change to play with (both in transfer fees and wages).

Back