• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T AVB Sacked by Cheatski

Are you not the same guy who has strongly disagreed with my recent opinion on AVB ? Maybe I'm mistaken and you aren't, but if you are then I'm glad this thread was brought back. Makes me aware that I should just ignore your replies to me in future because you just totally contradict yourself, and I was probably overly accurate when I said the anti Harry feeling had suddenly turned loads of people into AVB fans.

You are one of the few people in this thread who quite clearly didnt rate him. He hasn't even won a game since you made these posts so its not like he could have done anything to convince you otherwise.

Hold on a sec, people are allowed to change their minds surely...especially after coming to terms with a repetitive situation that they dont like (Harry losing the second half of the season twice in a row etc, tactical issue etc etc)

The reason i'm saying this is that i remember nayim 'questioning' AVB....but i also remember him then looking into AVB's situation and THEN making a more informed decision.

surely people should have the right to have an opinion then do research or at least expand their intake / possibilities ..and then change their minds.

Hold on a sec, people are allowed to change their minds surely...especially after coming to terms with a repetitive situation that they dont like (Harry losing the second half of the season twice in a row etc, tactical issue etc etc)

The reason i'm saying this is that i remember nayim 'questioning' AVB....but i also remember him then looking into AVB's situation and THEN making a more informed decision.

surely people should have the right to have an opinion then do research or at least expand their intake / possibilities ..and then change their minds.

Yes, I wanted AVB before he went to Chelsea although not at the price Porto were paid . However I didn't want AVB as Harry's replacement after his failed stint at the Chav's because of the pressure that would be heaped upon him if we didn't get off to a flyer . There's a very large group of people out there waiting for him to fall flat on his face i.e. media people and many of our own supporters. The managerial appointment should've be one of unity and AVB is clearly not one.
We need to get some wins and fast or it can quickly snowball.

Sense of humour fail!

Double standard success more like. I did a little WUM routine in another thread and I have to admit it amused me no end how certain people are using points they didn't regard as valid last season when someone else is in charge.

ArnieArdilas raises a good point IMO about unity. AVB was a very daring/risky move by Levy and it was never one that was going to unite the fans. I just hope that AVB is given time to prove all the doubters (and I will freely admit I am one of them!) wrong. My only caveat is that we try and play attacking, attractive and daring football. So far I have been a little bit disappointed with the way we've set out and I hope it's just a case of AVB trying to ensure that we get a solid platform before embarking on a strategy to have us playing the Spurs way.

Are you not the same guy who has strongly disagreed with my recent opinion on AVB ? Maybe I'm mistaken and you aren't, but if you are then I'm glad this thread was brought back. Makes me aware that I should just ignore your replies to me in future because you just totally contradict yourself, and I was probably overly accurate when I said the anti Harry feeling had suddenly turned loads of people into AVB fans.

You are one of the few people in this thread who quite clearly didnt rate him. He hasn't even won a game since you made these posts so its not like he could have done anything to convince you otherwise.

Which recent opinion was that?

Ive never denied AVB made mistakes at Chelsea, not once. Read that post in its entirety, instead of a select statement, and I think its reasonably balanced.

I didnt "clearly not rate him", more accurate would be "clearly had reservations"

AVB seems to be a manager who plays a system, and isnt flexible in that approach. Thats certainly how he seemed to me at the time, since then he has admitted mistakes and stated he cant try to change to much to soon at Spurs (my biggest issue at Chelsea) so perhaps he has learnt?

To convince me of his graces instead of failings, I have appreciated his approach to training, which I believe is taking shape in the team, and I have seen positives in the performances to date - even if you havent. I think the shape, the commitment to playing on the floor, the use of wingers... All hold a lot of potential.

Ill make no apologies for changing a view when presented with more information.

And I take exception to this "I was probably overly accurate when I said the anti Harry feeling had suddenly turned loads of people into AVB fans". It is certainly not true in my case and, IMO, indicative of prejudice and agenda on your part. Perhaps you need to step back a little instead of trying to wage war and insist on sides and such.

Feel free to ignore my posts if you will, it wont be a loss on my part.

Edit : Also, as an aside - I think it is hilarious you have gone through a months old thread looking for posts to try and score points on

Last edited:
Double standard success more like. I did a little WUM routine in another thread and I have to admit it amused me no end how certain people are using points they didn't regard as valid last season when someone else is in charge.

ArnieArdilas raises a good point IMO about unity. AVB was a very daring/risky move by Levy and it was never one that was going to unite the fans. I just hope that AVB is given time to prove all the doubters (and I will freely admit I am one of them!) wrong. My only caveat is that we try and play attacking, attractive and daring football. So far I have been a little bit disappointed with the way we've set out and I hope it's just a case of AVB trying to ensure that we get a solid platform before embarking on a strategy to have us playing the Spurs way.

I genuinely hope there are more with that view. Im fully prepared for a rocky period while new ideas bed in, and sincerely hope knucklescrapers dont start ramping up the pressure if he isnt an instant success.

Whether or not one agrees with Redknapp being replaced, the fact is he has been replaced.

Any new manager should enjoy SUPPORT.

eHkGP.gif

Back