• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T AVB Sacked by Cheatski

this is how Brendan Rodgers responded when asked if he would be interested in the Chelsea job

"For me the focus is on Swansea.I came here to do a job. The story for us all so far has been fantastic and I hope that will continue. If any of our fans are wondering about me and Chelsea, they need not panic. I am trying to build my career, not destroy it."

And while undoubtedly flattered to be put in the frame alongside such high-profile candidates, the Northern Irishman says they are welcome to one of the toughest jobs in world football.

"There is so much going for Chelsea - it's a terrific club," he added. "But you can't continue doing what they do and have success. It does not work. The next manager who goes in there will have the same problems and issues.

"It's a big job and demanding job - that's how it is at the big clubs and that's why the salaries are so high. It's certainly going to be interesting to see what route they go down now."

That's how a man with dignity, a bit of class and respect should respond.

Dignity?

As he said, he is starting his career, Harry is coming to the end, and we all know he will leave

Before you start asking me questions about what he has done for the club, why don't you answer mine ?

Where is the source of being asked "about the Chelsea job and what it would mean to him" ? Then when you clearly cant find one as you made it up as a response to me, you can then admit your taking rubbish as you used it to say "what did you expect him to talk about?".

I have given examples of how players/managers respond when asked about other jobs when they are in employment. It's called being respectful for your currently employers. Modric may not have been the best example of this, but he did comment on how good his time has been at Spurs when asked about moving.

My views of Harry may not sit with you, but you used made up questions about what Harry was asked just because you didnt like what I said about him.

I should really take the advice of one of your previous posts, you are clearly stupid and are dragging me down to your level.

Wow.

I'm many things Wriggly but I'm not stupid, and neither am I going to be baited by someone who doesn't have the decency to be civil in a discussion. As far as I can see - the clearest way of showing a lack of intellectual capacity, is to throw insults at people for no reason, behave in an irrational and emotional way and to be beyond reason over simple issues.

I'm trying to understand why you have such an irrational and infantile dislike of someone who has produced the best footballing side since the 60s, the best aggregate results of any Spurs manager and a side for the first time in donkeys years that actually looks like its capable of achieving something.

To get so wound up about a quote in the media about a vacant job elsewhere, by giving honest and open answers is beyond childish. To be so hostile to a guy who is being openly touted as the best of all options for the England job - which he has neither been offered, nor has he categorically said he would take if he was offered is unreasonable as it is a waste of your time and effort to get wound up about events that you cannot influence or change.

You have virtually accused me of being a liar, about something you have seized upon, and I have not responded to - ie your need for absolute proof over the interview and questions in full. Well - the reason I haven't provided you with what you want, is that I can't be bothered to waste my time looking for it - you just don't deserve for me to put my time and effort to one side, because you are such an ignorant and rude individual. I'm not a liar or a fool, I just don't care enough about what you think or want, because people as rude as you deserve nothing in return.

Wow.

I'm many things Wriggly but I'm not stupid, and neither am I going to be baited by someone who doesn't have the decency to be civil in a discussion. As far as I can see - the clearest way of showing a lack of intellectual capacity, is to throw insults at people for no reason, behave in an irrational and emotional way and to be beyond reason over simple issues.

I'm trying to understand why you have such an irrational and infantile dislike of someone who has produced the best footballing side since the 60s, the best aggregate results of any Spurs manager and a side for the first time in donkeys years that actually looks like its capable of achieving something.

To get so wound up about a quote in the media about a vacant job elsewhere, by giving honest and open answers is beyond childish. To be so hostile to a guy who is being openly touted as the best of all options for the England job - which he has neither been offered, nor has he categorically said he would take if he was offered is unreasonable as it is a waste of your time and effort to get wound up about events that you cannot influence or change.

You have virtually accused me of being a liar, about something you have seized upon, and I have not responded to - ie your need for absolute proof over the interview and questions in full. Well - the reason I haven't provided you with what you want, is that I can't be bothered to waste my time looking for it - you just don't deserve for me to put my time and effort to one side, because you are such an ignorant and rude individual. I'm not a liar or a fool, I just don't care enough about what you think or want, because people as rude as you deserve nothing in return.

I'm still waiting for you to answer your lies. You cannot.

As I mentioned previously, I am not sticking around at your level.

You are set to ignore.

Dignity?

As he said, he is starting his career, Harry is coming to the end, and we all know he will leave

Yes dignity, you obviously don't know what the word means or you wouldnt question it. One of its meanings is having respect for yourself. His answer clearly shows that respect not only applies to him but to what he thinks of his current job.

did anybody notice the pathetic scenes before kick off today, and also RDM trying to arse lick lamps and drogba when chelsea scored, lamps seemed to be having none of it - looks like a kind of 'you'll have to work harder to tap this' attitude

@ Wriggly

Your a naive little man arent you.

Big Bad Harry will leave for a fast buck, but the Pope Like Brendan would NEVER do such a thing. :ross:

Its got nothing to do with dignity. As he said, he is trying to build a career, not break one. Its in his best interest to stay. If it was in his best interest to join Chelsea, he probably would.

Harry is at the tail end of his career, and we all know he will probably leave. Why should he harp on about staying here? You want to be lied to or something?

Heres what he said after his trial:

Redknapp told Abu Dhabi Sports: "Just to walk away now, when we're in such a good position, it wouldn't be fair, it wouldn't be fair on Tottenham. I have to really keep focusing on Tottenham."

Redknapp added: "I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't the popular choice. I know I am, it's been everywhere, in every paper every day But it's not an easy one.

"I have a good job and I work with good people and I have a good team. The fans have been fantastic to me.

"This week we have Stevenage in the Cup, then we have Man United, then we have Arsenal, then we have Chelsea. We have some fantastic games. It's an important time for me with Tottenham."

Guess you missed that one though, shock horror

Last edited:
Not one mention of him being happy at Spurs. Not one mention at all about Spurs, our players and how well we are doing. It's all about him, only ever has and as soon as he fuks off to the England job the better.

I don't think the England situation is sorted yet.

If The FA had any clue at all they would be in negotiations with Mourinho at the moment. But they don't, and will most likely go for Harry. But the situation isn't sorted yet, and we don't know what Harry and Levy have been talking about, even though it seems likely that Harry will leave there are several scenarios where he might still stay.

Either way, I really prefer honesty instead of empty flattery. I prefer Ekotto saying "I don't really care", but then seemingly growing to like the club. I prefer Harry, being honest all along about how much the England job would mean to him personally. I preferred the quiet Carrick, when the United transfer looked very much likely. Much rather have that than the empty words of Campbell, Barmby and Keane and to quite an extent Modric. Apart from the obvious slap in the face of refusing to play for us I preferred the honesty from Berbatov.

Harry has said many great things about our club and our players, when talking about those topics. He has shown on the sidelines that he cares, and he has shown with the results that he has been performing. If he has an interview or two without mentioning Spurs I couldn't really care less. He's earned the right to talk about whatever the fudge he wants to. And as long as he's honest with both us and Levy I will understand if what he wants to do is to take the England job.

@ Wriggly

Your a naive little man arent you.

Big Bad Harry will leave for a fast buck, but the Pope Like Brendan would NEVER do such a thing. :ross:

Its got nothing to do with dignity. As he said, he is trying to build a career, not break one. Its in his best interest to stay. If it was in his best interest to join Chelsea, he probably would.

Harry is at the tail end of his career, and we all know he will probably leave. Why should he harp on about staying here? You want to be lied to or something?

Heres what he said after his trial:

Redknapp told Abu Dhabi Sports: "Just to walk away now, when we're in such a good position, it wouldn't be fair, it wouldn't be fair on Tottenham. I have to really keep focusing on Tottenham."

Redknapp added: "I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't the popular choice. I know I am, it's been everywhere, in every paper every day But it's not an easy one.

"I have a good job and I work with good people and I have a good team. The fans have been fantastic to me.

"This week we have Stevenage in the Cup, then we have Man United, then we have Arsenal, then we have Chelsea. We have some fantastic games. It's an important time for me with Tottenham."

Guess you missed that one though, shock horror

I'm right lol, you don't know what dignity means. I actually said it as a bit of a joke.

You are another added to the ignore list. This feature is fudging brilliant. Weeding out the trash is a difficult job.

I'm right lol, you don't know what dignity means. I actually said it as a bit of a joke.

You are another added to the ignore list
. This feature is fudging brilliant. Weeding out the trash is a difficult job.

Thank f#ck for that

Last edited:
Look at that, what a fudging joy to behold. I might actually enjoy posting a bit more now.

2i8925t.jpg

Attachments

• 2i8925t.jpg
    2i8925t.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 5
No one wants to see another thread being ruined by petty point scoring and personal insults. Please keep it clean, if you cannot follow the site rules then maybe it is time to take some time out and calm down.

Back