• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

View attachment 12958

@DubaiSpur I’ll look at how their xG is high later but these stats to me show a team that had the ball (something our fans wanted) which people said is controlling the game (when it goes against us they do).
The only stat that matters though in this case is goals scored
You're misrepresentations what people were complaining about. It wasn't a desire to just have possession for possessions sake it was to have the ball and attack. We have the ball now, but we still play slowly and we create nada. The football we are playing now is not what we wanted Mou sacked for.

David Moyes is doing the best he can with the squad he has, ditto Potter, but can we actually say the same of Nuno? Methinks not
And how long has Moyes been at West Ham? That all went swimmingly from the start didn’t it? So much so they sacked him then took him back again:D And I assume Potter had his system perfectly installed after a handful of games too….

Our first team is good, the squad is ok.
Technically we don't have any bad players, but we either have a huge mentality problem, a team not able or willing to play to a game plan or a coach who isn't getting it across.
These are not bad players.
I'm not buying the unbalanced thing either, played in a system that suited them, and their natural positions this squad has a lot more to give.

Reminds me of the BS said in earlier years that there were no players to challenge or improve the Spurs squad! We tend to overrate our players. A lot of our issues stem from that.
Kane, son and lloris are 3 world class players. Leicester, West Ham and arsenal don't have one between them

Give us a coach who plays high tempo passing football with a defensive press, and this squad suddenly blossoms

World class individuals don’t drag up squads
Look at united

I didn't see the utd game, but i did watch the after match chat (very unusual for me) and change the shirt colour and that could have been us.
The press is shambolic, if it even exists, there's some not trying, no co ordination between midfield and the forwards, no patterns or runs.
We have moments of absolute beauty when we cut teams apart, but its not part any plan, it just happens when pieces fall together.
The talent and skill are there, the planning and determination isn't.
We looked decent and moving forward for the first three games of the season, then it fell apart.

Our first team is good, the squad is ok.
Technically we don't have any bad players, but we either have a huge mentality problem, a team not able or willing to play to a game plan or a coach who isn't getting it across.
These are not bad players.
I'm not buying the unbalanced thing either, played in a system that suited them, and their natural positions this squad has a lot more to give.

Agreed. We have a decent number of good or better players, and if we can have another window like last summer with 3-4 decent signings, we should be in a very good position.

Biggest problem at the moment is tht the manager isn't getting the best out of them. We shouldn't be second worst in the league in terms of number of shots

Kane, son and lloris are 3 world class players. Leicester, West Ham and arsenal don't have one between them

Give us a coach who plays high tempo passing football with a defensive press, and this squad suddenly blossoms
Kane is not world class anymore playing for us at least, his performances have been poor. Although I guess that is Nunos fault too right….

Kane is not world class anymore playing for us at least, his performances have been poor. Although I guess that is Nunos fault too right….
I actually am coming around to it being the other way round, Kane is dragging us down.
Nuno can't drop him though.
How must glc, dele, Bergwijn etc feel watching him get game time every week, in what appears to be whatever position he wants, while they get shipped out to the conference cup in sides that are at best a mish mash.

I actually am coming around to it being the other way round, Kane is dragging us down.
How must glc, dele, Bergwijn etc feel watching him get game time every week, in what appears to be whatever position he wants, while they get shipped out to the conference cup in sides that are at best a mish mash.
Well we thought it wise not to sell him or to bring his successor in or even a backup option so Nuno can't drop him. Putting Son there just weakens the left side as well.

Well we thought it wise not to sell him or to bring his successor in or even a backup option so Nuno can't drop him. Putting Son there just weakens the left side as well.
Yep, very badly handled.
We should have bought someone to give him a kick up the arse, make him fight for his place.
Even if it was cheap option, £20m on a youngster or oldie, an option that says if you don't try you will be dropped.
But he has us over a barrel now.
Same as we have with him on transfers.
Its a Mexican stand off.

Our best performance of the season was without Kane. There’s no reason why he shouldn’t be dropped.

Kane playing like yesterday actually hurts us
He does drag us down as you say
His and Lucas stats were horrendous
And considering we had all the ball it really cost us

Back