• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T AVB Sacked by Cheatski

In the dressing-room the players grew tired of his timekeeping, fed up of him monitoring their arrival some days from the balcony of his first-floor office.

Some started a game among themselves, flying into the car park as the seconds counted down to the scheduled arrival time. They would jump out of their cars with moments to spare, winding up the manager by acknowledging him with a sarcastic wave as they headed in to change.

-----

chaos

In the dressing-room the players grew tired of his timekeeping, fed up of him monitoring their arrival some days from the balcony of his first-floor office.

Some started a game among themselves, flying into the car park as the seconds counted down to the scheduled arrival time. They would jump out of their cars with moments to spare, winding up the manager by acknowledging him with a sarcastic wave as they headed in to change.

-----

chaos

Where is this from?

What a bunch of ****s. AVB was on a hiding to nothing. They should just make EBJT player manager and let it be done with.

Scolari reveals Chelsea 'hell'

Former boss has sympathy with Villas-Boas

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @skygraemebailey. Last Updated: March 5, 2012 8:00am

Former Chelsea coach Luiz Felipe Scolari insists it will be 'hell' for whoever succeeds Andre Villas-Boas at Stamford Bridge.

The Brazilian suffered a similar fate to Villas-Boas, lasting just a month less during his reign at the club which came to an end in February 2009.

Scolari admits he has sympathy for the young Portuguese tactician, firmly pointing the finger of blame at owner Roman Abramovich.

"England has clubs like Arsenal, where Arsene Wenger has been for several years, yet has won only two or three championships," said Scolari, now in charge of Brazilian outfit Palmeiras, at a news conference.

"But Chelsea's culture is very different, but this move is strange - although it's not so strange to me because of what I went through there.

"Some things are known, like the relations with the chairman, who has the relationship with some players before the coach.

"Villas-Boas was a champion and he will continue to be. He needed to replace at least seven or eight players, even since I was there, but he failed.

"It will be hell for whoever succeeds him."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7570000/Scolari-reveals-Chelsea-hell-

Last edited:
Abramovich personally told the players they were responsible for his demise and warned them there will be 'massive changes' at Chelsea in the summer. Villas-Boas was so consumed — some believe obsessed — with the job, he had even slept at the training ground in a Japanese-style pod on Saturday evening

respect :)

sack em all I say..........................

AVB's record at Porto was first class and his team was stylish and attacking. I'd have no problem whatsoever if he replaced Harry when HR leaves for England. Would still prefer Mourinho or Hiddink but think its great for us that he'd be available

I sincerely hope Levy is keeping tabs on him in case Arry is indeed about to walk in the summer

Would love to have him work with our young players, not some ageing overpaid qunts who think they're are bigger than the club

I sincerely hope Levy is keeping tabs on him in case Arry is indeed about to walk in the summer

Would love to have him work with our young players, not some ageing overpaid qunts who think they're are bigger than the club

i think AVB's reputation has been massively harmed by what happened at chelsea. Basically too many players had no respect for him and his methods, and because footballers talk amongst each other, im sure players at other clubs have heard tell-tales from the Chelsea mob and AVB has become a joke figure. Wrongly in my view but players are not the brightest bunch and it doesnt take much to influence their opinion.

that was his ultimate downfall really, that and a chairman that was never going to give him time to prove his worth - he may well could have turned out a failure but after 6 months ? it shows nothing imo.

He was undermined terribly - by rich spoilt brats who went moaning to their rich daddy about the mean nanny who made them wash their hands and do actual homework

i think AVB's reputation has been massively harmed by what happened at chelsea. Basically too many players had no respect for him and his methods, and because footballers talk amongst each other, im sure players at other clubs have heard tell-tales from the Chelsea mob and AVB has become a joke figure. Wrongly in my view but players are not the brightest bunch and it doesnt take much to influence their opinion.

THIS

Obviously Abo was the primary problem in the AVB fiasco, but I would be very, very concerned about AVB's man management. All the reports are suggesting that he was arrogant and high-handed with players and staff.

I suspect a large part of that was insecurity on his part - his age, his relative inexperience, his first job in a big league etc. He probably felt he had to come in and be firm, but he overplayed his hand. So perhaps if he went to another big club like Spurs he'd have learned from that and wouldn't be so anxious and uptight to prove he's the boss. That would be my suspicion, but it would be a big risk to let him in at Spurs nonetheless.

AVB's record at Porto was first class and his team was stylish and attacking. I'd have no problem whatsoever if he replaced Harry when HR leaves for England. Would still prefer Mourinho or Hiddink but think its great for us that he'd be available

Isnt that a bit like saying we should go for Neil Lennon because he is doing really well with Celtic?

Back