• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

Being a Spurs fan is soo f'ing mental at times!

....anyone ever wonder what life would be like if they just grew up supporting Rochdale or Barnet lol

David Platt? Could be an interesting choice. English, a successful playing career, played in the team that got to the WC semifinals, and was born in 1966.

Calm down, fellas, it isn't that bad. Levy won't let Harry leave midway through our most promising season in nearly thirty years. The concern is that he gets distracted nonetheless, and these things can very easily filter down to the players.

As for Mourinho, I agree with what some wise poster put up above; if Mourinho arrives, Rafa would not be at the Lane come the end of 2013. And I'm not sure I want that. I mean, Mourinho is a winner and all, but something about Rafa screams 'Spurs'. The tactical anarchy, the dazzling skill, the will to win and the niggling injuries- all Spurs trademarks. He's one of my favorite players for that reason alone, so I'd hate to see him shackled and then sold by an overzealous tactically-minded coach.

But all this is apocalyptic doom-mongering. Harry's still here. May not be for much longer, but that's where The Best Chairman In The fudging League (trademark) comes in.

Calm down, fellas, it isn't that bad. Levy won't let Harry leave midway through our most promising season in nearly thirty years. The concern is that he gets distracted nonetheless, and these things can very easily filter down to the players.

As for Mourinho, I agree with what some wise poster put up above; if Mourinho arrives, Rafa would not be at the Lane come the end of 2013. And I'm not sure I want that. I mean, Mourinho is a winner and all, but something about Rafa screams 'Spurs'. The tactical anarchy, the dazzling skill, the will to win and the niggling injuries- all Spurs trademarks. He's one of my favorite players for that reason alone, so I'd hate to see him shackled and then sold by an overzealous tactically-minded coach.

But all this is apocalyptic doom-mongering. Harry's still here. May not be for much longer, but that's where The Best Chairman In The fudging League (trademark) comes in.

Ive laughed at some huge over reaction and knee jerking on this thread in the last 45 mins

Im calm as, Harry is ours till the summer at the very least

By 'defend our way to victory', do you mean play a counter attacking game that gives us a much higher chance of winning a difficult game?

Because i'm all for that.

i mean several things - diving, cheating, persistent fouling - all trademarks of a Mourinhio side
when we come up against the big teams i want to see us go all out for the win, to the best of our capabilities, if we lose we lose - but knowing we give it a shot, JM only cares about the win and getting it by any means necessary - not what i associate with Tottenham.

plus he has many of the qualities i find despicable in a person. no need to go down that road though ;)

What I think will happen is that Pearce will take over the squad for the European Championships with Harry agreeing to take over after the competition. At least if this happens - Levy will get full value from The FA and will have plenty of time to search for a replacement.

Gary knows.

Gary Lineker @GaryLineker_
Then when Jose wins La Liga, he can come to Spurs

What I think will happen is that Pearce will take over the squad for the European Championships with Harry agreeing to take over after the competition. At least if this happens - Levy will get full value from The FA and will have plenty of time to search for a replacement.

They will want Harry either now or for May 14th or whatever end of season date is

Back